It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read this, then use a sledgehammer on your Amazon Alexa

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

I don't use the wifi at work, it's slow. I am on my cell data.

At home, no one is on my network but me. I know this, my router logs all connections and connection attempts.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: underwerks

That’s insane. My cell phone may record everything all the time, but at least it doesn’t send it to people. 

That I know anyway. 

How can you be sure of that?

He knows what he knows.

Explanation: He included the disclaimer "that i know of" therefore your question reads as "how can you be sure of what you know?" rather than "how can you be sure your phone doesn't send anything?" as you probably intended. He or she already admitted they are not sure. Then you asked how they could be sure of that? "That" being the disclaimer that the information shared is only as accurate to the extent that it is the totallity of this one single persons knowledge on the subject.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

good point with the non removable batteries on all phones now

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
What I want to know is how it accessed the Contacts list?

I mean, I can see accessing the Contacts on my phone....but ....Alexa??
How???

When you sign up for Alexa Calling and Messaging from the Alexa app, all of the contacts saved to your mobile phone are linked to Alexa automatically. Alexa uses this information to find people or numbers to contact through your compatible Echo devices and the Alexa app. Note: If you've previously used Alexa Calling and Messaging on an Echo device or the Alexa app, your mobile phone contacts are imported automatically for Alexa Calling and Messaging on any supported Fire, Android, or iOS tablet.

www.amazon.com...

I see Alexa as a Early Step of Proteus IV a ( BIO Computer ) ( Dean Kootz ( Demon Seed ) or Colossus ( the Forbin Project )

just Imagine if Amazon Uses RNA Cells on the Server, as a Self Thinking Self Aware network system ..
as was Shown in 1977 Movie/Book Demon Seed, The Reality is We have the Technology of Real BIO Computers Now .
just a Matter of Time they will be Used in Servers ,

a Little Info of How Proteus IV Operates and what it made of

a Clip from the Movie Mind you its 1977 a WOW!!
Demon Seed -- (Movie Clip) Proteus 4
www.tcm.com...

The Reality is We have the Technology of Real BIO Computers Now .
just a Matter of Time they will be Used in Servers ,

How MIT’s new biological ‘computer’ works, and what it could do in the future
By Graham Templeton on July 25, 2016 at 7:49 am
www.extremetech.com...

What It Will Take for Computers to Be Conscious
The world’s best-known consciousness researcher says machines could one day become self-aware.
www.technologyreview.com...

A Robot Has Just Passed a Classic Self-Awareness Test For The First Time
It thinks, therefore it is.
www.sciencealert.com...
Quite Ironic the OP Avatar is K.I.T.T a Self Aware AI Computer in a CAR

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
...And people still look at me like I'm weird when they see me on my non-internet
flip phone...

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
it may record but it does not send anything unless you tell it.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
How do YOU know Guy said this?! Are you part of this too?

You know we can see you through your TV too, right?

I know, that's why I do that thing..

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Exactly!!!!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I laugh at all the knuckleheads who bought one of these in house spy devices and thought that they weren't going to be spied on. What the hell is wrong with you idiots?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

K, do you have GPS enabled at work? At the same address of your coworkers?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The reason Alexa and other appliances are so "aware" of your personal info is because we let them. Every time we install, download, click "Agree" on a disclaimer or grant permissions of an app to use functions of our phones etc, we're saying YES - use my info.

One nice provision of the newly enacted GDPR is that upon request - a company must disclose if they have personally identifying information and who they share it with. In the EU this is law. Not sure if it extends to US-based people.
My company had to create facilities to handle both.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I laugh at all the knuckleheads who bought one of these in house spy devices and thought that they weren't going to be spied on. What the hell is wrong with you idiots?

Spied on how? Explain if you would. It doesn't record everything.. only the gullible think so.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I visited an assisted living place with Alexa in the lobby and no one around except relatives. I said Alexa okay Metallica playlist or Sandman. Soon the old folks home had better music. I was surprised it listens to anyone walking in and responds. It wouldn't surprise me if Alexa plays Metallica again at the old folks home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join