It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Stresses "Desperate Need" For Summit "Whenever, However"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The "best" take I've read on Kim/NK in a long time.
Thank you.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I am pretty sure that the accident at their nuke research facility was a complete loss of the facility and they have no way to make any more nukes we know this and we sent current sec of state to inform them of this that's what got them to the table in first place for them to issue this statement tells me they have very little left to bargain with and are desparate for help because their economy is in toilet and they need to do whatever they can to make peace to get international help before their people get to much more pissed and host a coup.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You know what would really # with everyone . Trump refuses to see him.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

The world is so lucky. Imagine the collapse of a testing site ends up being the reason north and south korea unite .

Makes you wonder if someone didn't "help" it collapse. South korean spies maybe?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Breaking (currently): Reports coming out that the official North Korean news agency has released an official statement from the N. Korean government. It appears they really want a summit.

Thank God John Kerry isn't on this one (I say to myself).

You mean John F. Kerry. His desire to be called JFK is only matched by the size of his head.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: infolurker

Perhaps Trumps got a hand here? If his game was to break up the summit only to have NoKo left confused, threatened, and begging for another chance... we’ll then god damn, way to go Trump! Let’s hope this is his game and he continues to try and end this god damn war already.

Let’s not forget SoKo’s President Moon is doing all he can to broker peace as well.

Trump didn't break anything. It was the NoKo's who didn't show up to the preliminary talks and wouldn't answer calls. So Trump said to hell with you and now the NoKo's realized that the aren't dealing with Limp Wristed Barry Milquetoast and are now begging to get talks started again.

Yeah it's all Moon. Let's completely forget that it was MOON that said Trump deserved the Nobel for hos work on this issue.

Moon knows far more than some petulant little twits on the internet.

Through Q we knew of this months ago. Months.

Just like we knew about the outing of NXVIM.

edit on 27-5-2018 by Carcharadon because: Spelling

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Sunday, May 27, 2018

Wouldn't you know that CNN would find an "in house expert" to throw cold water on the potential results of the June 12th Summit between North Korea and the U.S..

Running a story that's good news for the U.S. and President Trump, without at least one paragraph to cast doubt, is beyond the ability of domestic terrorist CNN.

Dated 5/26/2018 @ 11:09pm: www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Sunday, May 27, 2018

Wouldn't you know that CNN would find an "in house expert" to throw cold water on the potential results of the June 12th Summit between North Korea and the U.S..

Running a story that's good news for the U.S. and President Trump, without at least one paragraph to cast doubt, is beyond the ability of domestic terrorist CNN.

Dated 5/26/2018 @ 11:09pm: www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
The world is so used to us being weak and pleased to have virtually any piece of paper with which to claim a Chamberlain-esque "Peace in our time" that an honest effort to actually secure our national interest without some sort of begging is presenting a paradigm shift for people everywhere. Even domestically people can't wrap their head around it.

Well said!

Love him or hate him, he is doing *exactly* what he says he'll do. Those that act surprised or outraged annoy the hell out of me. Maybe you could act surprised in the beginning of his presidency, but the evidence is overwhelming now.

I personally was not a supporter of Trump. I didn't dislike him - he was more of a curiosity in the early stage GOP primaries. But over time I came to have a respect for his ability to win where he needed to. And today I applaud his achievements.

Who cares if he isn't always statesman-like in his approach? Or that he sometimes embellishes his accomplishments. I personally don't mind as I believe that's just the way he is - the way he communicates. Maybe that's one of the reasons he's successful.

Someone else said it best:
"The American people take Trump seriously but not literally.
The media and the press take Trump literally but not seriously."

Sums it up perfectly.

edit on 5/27/2018 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Trump called north koreas bluff when they were trying to play hard to get.
2018, the year the most powerful man in the world used crappy dating advice to win a nobel peace prize...

What times we live in.

edit on 27-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: Spelling

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

My best guess would be all the Trump rhetoric I'm the build up to this meeting was a legitimate warning. From what I've gathered from other information sources, their plutonium wasn't amazing to begin with, and the "accident" at Ryanggang in 2005 certainly didn't help the situation. I believe, probably as his covert Chinese backers do, that he strongly suspects that the US government is not bluffing when it comes to a let's say "nuclear-esque" response. Trump appears to have been informed of some very specific capabilities that we have up our sleeve, and it appears he is willing to use them (or threaten to) to push Kim into a corner before another nation like China reaches parity with our capabilities. It's a lot like Teddy Roosevelt's "Big Stick", except for the stick is far, far more terrifying. It would surprise me in the least if the latest "accident" at their nuclear testing site isn't quite what it seems to be. Maybe a less than friendly warning like, "Hey, we told you to stop. Just in case you forgot about 2005, we sent you a reminder. Next time, maybe it will be you. You should come talk sometime...or else.".

I would also guess that Kim was counting on Chinese support to say "F U" to America", but the impending trade war put a stop to that. There's a solid reason why Trump is pi**ing in everyone's Cheerios and getting away with it, and I would wager it has nothing to do with nukes. I would look for similar accidents in Iran if they decide not to play ball sooner than later.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join