It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is why cops should not fear body cam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
A lot of times police take offense at the body cam for being intrusive, but body cams can work for the benefit of the cops.
Case no 1
‘I Fight For You Guys’: Republican Lawmaker Begs Police Not To Arrest Her For DUI 
deepstatenation.news...

“People tell me that you guys treat people of color like #, and I always stand up for you guys,” she said. “I stick up for you guys, and I say, you know what, they wouldn’t treat you like # if there wasn’t a reason

This part above cracked me up, now a state rep trying to exert power of her office in this case is illegal, lucky the body cam was there or else it could of been a your word against my word situation the cop had a good chance of losing this one.
Case no 2
Perhaps a bit more serious ,this could have landed the cop in jail.
Body cam video disproves Dallas area woman’s sexual assault accusation against police officer

This caused Shaun king a liberal , who publicized the story to eat crow, which is humbling, but at the same time honorable.

When the “victim” you fought for turns out to be the victimizer: Sherita Dixon-Cole and the painful consequences of a false report of sexual assault and police misconduct.

My open thoughts.t.co...
cw39.com...

The body cam, served to protect both cops and civilians when cops withhold footage for wks if not months it delays justice.

edit on 25-5-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

BTW pls click the links to view vids.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

There's been a bunch of these the last few weeks.
The woman in NC who accused the cop of sexual assault, the port authority lady in Jersey.

I agree, body cams protect everyone.
But I haven't heard of any PDs protesting body cams in a few years now. I think it was just initial resistance to something new when they first came out.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Lmfao, Women...

Typical.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

There's been a bunch of these the last few weeks.
The woman in NC who accused the cop of sexual assault, the port authority lady in Jersey.

I agree, body cams protect everyone.
But I haven't heard of any PDs protesting body cams in a few years now. I think it was just initial resistance to something new when they first came out.

True but sometimes , some do dick moves like mess with them or claimed they forgot to turn them on.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Why WOULD they fear a body cam at all, though?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Why WOULD they fear a body cam at all, though?

They shouldn't, but I think those who wanna play bad cop, would have their actions exposed and questioned.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
If I recall correctly, most LEOs do favor body cams... it's the unions and fraternities and such that oppose body cameras. I'm not sure why though. I know there are some legitimate concerns to work out with body cameras, such as privacy issues for both the officers and the people they come in contact with, but that shouldn't be the dealbreaker.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
All things considered, I do think body cams protect both sides. I think the bigger issue is just not getting the full context. While videos can be somewhat accurate, they don't necessarily tell the whole story especially if something is left out (this has been a big issue with civilian filmed footage not capturing what leads up to an event).

I think police may feel that body cams take away some flexibility and could be used against them by a bureaucrat. I also believe they don't want the dirty parts of the job to be seen. Sometimes you just may have to beat a criminal mofo's azz...

You see the same issues with embedded journalist/cameras in the military. War ain't pretty, but videos may not necessarily tell the whole story.

I do like how the videos have been exposing these race hucksters for what they are though...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

All for mandatory body cams.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

True, but the flip side, of beating a mofo criminal azz, is beating a regular civilian's azz because one felt disrespected somehow.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
as much as it irks people to kill a killer you need to be a killer .
that alone is the fallacy of a death sentience .
But the other side of the coin when the killer has killed your loved one then is any justice acutely Just short of death ?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Killer =/= murderer

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

In 1995, I wrote up a Grant to get Our PD body cams; software and showing how to operate the whole deal and it was ALL to be paid for by a computer company that wanted to get their name out and someone, somewhere (NOT at the PD) put the kibosh on the whole thing. One of the Lieutenants said they got word from Sacramento about "outside bidders" or some other bologna... So at least 1 Ca. PD would've had body cams going on 23 years now if someone didn't want to siphon some $$$

In retrospect, they probably didn't want to keep seeing 'people of color' popping up?

"I coulda been in pictures..."

top topics

join