It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Maybe this is another situation where hallucinogenics were involved. Pretty sure the apostle John was on something when he wrote Revelations.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: TinySickTears

if there was 2 of them - thats 90 degrees

Does that make them right angles?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Maybe this is another situation where hallucinogenics were involved. Pretty sure the apostle John was on something when he wrote Revelations.

Ergot poisoning was common.
Eat some moldy bread and end up talking to the bug people with scorpion tails about the end of the world.

Helluva bad trip.

But no. In this case, Joe Smith just used people's ignorance as a tool for coercion and made bank. Like L. Ron Hubbard. L. Ron wrote his pen pal Ayn Rand about how he was going to fleece the sheep by creating a religion...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

That explanation is just as simplistic as the one you don't believe in.

The myths of every ancient culture all share the same basic stories...what they call their gods differ but what those gods did all match up. Across the globe. Is that explained by contact with an advanced civilization? I'm actually asking what you make of that.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Did that Joe guy really see to Angles to lead him to a tree that would have "gold tablets" to be transcribed to him.

What are the odds that a young guy who was always looking for gold and digging in peoples fields trying to find it, would be led to "gold" tablets by god? Moses didn't get gold he got stone.
Add to this the fact that no one but himself saw said tablets before they were taken away.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Ya know.
I'm a atheist and think all religion is made up to control people.
But I've been to Utah several times because my brother has lived there for 30 years and I can tell you from experience that Mormons are nice people.

They are also preppers.
The church recommends they have a large food supply.
But the church also recommends garments "Mormon underwear"....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

"Mormons are nice People" well since there are a lot of them I would suppose that Mormons are all kinds of People.

hey are also preppers.

Well, there you go Christians are told not to prep with stuff but with faith.

Now if they were wise they would sell all they have and give it to the poor.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Two of them and it's square man.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Ya know.
But I've been to Utah several times because my brother has lived there for 30 years and I can tell you from experience that Mormons are nice people.

They are also preppers.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

"Mormons are nice People" well since there are a lot of them I would suppose that Mormons are all kinds of People.

hey are also preppers.

Howard Hughes used to get transfusions of blood from ONLY Mormons while watching that John Wayne flick that was downwind from a nuke test that he funded.

He thought since they didn't drink or smoke or even drink coffee or tea that their blood was more rejuvenative than other blood.

He also pissed in jars and took enough iv Valium to kill a small elephant every day.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Sure he did, the demonic kind.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: one4all

That explanation is just as simplistic as the one you don't believe in.

The myths of every ancient culture all share the same basic stories...what they call their gods differ but what those gods did all match up. Across the globe. Is that explained by contact with an advanced civilization? I'm actually asking what you make of that.

The most simple answer is most often the correct one.

It is the fact that the globally separated Macro-stories match up that evidences an early united humanity.....and the closer you look the more united and the smaller in numbers they become....until you reach a beginning point if you will.......as humanitys numbers shrink they become united more closely until it become an issue of geography and location at which point they become ONE UNITED HUMANITY with the ability to catalyse or begin an Epoch.

When Nibiru arrives in 2021 everything will change and the so very very few survivors will be akin to ants in a swimming pool until these few numbers find dry warm places to get onto high dry land again....IMHO far less than 1 million people will survive globally...and that number will be dramaticlly reduced within the first 2 generations.....until groups form that make life beyond bare animal survival begin to form and the species begins to send down new taproots.

There are now Deep uynderground Bunkers which have been built by a Global collective of Governments and by other Groups....this is SOP or standard operating procedure during these times when a cycle is about to end and a new one begin....however history shows us that MOST of these survival bunkers FAIL .....but not all.

Now envision an Earth 2 generations into this scenario...no schools no hospitals no medicine no technology no food or clean water no electricity....few people left alive and all seperated by vast geographical distances....trying to find each other before everyone perishes.....but WAIT.....somewhere on Earth a single DUMB survived and they have all of the technology we have today and enough supplies to keep their group alive and thriving for ten years..... when these people eventually meet the few survivors MANY DECADES later......there will be a massive void between the realities of the two groups....one will be akin to cave-man and one to Spaceman but BOTH will be at the same evolutionary level.....what do you think a 4th generation survivor that did not have the benefit of the Bunker consider a man in a protective suit who lands close by in a Helicopter....what will he think when that man begins SPEAKING TO HIM....and telling him what to do...good correct advice....and remember this Spaceman might be manipulative and planning to allow this other group to REMAIN far far behind his own survival group....well methinks this is a god scenario this is how the fables and imaginary idealisms are catalysed...by this type of interaction.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollymctrollface

originally posted by: olaru12
A Mormon, A Seventh Day Adventist and a Southern Baptist walk into a bar.....

Was there a Muslim bartender ?

He said: "No Beer for you!"

and they all went to the scientologists house for subversive sandwiches.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

And liberals aren't cult like? Yea, And I'm nine foot tall with cahonies the size of apples.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It looks as if someone sat in peanut butter in their Mormon Underwear.. Is peanut butter kosher?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Ya know.

