It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Stresses "Desperate Need" For Summit "Whenever, However"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Somethings happening in north Korea we don't know about if they're so desperate go negotiate.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Possible Coup ?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

So are you telling me that once again Trump uses a negotiation tactic Democrats are too stupid to understand and the left responds by playing with their own poop as a response?

This winning thing is almost getting embarrassing.

Except for all the years I was suddenly a racist bigoted xenophobic homophobic horrible person.

I may let the winning thing ride on a little more before I actually start getting embarrassed about how easy it seems.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

If what Trump is doing is so foreign to mainstream politicians, then what in the purple #### are the mainstream politicians actually DOING???

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
www-m.cnn.com...

Looks like its true.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

This.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If what Trump is doing is so foreign to mainstream politicians, then what in the purple #### are the mainstream politicians actually DOING???

Making themselves more powerful, making more money, making themselves more powerful, making more money....

As far as the people they "represent", not so much really.

OK, let's be honest... nothing.

edit on 24-5-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

And now the gloaters get gloated. Most of us saw this coming a mile away.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That didn't take long...

I expected Kim would back down, but I had the timing wrong. I expected this to happen maybe Monday. The speed of Kim's backstroke tells me that Kim may be facing a growing rebellion behind the curtains. This may be his way to gain status and bring back some economic activity that he can use to placate his people.

Either that, or he is legitimately afraid of Trump. Trump did make good optics of the Syrian attack while having dinner with Xi.

I will make one prediction: nobody here will have any idea what Trump has in mind.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I will make one prediction: nobody here will have any idea what Trump has in mind.

Amen......you got that right brother.

Still, everything you stated above....100% spot on.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Japan is a major player, Abe wants to know where the other Japanese are that have been Kidnapped some 30 or 40 years ago.
All behind the scenes is what is really taking place.

By the way, the only reason them missiles were fired into Japan waters were for further negotiations. American forces and Japanese forces could have shot them down easily but there was advance notice.

I said a few months ago, all these missile test were actually to get rid of the missiles and then negotiations will happen.
Guess what, that is what exactly happened.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Looks like they lobbed a soft ball back into Trump's court.

Trump will make demands prior to agreeing to that 'meeting'. That puts NK in the awkward position or having to meet those agreements or face international backlash at an even higher level than previously.

Then NK will be between a rock and a hard place....by Trump...

Trump's adversaries will be chugging Imodium AD from here on out......

That's what happens when a softball is lobbed in your court. (Courtship)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
i believe that NoKo is all out of options and the people Kim has around him are likely planning a hostile take over so they and everyone else dont have to face a shooting war or starving to death.

maybe we demonstrated our means to destroy them with essentially the push of a button, and Kim knows Trump will push it.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
This cant be possible, just this morning the leftists were telling me Trump was an idiot and WW3 was imminent.

Do they ever get tired of being wrong?

Clearly not.
They also never get tired of cheering on MS13, North Korea, Iran, illegal aliens, calls for violence - as long as it's anti-Trump they will cheer.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Trump trump trump!

What make you guys so sure that Kim is the level headed, experienced dimplomat and deal maker?

I havnt seen anything from Kim to give people the impression he knows how to make deals and diplomatic friends? Starving people and the only bargaining chip he has is nukes.

Quite the opposite, trump made millions and is apparently a great diplomat because Kim is grovelling to reestablish the meeting.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Perhaps Trumps got a hand here? If his game was to break up the summit only to have NoKo left confused, threatened, and begging for another chance... we’ll then god damn, way to go Trump! Let’s hope this is his game and he continues to try and end this god damn war already.

Let’s not forget SoKo’s President Moon is doing all he can to broker peace as well.

Agreed.Trump sure plays a high-stakes game.I am praying for peace at the end.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Kicking all the cans down the road, and collecting fat paychecks left, right, and center doing what Stormy Daniels does in her videos, for special interests.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

If I had to guess at what's spinning around in Kim's head, I'd say look at how he was brought up.

Kim Jong Un is third-generation ruler in a dynasty known worldwide for its oppressive and narcissistic policies. The Kims rule with an iron hand, and that has been very successful for them. Their subjects are told what to say, think, or do under penalty of death. I think it's difficult for us in the West to fully grasp what life must be like in North Korea.

Their control extends so deeply into North Korean society that they are essentially deified as gods in human form. Attack Kim Jong Un, and it is like attacking Jesus during the Spanish Inquisition. That is absolute power, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Kim Jong Un is not a god, though. He is human, and has the same frailties as any other human. He wants to be... no, he feels that as a god he deserves to be... treated with the same respect worldwide as Trump, Xi, Putin, etc. His nuclear ambitions are in order to give him the power he thinks he lacks on the world stage. Unfortunately, it is not a lack of nukes that denies him respect, but his familial tyranny over his citizenry. He will not give that up easily, and the danger comes when his belief that nukes equal respect fails. He will likely use them in order to force other nations to respect his godhood.

His fantasy has been nurtured by world leaders for years. He and his father were treated gingerly, reverently even. Now Kim expects that type of treatment, and Trump is not giving it.

Kim Jong Un is bewildered, scared, excited, all at once. Bewildered by this upstart President who seems not to comprehend his godhood, scared that this President has shown such a cavalier attitude toward attacking others, and excited that he has an opportunity to demonstrate to the world that he is on a par with the mighty USA because he can sit facing Trump. He desperately wants this meeting, but he wants to go into it as the one in power. He demands respect as any good god should, and how dare these heretics challenge him by thinking they can demand from him?

On the other hand, I think Xi wants this to work out... North Korea is a pain in their side... and Kim knows better than to openly anger the only true superpower that has his back. Xi's primary concern is over Western intrusion into Asian culture (which is a reasonable concern), and sees a unified Korea as a hedge against such. Kim sees a unified Korea as verification of his greatness. There is the key: a unified Korea under the protection of China in exchange for de-nuclearization of the peninsula.

I think Trump knows this. He's just not tipping his hand. Kim cannot give up his godhood to other, inferior, mortal rulers. Xi will not accept Western contamination. Moon will not accept tyranny for his people. It'll be a tightrope walking through this meeting (which I believe will happen), but we have our best negotiator on the front line.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
So how's CNN spinning this today?

Curious.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Youre right I think, so many starving, now the generals and their families are seeing empty cabinets and murmurs in dark corners

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join