It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creator god or intelligent design, the facts that inform the theory?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

As for intelligent design, there is ZIP evidence, no models, no data, no nothing to work with. Scientists work with evidence and data.

Nature, the cosmos, physical laws, etc, all follow meticulous mathematical patterns. Mathematics are surely a sign of intelligence

Our universe consistently exhibits mathematically predictable laws. You should really stop publicly discrediting the Master Mathematician.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Again, pure speculation with zero verifiable evidence.
Come on creationists, why do you believe 'god did it' when you have nothing but an old book which has been translated multiple times to back your claims up?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

What exactly would suffice as evidence for you? You ask for signs of intelligence, and they are everywhere, but you call it speculation. Even our ability to speculate is a sign of intelligence.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Anything verifiable which is not just pure speculation, quite simple, but no creationists have any to bring to the table.
You have faith and nothing more.
EDIT
"God did it" is the most ridiculous claim ever when there is no evidence to support claims of any gods.
...but if you have some verifiable evidence to show to the class please do, you know, something testable and empirical?
edit on 27-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

"God did it" is the most ridiculous claim ever when there is no evidence to support claims of any gods.

Except that there have been thousands of texts, manuscripts, and books written about it. In fact the Bible is still the best selling book over the last FIFTY years, but you're the one who thinks there is zero evidence! LOL!

Psalms 14:1

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Lol, old books is your evidence?
LMFAO!

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Lol, old books is your evidence?
LMFAO!

Are you really so ignorant to believe that modern day people still aren't writing about God and their experiences with him?! People are evidence and so are their experiences. Just because you choose not to believe them is your problem and you will be judged by it. The Bible says there is no escape against judgement just because you CHOOSE to be ignorant, because that's really what it is. A choice.

edit on 27-5-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

All speculation with zero verifiable evidence to support the claims.
Lame, try again, I'm asking for verifiable evidence in this thread, not speculation, sorry.

EDIT
...and philosophical argument won't cut it with me either, still just speculation.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

People still write about Santa and the Easter bunny too. Some kids still BELIEVE them.

Doesn’t make them real.
edit on 2752018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

People still write about Santa and the Easter bunny too. Some kids still BELIEVE them.

Doesn’t make them real.

People are NOT writing books to tell you about their modern day experiences with Santa. Fail.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Doesn’t make them real.

People are NOT writing books to tell you about their modern day experiences with Santa. Fail.

I hate to tell you this, but they are.

Just google “Santa is real book” and you’ll see for yourself.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Doesn’t make them real.

"Modern day experiences", what, do people have them with gods? Sounds like a psychotic episode to me lol
EDIT
...but it ain't verifiable evidence though, just more personal claims.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

When it becomes the top selling book for over a century, let me know.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So popularity means it’s fact?

I guess Harry Potter is real as it topped the best selling book of 2016.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

PMSL I thought similar

The creationists are struggling today.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Except that there have been thousands of texts, manuscripts, and books written about it. In fact the Bible is still the best selling book over the last FIFTY years, but you're the one who thinks there is zero evidence! LOL!

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

??????????????
I'm sorry, you're claiming that a book of half-remembered myths written by a Bronze and Iron-Age Middle Eastern tribe is 'evidence'.
Erm, no. Try again.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So popularity means it’s fact?

I guess Harry Potter is real as it topped the best selling book of 2016.

2016? One year? That's the best you got?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

PMSL I thought similar

The creationists are struggling today.

Today?!

They’ve been struggling for a lot longer than that

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

??????????????
I'm sorry, you're claiming that a book of half-remembered myths written by a Bronze and Iron-Age Middle Eastern tribe is 'evidence'.
Erm, no. Try again.

As the author of this thread would say, your opinion is only speculation, so until you can prove that there is no God, you've got nothing but an opinion like everyone else.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Like I said, popularity doesn’t equal fact.

Your argument that it is, fails.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join