It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed bystander kills man who opened fire in OKC restaurant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
A bystander shot and killed an armed man who walked into an Oklahoma City restaurant and began shooting Thursday evening, according to police.

The incident happened at Louie’s Grill & Bar, located along the shore of Lake Hefner, police said.

Two people were shot and one was injured while running from the scene, according to KFOR. The two who suffered gunshot wounds have been taken to the hospital with “serious injuries” but are expected to survive, police said.

When the suspect walked outside, “a bystander with a pistol” confronted him and fatally shot him, police tweeted.
fox5sandiego.com...

Another one bites the dust
edit on 25-5-2018 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Good.

Not much else to say.

+3 more 
posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

They did their civic duty and saved the tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Yep, nothing like extrajudicial killings to save the tax payer money.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
From this video interview with OKC Police Captain Bo Mathews:
"Thankfully... ...the only person that is deceased is the person who went to harm other citizens, and it looks like our other citizens are gonna survive at this point. So that's the best thing we can hope for, and it looks like that's what happened today."

Amen to that.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
America is beginning to look like the Middle East these days. Just on a smaller scale.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
good , in a country that guns are sold legally and illegally, i think it is a good thing to see a good guy armed and prepared for this moment, give him a medal

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
America is beginning to look like the Middle East these days. Just on a smaller scale.

It's the wild Middle West, Pilgrim.

*touches 6 shooter, so you know*

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
good , in a country that guns are sold legally and illegally, i think it is a good thing to see a good guy armed and prepared for this moment, give him a medal

Effectively, you're saying that you're glad the Problem was met with someone anticipating the problem.

Problem?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Meh. Why not. There's no speculation. It was this guy that started shooting at random people. Its better that they not be given the chance to put more people in public in harms way or any of the people in facilities they would have been sent to. You think the government is the only one that should be able to use force?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Are you implying that the shooter should have been allowed unhindered ability to shoot and kill his victims? And that the citizen was a self appointed Vigilante ?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Same Question

a reply to: SummerRain

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: Dr UAE

Effectively, you're saying that you're glad the Problem was met with someone anticipating the problem.

Problem?

no problem, just a solution. bad people exist. Luckily, so do good people.

When you can assure me nobody else will try to hurt innocents, I'll come to your way of thinking, till then, just no.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Yep, nothing like extrajudicial killings to save the tax payer money.

I know, he should have hugged him instead.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

#hugsNOThollowpoints

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

Meh. Why not. There's no speculation. It was this guy that started shooting at random people. Its better that they not be given the chance to put more people in public in harms way or any of the people in facilities they would have been sent to. You think the government is the only one that should be able to use force?

I think it's better to do something about it beforehand then wait for the body count to rack up. Shooting someone after they shoot others isn't solving the problem at all. In fact quite the opisit its just continuing to allow it to occur over and over and over. It's almost like we learn nothing from these incidents we change nothing yet expect a different outcome . And until we learn people are going to die.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I know, he should have hugged him instead.

Someone should send him a fruit basket.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt

I think it's better to do something about it beforehand then wait for the body count to rack up. Shooting someone after they shoot others isn't solving the problem at all. In fact quite the opisit its just continuing to allow it to occur over and over and over. It's almost like we learn nothing from these incidents we change nothing yet expect a different outcome . And until we learn people are going to die.

If the dead guy is able to shoot some more people (after his current affliction) then we have some bigger problems on our hands.
edit on 25-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: Clarity

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

*shrugs* people have known for decades that cigarettes can kill you and yet people still smoke like chimneys.

In this particular case (with out knowing anything about why the dead guy started shooting) the shooter was confronted and stopped from killing anyone. Like the Police chief said this, is about as good of an outcome as you can hope for.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

No but he was able to shoot people before he was dead. If he couldn't we wouldn't be having this conversation would we?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join