It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Stresses "Desperate Need" For Summit "Whenever, However"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Perhaps Trumps got a hand here? If his game was to break up the summit only to have NoKo left confused, threatened, and begging for another chance... we’ll then god damn, way to go Trump! Let’s hope this is his game and he continues to try and end this god damn war already.

Let’s not forget SoKo’s President Moon is doing all he can to broker peace as well.
edit on 24-5-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
This cant be possible, just this morning the leftists were telling me Trump was an idiot and WW3 was imminent.

Do they ever get tired of being wrong?

No.

That was easy.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Raggedyman

I didn't mention a party
No you said the left just got trolled

You turned a subject about North Korea and a possible peace treaty into an I hate the left and they are stupid personal attack
Just stop it, stop dragging everything down to that level

Reread what you wrote, what you are starting over and over again

Just curious, did you see all the usual suspects posting Trump fail threads based on him saying the meeting was off? Just curious. I'm sure they only had the most pure intentions that had nothing to do with partisan politics right?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: Raggedyman

I didn't mention a party
No you said the left just got trolled

You turned a subject about North Korea and a possible peace treaty into an I hate the left and they are stupid personal attack
Just stop it, stop dragging everything down to that level

Reread what you wrote, what you are starting over and over again

Just curious, did you see all the usual suspects posting Trump fail threads based on him saying the meeting was off? Just curious. I'm sure they only had the most pure intentions that had nothing to do with partisan politics right?

If the USA got nuked tomorrow, those who survived that had their logical sanity before, would most likely be the ones who would have to put those to rest who were shrunk up in corners laughing gleefully that they knew Trump wouldn't let them down...........

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

did the left just get trolled again?

it's so easy!!!

play them like a fiddle.... they lose more credibility everyday

China has been driving the car for a long time.

It was no doubt a a non agreement between Trump and Xi that poisoned the well.

Now, what of this latest signal from NK is them trying to grab the wheel from China? No doubt Trump's team has explained the massive growth NK would see if they became normal.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

This could be good news if it's true, but we need to be careful until we have a proper source on it. Zero Hedge is not exactly clean reporting and they are about in the same category of pseudo-journalism as us here at ATS. It would be the same as them quoting an article from here as the only source.

It also sounds a bit fishy considering it was NK that failed to make the pre-summit preparations, without communication, as Pompeo told us. Our US officials traveled to Singapore for the meeting but NK allegedly didn't show up.

“They stood us up,” the official said at a briefing for reporters conducted on condition of anonymity.

Zero Hedge

Here is a Business Insider link on it. Also not a great source but slightly better than Zero Hedge.

It will be nice to get to the bottom of it and see who is telling us the truth and who is not. Right now, I wouldn't trust any side on it. There are some links in that ZH article but no links to the statement from Gwan that they are reporting on. It would be nice to see that statement.

The last person I would trust is Kim Jong Un, he's playing games.

edit on 24-5-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Epic trolling for the WIN!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
And it just goes to show how we are being played like a fiddle by the MSM.

Even her in Australia, the MFM (Main Fake Media) are spouting that the deal is dead.

I love this site

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

This is very similar to the Chinese trade situation. Both sides want a deal. But one side needs a deal more than the other in each case. And it isn't the US.

It's a given that the Norks are going to get billions out a denuclearization/disarmament deal. How long can the US survive the status quo? Forever. How long can North Korea continue under severe sanctions? Probably not nearly as long. The billions in potential aid make a nice carrot to the stick.
Someone above said Bolton is the "bad cop". And it's true. His presence makes for more uncertainty. Trump himself has introduced a lot of uncertainty.
The media has ironically actually helped in this regard by calling him "unhinged", "unstable", "dangerous", etc. It increases the fear factor. And fear of loss is a terrible thing to bring with you to the negotiating table. It adds to the perceived need for a deal.
So Trump executes a walk away when Kim seems to forget himself, and now Kim tries to save face and come back to the table.

It's the same game as with China. The Chinese economy would collapse without the American market. They are literally already overcapacity (they have more factories and workers making more things than there are buyers for). The US market is a huge percentage if their GDP. US exports to China are comparatively small. Even in ag, for example, the US imports more pork than it exports to China.
So taken to its fullest conclusion (trade embargoes), a trade war would severe cripple the US market for a few years until markets realigned, but for the Chinese economy would literally collapse. The US has all the leverage. We have just never used it.

The US has gone decades happy to just have a deal. Any deal was puboicized as a "victory" domestically. Even bad deals. We don't seem to be doing that anymore. No deal is better than bad deals again.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I would kindly ask you not to report fake news please.

According to the leftists, Trump bungled this and we are preparing for a nuclear war around seven-ish tomorrow morning because Trump is a fool along with all the other idiots who voted for him.

He ruined everything and it is all his fault.

All of it.

Amen.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Treason in the morning, Irony before bed.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Since #Impeach45 (for Trump) is so trendy, then maybe a hashtag for Pelosi's age would be appropriate.

#Impeach145

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Nancy said “Kim won, he’s having a giggle fest “.

Nobody’s giggled in the PRNK in 60 years.

They eat tree bark by candlelight.

Trump is five moves in ahead of Nancy.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Let Kimmy sweat, until he BEGS.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What would a shamed man bring to the table but his shame?

You're missing the whole premise of the title of your thread. Kim needs to feel like he won although on terms that is favorable to those sitting across.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Looks like they lobbed a soft ball back into Trump's court.

Trump will make demands prior to agreeing to that 'meeting'. That puts NK in the awkward position or having to meet those agreements or face international backlash at an even higher level than previously.

Then NK will be between a rock and a hard place....by Trump...

Trump's adversaries will be chugging Imodium AD from here on out......
edit on 24-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

it's so easy!!!

Now, what of this latest signal from NK is them trying to grab the wheel from China? No doubt Trump's team has explained the massive growth NK would see if they became normal.

Actually, no Trump is. How do I know that, China backed down like a b*tch in trade negotiations.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

This Just In from the Sheit You Not Newsroom .........................The Central Bank of North Korea just informed their Fearless Leader that they are Down to their Last 20 Bucks American , and it's Pay Day for the NKA Tomorrow..

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
My sources in North Korea say that the new North Korean negotiator is named, Ho Ree Chit.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: Tempter

it's so easy!!!

Actually, no Trump is. How do I know that, China backed down like a b*tch in trade negotiations.

"Speak softly but carry a big stick". Trump changes the rules. Now it reads "Speak softly with the big stick unless it doesn't work. Then speak 'ugly' before using that big stick.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join