They are also preppers.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

hey are also preppers.

Howard Hughes used to get transfusions of blood from ONLY Mormons while watching that John Wayne flick that was downwind from a nuke test that he funded.

He thought since they didn't drink or smoke or even drink coffee or tea that their blood was more rejuvenative than other blood.

He also pissed in jars and took enough iv Valium to kill a small elephant every day.

:-)
Why don't they drink Jesus did.
Math 11:19
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds."

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Re-continue

There is a lot of ignorance and fiction and pure BS being displayed about Mormonism here. At least get your history right, the train of events, Joseph Smith and his families history. The history of the early church might be a good place to start.

As for the people of Utah which are primarily Mormon, You will not likely find a kinder and accommodating people anywhere on Earth. Fact.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Re-continue

There is a lot of ignorance and fiction and pure BS being displayed about Mormonism here. At least get your history right, the train of events, Joseph Smith and his families history. The history of the early church might be a good place to start.

As for the people of Utah which are primarily Mormon, You will not likely find a kinder and accommodating people anywhere on Earth. Fact.

I am not seeing the ignorance of which you speak. The subject was not about how nice any people are.
I worked with a writer many years ago and we were allowed into the white glove archives to read the letters of the first Mormons sent home to Family. Many of the things learned there are not in the history books.

There are glaring things right off the bat as far as Christianity. Jesus himself turned down any part of politics which is ruled in the world by Satan. He told his followers to be no part of this world and yet Mormons have always been involved in politics.

Polygamy has long been a blight on Mormonism’s public relations. The founder of the religion, Joseph Smith, began claiming he had been commanded by God to take additional wives after his first wife caught him having sex with their teenage maid in the barn. Despite the fact that the Book of Mormon (which Smith said he translated by the power of God) denounces polygamy, Smith didn’t stop with two wives and, before he died, he had married close to 40 women and possibly many more. Some of his brides were as young as 14, and he even married women who already had living husbands. Sometimes, he would send the husbands on missions in foreign countries and marry their wives while they were away and unable to object. However, the revelation that Smith said he received commanding polygamy specifically forbade women marrying more than one man.

You shall not kill.

When Mormons were living in Daviess County, Missouri, he delivered a fiery oration on Independence Day of 1838 in which he promised that the Missourians who Mormons felt were persecuting them (the sentiments had some justification although Mormons did their fair share of antagonizing as well) would need to stop any disputes with the Mormons or face a war of extermination. He promised they wouldn’t stop until the last drop of blood was spilled. The text of the speech was endorsed by Joseph Smith.

Be the husband of one wife.

Sidney Rigdon was, for a time, the second most powerful person in Mormonism. Then, his relationship with Joseph Smith (depicted above in a statue at the Temple Square’s North Visitor’s Center) suffered due to a number of factors that strained the friendship including when Smith tried to marry Rigdon’s daughter (while Smith was already married) and his refusal to support polygamy. He was removed from his post but, when Rigdon was still Smith’s second-in-command, his input helped shape much of Mormon theology and he also gave the majority of important sermons to the earliest Mormon congregations.

Joseph Smith Ordered Governor Bogg’s Assassination

Brigham Young Said Mixed-Race Marriages Should Be Punished By Death

listverse.com...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I believe back in days people really were superstitious and actually believed that man who puts his face in hat actually gets prophecies and see revelations in there.. i wonder how many tried it home ...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Mormonism™ is the "same" as any religion™ It too has 'evolved' (quit laughing) like Jehovah's Witnesses™ or the folks w/the baby that knock on Your door.. One of their 'Field Staff' (Why would God NEED 'sales people'?) knocked on My door and said something about 144,000 GROUPS. Of course, JW didn't start PUSHING/SELLING this angle until their numbers were OVER 144,000 So when JW member #144,001 registered they "EVOLVED"...

They've evolved so much they even let Black people in now

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The one thing I do KNOW and know trumps "think" or 'felt' or "believed" that one thing I do KNOW is, don't take one camping because they'll drink ALL Your beer...

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Mormonism™ is the "same" as any religion™ It too has 'evolved' (quit laughing) like Jehovah's Witnesses™ or the folks w/the baby that knock on Your door.. One of their 'Field Staff' (Why would God NEED 'sales people'?) knocked on My door and said something about 144,000 GROUPS. Of course, JW didn't start PUSHING/SELLING this angle until their numbers were OVER 144,000 So when JW member #144,001 registered they "EVOLVED"...

They've evolved so much they even let Black people in now

I always take the time to try to help JWs and LDSers and any religious people I meet.....they are all 3/4 of the way to enlightenment....they just don't know what the word means....lol...when you can see through the wordplay naturally one becomes immune to the ever-running BS scripts which religons propagate once they go above and beyond the messenging of the past events and the coming events considered in TANGIBLE forms.It helps when one of your relatives founded a major doctrine and you have an inside view of this process which I am and do.I do believe there is a genetic component to being able to see through the wordplay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join