It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Of The Deal For Dummies - North Korea Edition.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: fencesitter85

Peace is the real prize.

Peace is easy. Just give Kim everything he wants.

Yeah thats how you deal with the human rights violations, and extreme conditions his populace has been forced to live in.

Either that or watch hundreds of thousands more die cause of bitter resentment of the past.

I say for the sake of the hungry we should let the grudge go and focus on bettering the peoples of nk.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: fencesitter85

Peace is the real prize.

Peace is easy. Just give Kim everything he wants.

Yeah thats how you deal with the human rights violations, and extreme conditions his populace has been forced to live in.

Either that or watch hundreds of thousands more die cause of bitter resentment of the past.

I say for the sake of the hungry we should let the grudge go and focus on bettering the peoples of nk.

This isn't the past, this is the present.

This isn't a grudge, this is a mentally unstable boy-dictator that is Nuclear capable.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

The "Nuclear capable" part is what Trump is working on preventing.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
There is no deal here accomplished.

Just blundering diplomacy.

No matter what happens more progress than I've seen in my 52 years. Wait and see patience is a virtue

Maybe you haven't been paying attention?

1992:
the Agreement on Reconciliation, Nonaggression and Exchanges and Cooperation between the South and the North

the Joint Declaration of the Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
peacemaker.un.org...

At the historic 2000 summit, there was the South-North Joint Declaration, after which President Kim Dae-jung of South Korea famously declared: “There is no longer going to be any war. The North will no longer attempt unification by force, and at the same time we will not do any harm to the North.”
peacemaker.un.org...

The Eight Point Agreement

signed by Kim Jong-il and President Roh Moo-hyun. “The South and the North both recognize the need to end the current armistice regime and build a permanent peace regime,”

peacemaker.un.org...

All of these and other agreements were near immediately proved worthless. North Korea proved outright deceitful in each of them.

The ONLY thing that matters in negotiation is OPEN AND FREE JOINT INSPECTIONS.

1) Pull back troops from DMZ
2) Denuclearization
3) Human Rights Violations

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The "Nuclear capable" part is what Trump is working on preventing.

They are already "Nuclear Capable" albeit their precision is more Musket quality and reliability. They are capable of launching a nuke though.

If he can get an agreement to de-nuclearize and full, open, joint inspections, aka we choose where to look vs. Kim putting on a show and the inspections are proven out, then Trump will deserve full and absolute credit for one of the most elusive peace deals on the globe.

I see no evidence he is even ASKING for anything close to what NK has actually agreed to in the past and never delivered, let alone Joint Inspections determined by the US or UN.

The fear here is that Trump will give NK a massive economic win, relieving sanctions and offering US Cash, while getting nothing real in return. This fear is based on Trump being near exclusively concerned with "appearances" and personal political/PR wins vs. real gains. Kim seems very aware of how to bait Trump based on his desperation for public praise.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Dr UAE

Conspiratorially, I sincerely think Trump was undermined here by Bolton

Me too.

He consistently contradicted Trump who I believe was on the right side of this.

Bolton is a Bush lackey and globalist Neoconservative.

Who Trump hired. Trump hired him. Trump used the incredible hiring insight he has exhibited since the beginning of his term to hire another swamp-soaked douche. And then Giuliani. You can't make this stuff up.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
MSM talking heads and washed-up foreign policy experts are colliding with each other, due to being so narrow-minded, among other deficiencies.

MSM: "Trump is doing this too quickly. Kim Jong will TRAP him!"

MSM: "Trump has been taking too long with this. Kim Jong has been formulating a TRAP!

Former Officials: Trump should plan for months ahead of June 12th. We planned for many months before our NK meetings!
(Says the "Experts" who FAILED!)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

In my opinion your analysis of Trump is way off the mark, as evidenced by the fact Trump cancelled the meeting with very little provocation and mde nk come crawling back. Trump's actual actions thus far demonstrate he is concerned with actual outcomes.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The fear here is that Trump will give NK a massive economic win, relieving sanctions and offering US Cash, while getting nothing real in return. This fear is based on

The last 25 years of US policy?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Its a bully tactic that will likely work on NK....but not on other nations.

I have to give him credit on this.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Friday, June 8, 2018

CNN: Mr. President, some are concerned that you haven't prepared enough for this NK Summit.

Trump: Hillary prepared for years to be President, and for a week before each of our debates. Look what happened to her!

That same wit and sharpness will serve President Trump well in front of Kim Jong next week.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Here's the "Art" of Hillary's "Deal" .....

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

HAHA.. Beautiful witty meme!

<< 4  5  6   >>

join