It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator god or intelligent design, the facts that inform the theory?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

"God did it" is the most ridiculous claim ever when there is no evidence to support claims of any gods.

Except that there have been thousands of texts, manuscripts, and books written about it. In fact the Bible is still the best selling book over the last FIFTY years, but you're the one who thinks there is zero evidence! LOL!

Psalms 14:1

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

??????????????
I'm sorry, you're claiming that a book of half-remembered myths written by a Bronze and Iron-Age Middle Eastern tribe is 'evidence'.
Erm, no. Try again.

As the author of this thread would say, your opinion is only speculation, so until you can prove that there is no God, you've got nothing but an opinion like everyone else.

This thread isn't about disproving any god/s. It's about emperical evidence for a god.

So far, creationist have nothing apart from whining and trying to not answer the question.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

"God did it" then lol
You've got nothing exept faith in old stories and it is hilarious reading folk such as yourself desperately scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find anything which remotely looks like evidence.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Like I said, popularity doesn’t equal fact.

Your argument that it is, fails.

That's not my argument. My argument is that some of you would do well to research why so many people believe that there is a God and WHY he created us. There is an answer. We're not just an experiment waiting to die out, or more likely, to destroy ourselves, although that's exactly what we would do if left to our own devices.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That's not my argument. My argument is that some of you would do well to research why so many people believe that there is a God and WHY he created us. There is an answer. We're not just an experiment waiting to die out, or more likely, to destroy ourselves, although that's exactly what we would do if left to our own devices.

Hey, here's a novel idea.....

Prove it. With evidence. You know? The thread topic.
edit on 2752018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

...and the verifiable evidence to support your claims is what exactly?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hey, here's a novel idea! Tell us why you think we exist in the first place. You know, show us that you have the ability to THINK!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Hey, here's a novel idea! Tell us why you think we exist in the first place. You know, show us that you have the ability to THINK!

I would, but that's not the topic of the thread.

Incase you missed it, it's a thread asking for the brainwashed religious types to prove a creator exists.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Incase you missed it, it's a thread asking for the brainwashed religious types to prove a creator exists.

LOL! Nah! I'm bored with the mindless babble coming from people who are too lazy to think, much less have a discussion. The truth is, if I gave you the evidence, you'd reject it because your minds aren't capable of perceiving or understanding anything outside your own little bubbles of existence.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

LOL! Nah! I'm bored with the mindless babble coming from people who are too lazy to think, much less have a discussion. The truth is, if I gave you the evidence, you'd reject it because your minds aren't capable of perceiving or understanding anything outside your own little bubbles of existence.

Your "evidence" was a book because it was popular. Same as Harry Potter.

Come on! This is your chance to prove your particular god/s exist!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

That's ridiculous. Mathematics was a necessary development - invented entirely by humans - from counting to ten to calculating Hamiltonians and tensor networks. Humans are intelligent. There's no need for an intervening being to show them the way.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

No one said anything of the sort. Cosmology and evolutionary biology are two different disciplines.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I've got a better idea! I'll start giving you something to think about instead (provided your capable).

When you look around at the world today, do you ever wonder why it's becoming more and more divided? Do you ever wonder why more and more people are only willing to believe what they WANT to believe, regardless of proof and facts? Do you ever read the news and wonder why that is?

It's no different with the Bible. In fact, the Bible tells us why people choose to believe a lie, and it tells us where it will lead us. You can keep guessing all you want, but there is a plan for this world and God has revealed it in its entirety inside the Bible.

Now, to you, that may not be reason enough to read the Bible, but when all of the Middle Eastern countries surrounding Israel decide to go to war with Israel, you might want to take a peak inside to see what happens, because it's coming some day and that's not a prophecy that falls into the category of the absurd. There's a reason why the tiny Jewish nation of Israel still sits in the middle and is surrounded by Muslims without being completely wiped off of the map, as Iran has stated that they want to do time and time again. How did a bunch of Jews end up surround by Muslims in the first place? Are you even interested in why that is? Of course you're not, but I thought it was worth a shot to get you to think about it, if even for a moment.

edit on 27-5-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Hmmm. I read all of that and noticed one thing....

