It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Stresses "Desperate Need" For Summit "Whenever, However"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Breaking (currently): Reports coming out that the official North Korean news agency has released an official statement from the N. Korean government. It appears they really want a summit.

Thank God John Kerry isn't on this one (I say to myself).

www.zerohedge.com...

In a statement issued by state-run Korean Central News Agency, citing Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan, North Korea announced it was willing to sit with the U.S. "whenever, however" through any method to try to resolve the outstanding issues.

Gwan said that whereas President Trump’s announcement to one-sidedly cancel the planned summit is unexpected and very regrettable, "North Korea's goal and will to do everything for peace and stability of the Korean peninsula and mankind remains unchanged, and we are always willing to give time and opportunity to the US side with a big and open mind,” according to the statement. He added that "We express our intent that there is a willingness to sit at any time, in any way to resolve issues" and noted that President Trump's decision to cancel the summit is "not what the world wants" and the summit is necessary to resolve the current hostile bilateral relationship.

Furthermore, North Korea appears to be backtracking on the recent diplomatic escalation and has effectively apologized, stating that "its previous remarks regarding the U.S.-North Korea summit had been in protest against strong US remarks towards North."

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Looks like they lobbed a soft ball back into Trump's court.

+14 more 
posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
did the left just get trolled again?

it's so easy!!!

play them like a fiddle.... they lose more credibility everyday

+15 more 
posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This has to be fake news.

All over the TV and interwebs it is stated that Trump failed. The deal is dead. Trump failed. harharhar yadda yadda yadda.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
did the left just get trolled again?

it's so easy!!!

play them like a fiddle.... they lose more credibility everyday

How pathetic
You turn this into party politics
You use this information to cause divisiveness
People blame the media for the Trump hate, it's the petty little sniping that continues it

Anyway, what great news, SK must be on their knees financially, not sure
I wonder what has happened to make LilKim so desperate

Why the sudden change

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
We need to make Peace.

We are so lucky to be alive right now, all civilized peoples everywhere want to build a good life and take care of their families.

We have such a great opportunity to find happiness but we need Peace for that.

Please let's have the summit asap. Let's all get along for once dammit!!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I didn't mention a party

+15 more 
posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This cant be possible, just this morning the leftists were telling me Trump was an idiot and WW3 was imminent.

Do they ever get tired of being wrong?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I didn't mention a party
No you said the left just got trolled

You turned a subject about North Korea and a possible peace treaty into an I hate the left and they are stupid personal attack
Just stop it, stop dragging everything down to that level

Reread what you wrote, what you are starting over and over again

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
looks like they're running out of money

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Don't know how accurate the link is, but we need to tone ours and their rhetoric so as to still maintain plausible championship on both sides. Humiliation will produce Nothing, and we must guard against it. Both sides. If this is true, I am pleased to see it. Let us hope.

link   

I like watching the left step on it's own after it's ruined all my forms of entertainment, they deserve it

otherwise I normally wouldn't enter that arena

link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I didn't mention a party
No you said the left just got trolled

You turned a subject about North Korea and a possible peace treaty into an I hate the left and they are stupid personal attack
Just stop it, stop dragging everything down to that level

Reread what you wrote, what you are starting over and over again
Well if the shoe fits buddy...
BOOM
😊

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

One of Trumps strong points along with negotiating.

Not a fan of the patronization but it is needed but not to be overly done.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Big sale of kneepads in NK now.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I disagree actually, I coulda had NK and Iran at the table in a day. The same day.

So I see all of this as dragging the feet around and hesitation.

These people have nothing better to do today or tomorrow than get this treaty signed.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The world is so used to us being weak and pleased to have virtually any piece of paper with which to claim a Chamberlain-esque "Peace in our time" that an honest effort to actually secure our national interest without some sort of begging is presenting a paradigm shift for people everywhere. Even domestically people can't wrap their head around it.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is interesting, if true. Kimmy whimpering? Crawling is his best look so far. What a horrid little man.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Heya Muzzle!

I'm sure you could have. However that's not the only thing involved in a negotiation. Even the minor details on which brings the leaders to the table play into the end result of the negotiation. I'm sure you've heard of the term "coming from the position of strength." That's what this is.

NK looked weak, so before going in they said some things and got it in the media. It's everywhere and now the ball is back in our court. So we hesitate and deny going. NK back off...a little. Now we'll see where we go.

Is it silly? Yes. Stupid? To a point.

Also, I can't help the voice in the back of my head scream that if these countries decide to fight in wars, it's not them leading the charge. So as long as the weapons are on safe and the missiles reside in their silos, they can bicker as long as they need.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

playing to Trump's ego. Nice move Kim.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join