It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House is still offering Trump-Kim summit coins for a new low, low price

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well if you want to pretend Trump still brought about Korean peace, they still have those coins! 20% off!

The planned summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is 100 percent off, but the commemorative coin minted for the occasion is now 20 percent off at the White House's online gift shop — if you act now.

On Thursday, Trump pulled out of the summit between the U.S. and North Korea that was scheduled for June 12 in Singapore, telling Kim in a letter that “it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting” due to increasing tensions. But you can still buy a commemorative “trip coin” for the trip that never happened, at the White House gift shop, now marked down.

news.vice.com...

To any Trump supporters I'd recommend to hold off buying them for another while as the price is bound to drop further. Who knows, it may get to the point where the Whitehouse will end up giving them out for free!

Trump called off the Peace talks with North Korea.... you know because in reality the North Koreans had set a number of pre-conditions as far back as February that the Whitehouse should have been well aware it would not meet. I think somebody jumped the gun here with these coins. Wouldn't proper procedure dictate that you wait until something has happened before you go about making souviners? Was tax payer money spent of these? You know, don't bother answering I think I know the answer.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Those coins will be collectors items depending on how it all works out.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Imagine many years from now how a coin from a summit that never took place could quite the collectors item!
How many times have you heard stories similar to this about valuable stuff?

I would definitely buy one with my great great grandchildren in mind!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Those coins will be collectors items depending on how it all works out.

Oh yes it's working out real well right now as with everything else. Would you buy yourself a trophy for coming first in a running contest before competing in it? I mean look, maybe if you were Usain Bolt but seriously, for 99.99% of us.

By the way, there have been prior talks and attempts at peace deals in the past with North Korea. This isn't the first time they played this game and it won't be the last.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The crack down the middle is quite a bit of foreshadowing.

Maybe I was wrong about 4D chess player Trump.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
#Winning!

I hope some around here are embarrassed by the outcome. But, they won't. Because, cult.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I would like a thousand of the coins, they would make great poker chips for my neighborhood game.

I'll bet you two little fat guys and rise you and orange head.
edit on 24-5-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
#Winning!

I hope some around here are embarrassed by the outcome. But, they won't. Because, cult.

The right is winning, the left is whining

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Jefferton
#Winning!

The right is winning, the left is whining

Not currently.

Unless they've changed the definition of winning. Which isn't out of the realm of possibility for Trump.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm still trying to make up mind on that six-pack of 'Billy Beer.'
Sell it or drink it?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Be like Billy and rent it, and "return it" to the white house rose garden

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Well if you want to pretend Trump still brought about Korean peace, they still have those coins! 20% off!

The planned summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is 100 percent off, but the commemorative coin minted for the occasion is now 20 percent off at the White House's online gift shop — if you act now.

On Thursday, Trump pulled out of the summit between the U.S. and North Korea that was scheduled for June 12 in Singapore, telling Kim in a letter that “it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting” due to increasing tensions. But you can still buy a commemorative “trip coin” for the trip that never happened, at the White House gift shop, now marked down.

news.vice.com...

To any Trump supporters I'd recommend to hold off buying them for another while as the price is bound to drop further. Who knows, it may get to the point where the Whitehouse will end up giving them out for free!

Trump called off the Peace talks with North Korea.... you know because in reality the North Koreans had set a number of pre-conditions as far back as February that the Whitehouse should have been well aware it would not meet. I think somebody jumped the gun here with these coins. Wouldn't proper procedure dictate that you wait until something has happened before you go about making souviners? Was tax payer money spent of these? You know, don't bother answering I think I know the answer.

This is called, "The art of the deal", had they bothered to actually read the book (I did and it changed my professional life many fold) they would know what he is doing and why.

What Kimmy Poo doesn't get is, Trump already knows what the hole cards are, knows what he will finally agree to, and he is playing the tune like he's the conductor.

One card that Kimmy Poo may not see, and won't for maybe a couple of years to come, is what's going to happen when his people start getting some freedoms, which if I know Trumps style, this is one of the cards in his deck. We don't have to bomb him into the ground, his people will end up doing it for us.

A quote from War of the Worlds fits here, because KP has not thought through the entire chess game yet. Trump has....

"The Martians had no resistance to the bacteria in our atmosphere to which we have long since become immune. Once they had breathed our air, germs, which no longer affect us, began to kill them. The end came swiftly. All over the world, their machines began to stop and fall. After all that men could do had failed, the Martians were destroyed and humanity was saved by the littlest things, which God, in His wisdom, had put upon this Earth."

Freedom, is a smell that is so sweet to those who are oppressed.

Fred..

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Ah great move. Now he's going to bankrupt the WH gift shop!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

grab em up they're gonna be collectors items.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

This is called, "The art of the deal", had they bothered to actually read the book (I did and it changed my professional life many fold) they would know what he is doing and why.

You know it was ghostwritten right?

One card that Kimmy Poo may not see, and won't for maybe a couple of years to come, is what's going to happen when his people start getting some freedoms, which if I know Trumps style, this is one of the cards in his deck. We don't have to bomb him into the ground, his people will end up doing it for us.

Not exactly a master plan. It's basically what most people cite as the answer to any repressive regime. (If they just taste the sweet nectar of freedom, they'll rise up!) In practice? Mixed results.

Also, what in your estimation is Trump doing to promote "Kimmy Poo's people" "getting some freedoms?"

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I see it making an awesome gag gift, like the talking wall fish.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I'd be embarrassed to post such a childish thread to a public forum to be honest. This is the same kinda "naanaa naanaa booo booo" crap I expect from children...not adults...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Jefferton

I'd be embarrassed to post such a childish thread to a public forum to be honest. This is the same kinda "naanaa naanaa booo booo" crap I expect from children...not adults...

Sort of like the 5th grade name calling that was a daily occurrence by right wing folks for the last 2 years?

edit on 5242018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Is that like your..."but he did it first" post?

Nuh uh...he did it first mommy...

Yep 5th grade...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Funny thing is that the White house gift shop site is down because the server is too busy. Maybe it was a ploy all along to get free advertising to get people in the gift shop.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join