A complete lack of evidence for a creator.

Try again.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Lol yes, just pure speculation based on faith.
This thread is asking for evidence of a creator god, come on creationists, help a brother out here, help me believe your claims.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Mathematics is discovered not created. It is an aspect of truth, which is why it is seen in nature. Truth is eternal, it has no beginning.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

Mathematics can be beautiful, I massively agree with you!
Gosh, imagine a world without maths, and only faith?!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I'm not busted at all, I'm asking for verifiable evidence to support god claims. Do you have any?

A door is solid right? Or is that your limited perception? Because a door is a lot of empty space and probability patterns.

What does that mean?
I think we all understand that the world of matter is made of electromagnetic fields. So when someone says that a door is solid, it is understood that it is solid compared to the air around it.

That is the definition of solid. You cannot pass through it. Although we know that on a molecular scale, things appear differently. It does not change the definition of the word solid.

There are atomic forces and quantum probability fields too. When you go down really small, the physicality of matter becomes really indistinct.
Be honest, what do you know about atomic forces and quantum probability fields?

Can you name an atomic force without looking it up?

Can you calculate a QPF?

Or have you been watching Bill Nye and heard some cool words he said?

There are two nuclear forces, the strong nuclear force and the electroweak nuclear force.

In quantum theory, events are not deterministic because we cannot say exactly what all the values of all the parts are. We have to satisfy ourselves with what the values are most likely to be. In this regard, we have to assume probabalistic values. The Schroedinger equation is of most value in determining quantum interractions and relationships, but Feynman diagrams can also be used to approximate the physical proprties involved.

Didn't have to look up any of that but even if I had the need to do so, it wouldn't invalidate my knowledge.

Also, Bill Nye's programs never aired in the antipodes, it is American, so I couldn't possibly have watched his show.
I know you looked that # up, and you still got one of them wrong. The electroweak force is a combination of the weak nuclear force and electromagnetism, which only unify at very high power levels.

The correct answer would have been. The weak nuclear force.

I guess you’re just another christian willing to lie to make yourself look smarter than you are. I thought you might have been better that that. Guess not.

I’m assuming you are not a college grad?

The electroweak force is an extremely high energy unification of electromagnetism and the weak nuclear force. At normal enegies, they are separate forces.

It is believed that at even higher energies, all the forces unify but the actual way in which this might work is not been rigourously presented.

My mention of the "electroweak nuclear force" is both an acknowledgement of the unification and a referral to the specific nuclear component. The key is in my use of the word "nuclear" in the description.

edit on 27/5/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Xenogears

Mathematics can be beautiful, I massively agree with you!
Gosh, imagine a world without maths, and only faith?!

Imagine a more complete and beautiful world with unified mathematics and faith!

(in acknowledgement of your previous referral to elegant mathematical proofs as "speculation". It must be hard to maintain a sense of beauty and completeness to the world if you have to constanly filter out and deny bits of it).

edit on 27/5/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Your "evidence" was a book because it was popular. Same as Harry Potter.

Come on! This is your chance to prove your particular god/s exist!

Do you honestly think someone belives in the Bible just because it is popular? Do rational people believe in Harry Potter because it is popular?

Besides which, there have been about 500 million copies of the Harry Potter books and conservative estimates are that there are upwards of 2.5 billion copies of the Bible. That's at least 5,000 times more Bibles than all the Harry Potter books. As a comparison, in an argument based purely upon popularity, it is fairly crappy, too.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Try reading what I was replying to next time. His “evidence” was the popularity of the bible each year, not total.

So, have YOU got any evidence of a creator? So far all the creationist have been totally lacking in any.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join