It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House is still offering Trump-Kim summit coins for a new low, low price

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

SG, I'm gonna go on a little rant here, a bit negative, but please know that I mean well. I'm saying all this because I want us all to get along better.

I've been in a weird mood today; I just want people to start getting along a bit better, and the way everyone is to each other here brings me down, it puts me in a foul mood. We are all mean to each other and we belittle each other and make fun of everyone.

While I completely understand the joke in the OP -- today, for the reasons above, I find it frustrating -- it bugs me. As bad as many believe Trump is, myself included, he is also just a man. And he wants to be liked and he wants to be accepted. Could he have been a bit impulsive with this meeting? Maybe he didn't listen to advice? But he did it because he really wanted to help. With everyone against him all the time, he truly wanted to do something right and have people accept him and like him -- even for a week. And it failed. But not because he didn't want to help but because Kim is a trickster and he'll do it again, if given an opportunity.

All this, however, is not something to celebrate or make fun of. If we didn't act like the media does, he may not have acted as impulsively, who knows? Everything is connected in some way.

Just like our responses to each other here are connected -- and when one makes fun of Trump, or his coin, someone else will take offense and in turn create a thread that is mean or offensive about someone else or something else, and so on and so on. We're getting nowhere.

I have done this too and my words have pissed people off, I'm sure, but I really want us all to get along better, so I've been thinking about it a lot. I hope you take this well, and I don't mean for it to sound like I'm preaching but I just don't know how else to put this into words.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

So Trump wins again..

He got them to destroy their facility then release 3 Americans then told them to go eff themselves.

Gotta love that guy..

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I'm still trying to make up mind on that six-pack of 'Billy Beer.'
Sell it or drink it?

Trade it to Iran for hostages..

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Funny thing is that the White house gift shop site is down because the server is too busy.

I'm having that problem right now. I'm very tempted to buy one but the site won't load.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So are you happy the talks fell through? It seems like we shouldn’t be celebrating this, but yet here you are because Trump.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

'd be embarrassed to post such a childish thread to a public forum to be honest. This is the same kinda "naanaa naanaa booo booo" crap I expect from children...not adults...

Just because people never really believed in Trump’s sincerity—because of his own track record in raising false hopes-- you can’t blame them, blame Trump who has lied about so many things he can’t be trusted to being sincere.

Remember the rap about the dreamers before the big shots of congress about they should just do a deal and he’d sign it, and he would take the political heat. Well they got a deal and guess what-- he didn’t sign it.

He is just not sincere or trustworthy to even take seriously about much of anything save his own aggrandizement

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

edit on 5/24/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Just because they were supposed to have a summit, which is always a good idea, doesn’t mean they would be successful.

The same people heralding Trump’s possibilities also denounce Obama's deal with Iran.

Trump now knows it’s not that easy to make a deal with well-entrenched foreign powers.

He thought it was easy, now he is learning it’s not like making a deal on real estate.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

it makes me smile. Trump may not be a lot of things, but one thing he actually does well, is negotiate.
I doubt the OP or others will be singing Trump's praises should this turn out well in the end. You know, what with the incredible lack of integrity and all.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

to date, I have just hoped for this to work, as I think peace with NK is a better option than the alternative. It does baffle me that Americans would wish for Trump's failure on this, but that's the mindset that exists.

I don't think this is over, and I base that on nothing more than my continued hope for good things for my country, and the world.

Kim wants something, and he hasn't gotten it yet. He is playing a game, just as Trump is. This is the one thing Trump claims to be really good at and has a track record to somewhat back that up. He has made more than me, so I'll have to trust his judgement on this.

But I cannot stress enough, how frustratingly sad it is to battle against other people from my own country who wish for complete failure just because they don't like Trump. It's like they aren't smart enough to understand that once he leaves, everything else will still be here. Perplexing.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It’s some of the Trump followers who are always talking about this Trump wins again nonsense. It is they who are trivializing this serious matter of war and peace.

It is they who were hoping for a NOBEL peace prize and not really interested in a peace treaty.

They’re the ones always railing about nuking Kim and all this lunacy.

Trump is the one who inflamed the bellicose rhetoric

It’s Trump who seems more interested in the glory he can get from a peace treaty, rather than the peace itself

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Thank you for reminding me.

I'm buying 3!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Oh yes it's working out real well right now as with everything else. Would you buy yourself a trophy for coming first in a running contest before competing in it? I mean look, maybe if you were Usain Bolt but seriously, for 99.99% of us.

Would you make a post that the president failed with NK before they have hardly started?

I guess you would...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

They will be collectors items either way.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

to date, I have just hoped for this to work, as I think peace with NK is a better option than the alternative. It does baffle me that Americans would wish for Trump's failure on this, but that's the mindset that exists.

I don't think this is over, and I base that on nothing more than my continued hope for good things for my country, and the world.

Kim wants something, and he hasn't gotten it yet. He is playing a game, just as Trump is. This is the one thing Trump claims to be really good at and has a track record to somewhat back that up. He has made more than me, so I'll have to trust his judgement on this.

But I cannot stress enough, how frustratingly sad it is to battle against other people from my own country who wish for complete failure just because they don't like Trump. It's like they aren't smart enough to understand that once he leaves, everything else will still be here. Perplexing.

Agreed. And we may not agree on everything but we can be nice to each other. It's gotta start somewhere. For me it's starting today.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I like that. I'll try it and see how long it takes for that blood vessel to rupture.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Truth is, it's not over until it's over. It could happen yet.

During the campaign Trump was asked if he would talk to the nut and he said "sure, I'll talk to anybody", and I sort of admired him for that. It made sense to me at the time.

So those coins could make a comeback (but have you seen the things? Whew! Ugly! Maybe in the future they will make a re-do with another artist). But I wouldn't discount a meeting just yet.

Just sayin'.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Well if you want to pretend Trump still brought about Korean peace, they still have those coins! 20% off!

The planned summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is 100 percent off, but the commemorative coin minted for the occasion is now 20 percent off at the White House's online gift shop — if you act now.

On Thursday, Trump pulled out of the summit between the U.S. and North Korea that was scheduled for June 12 in Singapore, telling Kim in a letter that “it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting” due to increasing tensions. But you can still buy a commemorative “trip coin” for the trip that never happened, at the White House gift shop, now marked down.

news.vice.com...

To any Trump supporters I'd recommend to hold off buying them for another while as the price is bound to drop further. Who knows, it may get to the point where the Whitehouse will end up giving them out for free!

Trump called off the Peace talks with North Korea.... you know because in reality the North Koreans had set a number of pre-conditions as far back as February that the Whitehouse should have been well aware it would not meet. I think somebody jumped the gun here with these coins. Wouldn't proper procedure dictate that you wait until something has happened before you go about making souviners? Was tax payer money spent of these? You know, don't bother answering I think I know the answer.

Want to know what's REALLY funny....

This little tidbit your OP left out....

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Any of you lefties want to call back anything you posted previously?? Kim and North Korea are asking to come back to the table and it hasn't even been 24 hours.

I'll take a 100 coins please and a little crow for my lefty friends...

Lil Kim wants talks to occur

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Pretty sure this made my night!

The libs will hopefully get BTFO once again

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join