It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator god or intelligent design, the facts that inform the theory?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Nature is proof of evolution, chemistry, geology, mathematics, and a few more things, but when have you ever observed a god in nature?

Can characters in a video game be shown proof of the programmer that created them?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
a reply to: surfer_soul

sigh.....

How many times do I have too.... sigh

youtu.be...

Coomba98

Sigh...

I can’t watch the YouTube vid and thus have no idea what your point was.

Sigh....

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Incandescent

You do realise that we do count the stars. With computers.

You do realise that like humans, technology is prone to errors and miscalculations?

which is why we continue to do those calculations whenever we discover a new variable to account for, but imaging distant stars is fairly simple nowadays.

How often is your calculator wrong?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Incandescent

rationalism is more important than empiricism.

This is the problem, totally asinine.

Coomba98

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Nature is proof of evolution, chemistry, geology, mathematics, and a few more things, but when have you ever observed a god in nature?

Can characters in a video game be shown proof of the programmer that created them?
Yes. If those characters are sufficiently complex enough to understand such concepts.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Invision123
God set the rules laws to enable life to emerge, it was inevitable.

Before that he created the universe with his grand plan in mind so that life could eventually emerge planets form etc.

Evolution is one of gods methods.
Until you can demonstrate any of that, it will remain your opinion and stuff.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

It depends on what type of equation I enter. If I attempt to enter an equation that has two or more different signs in its expression then it is usually wrong.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: chr0naut

Sorry pal, you've got no verifiable evidence to support claims of gods creating the universe, nice try though.

EDIT
You have faith and speculation, nothing more.

I have evidence that god exists and created everything. If he lets me, I'll come back with it to prove to you.
I’ll hold my breathe

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It depends on what type of equation I enter. If I attempt to enter an equation that has two or more different signs in its expression then it is usually wrong.
Yes because calculators use logic to calculate. If you enter an illogical equation it will give an illogical response. Gargage in garbage out.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Yes. If those characters are sufficiently complex enough to understand such concepts.

Please do explain how these game characters - no matter their level of intelligence - could prove to other characters in the game that a programmer created them and their world. What would suffice as evidence?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

I don't state 'there are no gods' and I'm not trying to prove there are none.
This thread is a mirror of the 'evolution' one for equity and balance, merely asking for the evidence or 'facts' to confirm or verify creationism.

But you are an atheist and as such reject the idea of god right? I contend that the reason for this and many other atheists views is because you get your ideas about what god is from religion. So it is religion you should be rejecting and re-thinking your ideas about what god is. I get that from a scientific point of view we can’t know one way or the other. But from a philosophical point of view god as a concept is the most reasonable conclusion to the problem of creation or indeed the infinite.

P.s is anyone else constantly being redirected to amazon saying they’ve won a gift card? Is this malware on my iPad or has ATS sunk so low as to allow this?
As atheists, we do not reject the idea that gods might exist, but, we have rejected every version that has been claimed to exist. If you can support your claim with some kind of evidence, or even a valid argument, we would be happy to evaluate it’s merits.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

sigh... thats why I put the link in below the video.

In case you missed it, its:

youtu.be...

Coomba98

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

This thread is about 'facts' which inform the 'theory' of creationism, you got any?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Why believe in these game characters if in your example we are said game characters, how would we perceive God in this example?

If its.... 'faith'.... meh.

I believe in Vampires who we (humans) are the genetic defects.

Why.... cause it sounds freaking awesome!!!!!

Prove me wrong using the same logic as your God.

Coomba98

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

This thread is about 'facts' which inform the 'theory' of creationism, you got any?

I don't believe in creationism, but since the thread title includes the words "intelligent design" which I DO believe is a plausible theory, I decided to chime in. Hope you don't mind?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Please do explain how these game characters - no matter their level of intelligence - could prove to other characters in the game that a programmer created them and their world. What would suffice as evidence?
probably several ways to identify a creator.

1) the creator makes themselves known. This would be the easiest process of course.

2) the characters identify the code used, and are able to use that code to rewrite reality in ways that would otherwise be impossible. (Breaking the physics of the game.

I’ll try to think of some more. That was a pretty fun exercise.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Hope you don't mind?

Not at all mate, this is a friendly thread unlike the 'evolution' one it is a mirror to. All comments are welcome, and no unfriendly replies either.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Here’s a fact we don’t get something from nothing ever.

So the universe popped into existence from nothing? Or Is it infinite?

Here’s another, that the second law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created or destroyed. So energy must be infinite. If all matter is in fact energy as science tells us, then what does that tell you about the material universe?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Here’s a fact we don’t get something from nothing ever.

So the universe popped into existence from nothing? Or Is it infinite?

Here’s another, that the second law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created or destroyed. So energy must be infinite. If all matter is in fact energy as science tells us, then what does that tell you about the material universe?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
Why believe in these game characters if in your example we are said game characters, how would we perceive God in this example?

A creator we don't have the capabilities to properly comprehend is the answer.

If its.... 'faith'.... meh.

Be honest, if you found an article from a reputable source stating that "scientists have just discovered..." you would be quick to take the article's findings on faith alone, without conducting your own research to confirm the claims made. Faith is not only employed by theists you know!

edit on 25-5-2018 by Incandescent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join