It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totalbiscuit, The Cynical Brit, John Bain has died.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It is with the utmost sadness that I awoke to the news, that one of the foremost and best computer game critics and commentators in the world, had lost his battle with cancer. John Bain was an exceptional wit, one which will be greatly missed from the ongoing struggle to correct the flaws in the gaming industry, as well, of course, as being missed deeply by his friends, and his wife.

He was only 33 years of age, but in that heartbreakingly short life, he packed in so much, even while struggling to survive. He only retreated from active computer game journalism at the beginning of this month, despite having been in a fight for his life for four or five years. He was an inspiration to a great many gamers, game critics, and a supporter of indie development, as well as a top contributor to the Steam recommendations listings, guiding good content toward the eyes of players, keeping the dross out of view wherever he could.

His attitude and delivery were entertaining, thoughtfully constructed. Despite his youtube phenom status (with over 2million subscribers last I checked), he remained a humble man, dedicated to his aims, and unwilling to abandon the battle against mediocrity, even as he slowly broke down on the physical level.

Please join me in mourning, prayer, and reflection, to mark the passing of a great mind, a powerful campaigner, and from what anyone can tell of him, a good man.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
That is a shock to hear, Don't know what else to say.

RIP TotalBiscuit

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Total out-of-the-blue kick in the nards for Warframe players yesterday when that news broke, there was a memorial gathering on one of the relays last night. TB gave the game a big publicity boost, we owed the man for the exposure.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
That is so sad to hear. He was one of my favorites to just listen to. I remember being in stitches over his Dadliest Catch commentary and gameplay among others.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sadness indeed.
John was a talented producer of some of the best , most informative gaming content on the tube , he will be missed.

RiP Totalbiscuit
Gamer

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

My deepest condolences to his family and loved ones.
He has inspired me in so many ways that they can’t be written into a single post. The way he spoke about Starcraft will never be forgotten.
RIP mate
Your in a better place now

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Aye. Most solemn respect. Among many more important things, my favorite E3 commentator and most fair Warhammer video-game reviewer. Regular viewers knew the day was coming, just not when.

A seriously intended RIP.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I used to listen to him a lot years ago. Pretty sad to hear he lost the fight

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Used to listen to him back in his days of covering World of Warcraft.

Rest in Peace, TB.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Always loved his WoW stuff....RIP

top topics

join