It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pardons late black boxing champion Jack Johnson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Jack Johnson deserved to be pardoned.

Whatever Trump's reasoning - - - there must be something in it for him.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

If you see a thread about something Trump has done what is positive, why not give that thread a miss?

Why do you want to live in an echo chamber and only hear opinions you agree with? Why is it so hard to disagree with someone without telling them to get lost? Serious questions.

If I passed on every thread about Trump, there’d be nothing to comment on. Not a lot of variety these days.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: projectvxn

Interestingly enough:

In 2016, then-Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nevada, and Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, along with Reps. Peter King, R-New York, and Gregory Meeks, D-New York, petitioned the Obama administration to grant a pardon to Johnson. The bipartisan group of lawmakers sent a letter to the White House asking that the pardon be given in honor of the 70th anniversary of the boxer's death.

"While it is unfortunate that this unjust conviction was not corrected during the boxer's lifetime, a posthumous pardon today represents the opportunity to reaffirm Jack Johnson's substantial contributions to our society and right this historical wrong," the letter said.

In March 2017, Sen. Cory Booker, D-New Jersey, joined with McCain, King and Meeks to reintroduce a resolution urging Johnson's pardon.

"Despite this resolution passing both chambers of Congress several times in recent years, no pardon has been issued to date," McCain said in a statement at the time. "I hope President Trump will seize the opportunity before him to right this historical wrong and restore a great athlete's legacy."

CNN

So both chambers of Congress petition for a pardon several times in recent years...Trump complies...and now that's bad?

oh geeze
that is going to make some unhappy
guess obama was too busy???

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Trump has to have some white privileged side to this action, i mean he is evil and racist

That leads me to my next question:

Is this action more racist then moving the embassy to Jerusalem was Anti-Semitic?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If you see a thread about something Trump has done what is positive, why not give that thread a miss?

Why do you want to live in an echo chamber and only hear opinions you agree with? Why is it so hard to disagree with someone without telling them to get lost? Serious questions.

If I passed on every thread about Trump, there’d be nothing to comment on. Not a lot of variety these days.

Sometimes it's better to not say anything instead of appearing, humorless, petty, vindictive and small....Just saying.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Noted racist pardons black man.

More at 11.

-how CNN will report it.

CNN Headline. . . . . .

Trump refuses to pardon all but one dead black guy.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Sometimes it's better to not say anything instead of appearing, humorless, petty, vindictive and small....Just saying.

That’s your opinion. And you’re welcome to it. Isn’t it great?

Why would you want to only hear things you agree with? This is an open forum for debate. Telling people to get lost because you don’t agree with them doesn’t exactly work.

Just an FYI.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462
And humorless? Come on, that first comment was hilarious.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

So both chambers of Congress petition for a pardon several times in recent years...Trump complies...and now that's bad?

Because he's damned if he does and damned if he don't. Standard lib M.O. when it comes to Trump.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Because he's damned if he does and damned if he don't. Standard lib M.O. when it comes to Trump.

"Here's your mirror"

Problem is, Trump is all about what's good for Trump.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: JDmOKI

If he actually cared about the Black community wouldn't he be pardoning the countless number of nonviolent drug offenders? Funny how when Obama did that the Right, including Trump, had a conniption.

And many went right to crime sprees.

✴️

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Why would you want to only hear things you agree with? This is an open forum for debate. Telling people to get lost because you don’t agree with them doesn’t exactly work.

Just an FYI.

I agree that you have the right to comment on things you disagree with but for the life of me, I can't understand WHY anyone would even try to paint this particular action by Trump as a bad thing. You can choose to pass occasionally you know! People who are constantly looking for the dark cloud behind every rainbow are annoying. I didn't like much of what the former President did while in office, but when he did something good, I didn't deny or # all over it.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Just an FYI.

I agree that you have the right to comment on things you disagree with but for the life of me, I can't understand WHY anyone would even try to paint this particular action by Trump as a bad thing. You can choose to pass occasionally you know! People who are constantly looking for the dark cloud behind every rainbow are annoying. I didn't like much of what the former President did while in office, but when he did something good, I didn't deny or # all over it.

You also have the choice to pass over my comments and not respond. Let’s not forget that as well.

Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Jack Johnson deserved to be pardoned.

Whatever Trump's reasoning - - - there must be something in it for him.

Like others... you couldn't resist.

Why not just stick with the first line? That warranted respect. That is, until you ruined it with the second.

I bet you know what Trump's REAL motivation was, don't you? Go on... give up your secret source. I'm not feeling dumb enough after reading some of the no brained responses here.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
He pardons a guy who's been dead for over 70 years but says that black folks who peacefully protest civil injustice and inequality should leave the country. Oh the irony....

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I’m not sure how you can question this action with a straight face. You would have to be a heartless jerk to not appreciate this pardon even if it is posthumous.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Love Trumps Hate, except when you hate Trump.

Like so much other liberal logic... Don't call MS13 animals....illegal immigrants deserve special privileges over legal immigrants...diversity is king, unless you're white or Christian... Need I go on?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
..but says that black folks who peacefully protest civil injustice and inequality should leave the country.

Have a link to that?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

How is it deflecting? People in this thread are using this as an example of how much Trump loves Black people. Yet at the same time one of the biggest problems affecting the Black community are the number of Blank males sitting in jail for nonviolent drug offenses.

A token pardon of a boxer most people don't know about doesn't make Trump some kind of Civil Rights Warrior. And I'm going to call out people that act that way.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
..but says that black folks who peacefully protest civil injustice and inequality should leave the country.

Have a link to that?

Oh, allow me! This is just the newest version of the "animals" lie. Trump made a comment about the NFL's decision to not have players on the field during the national anthem. In his comments he said that if a person didn't want to stand for the anthem, maybe they "shouldn't be in the country".

Here's the actual quote:

"You have to stand proudly for the National Anthem or you shouldn't be playing. You shouldn't be there. Maybe you shouldn't be in the country,"

In typical TDS response, the lunatics are running their mouths making all sorts of ridiculous claims that Trump said he is going to deport anyone who doesn't stand for the anthem. etc...etc...

Sad part is that they don't even realize they look like complete idiots and liars with this BS.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join