It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pardons late black boxing champion Jack Johnson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: underwerks

So you disagree with the pardon. Do you think that Johnson was rightfully arrested for violating the Mann act?

I disagree with dead people being used by politicians.

You may think that’s a-ok.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Yes, Trump pardoned him. Why didn't anyone previously do it?

I don’t know, he’s dead maybe? The only reason a person would do this is to use Jack Johnson for some kind of political capital.

And I doubt Jack is doing the happy dance in the afterlife knowing he’s being used by a politician, just like he was when he was alive.

But hey, Trump did it. So I assume it was an amazing pardon. The best.

Better than not doing it. But way to go in politicizing and smearing Trump over something that EVERYBODY should be able to agree was a good thing.

Trump supports oxygen. Protest that.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I blame Obama.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

Trump pardons a dead man and people yell at Obama about it.

Must be Thursday.

Questioning isn't yelling.

Why didn't Obama do it though? Seems like a slam dunk PR move for him. I find it quite odd that he didn't. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Probably because he was already dead and couldn't vote for him in next election - OH WAIT A SECOND!!! I forget that many dead people do vote Dem in every election. I guess the O just missed this opportunity to get another dead voter.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Knowing his record, why did you expect Obama to show compassion like President Trump does?

link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Any proof of this claim? If not I see it as being on the same level as Trump colluding with Russia.
edit on 5/24/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Trump pardons a dead man and people yell at Obama about it.

Must be Thursday.

You come in to every single thread involving Trump and deflect. Tell us how unpartisan you are again. I like that story.

It's the best fable for sure. My favorite Leftist fable is how they hate Hillary and didn't vote for her. Its quite amazing isn't it? Where did all the Hillary votes come from since no leftists ever own up to voting for HER.

I guess voting fraud is even bigger than we thought. It has to be with all these leftists loudly proclaiming they didn't vote for Her.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Carcharadon

Why didn't Trump also pardon anyone living that are serving ridiculous sentences? The blade cuts both ways.

I'm not sure. I'll ask him the next time I'm at the White House for dinner. Send me a list of questions and I'll see what I can do.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
And just as planned the supporters go "YAH!" and the detractors go "m'eh". Is there such a thing as a people fiddle? Because he's playing you all.
edit on 24-5-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That's good to hear. I've been pretty disgusted with how politicians on the left use dead children and other mass shooting victims- not to mention the Michael Browns of the world- for political purposes.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I don’t know, he’s dead maybe? The only reason a person would do this is to use Jack Johnson for some kind of political capital.

And I doubt Jack is doing the happy dance in the afterlife knowing he’s being used by a politician, just like he was when he was alive.

Better than not doing it. But way to go in politicizing and smearing Trump over something that EVERYBODY should be able to agree was a good thing.

I doubt Jack really gives a #### at this point. So who is this serving? Who is this helping?

There are thousands upon thousands of people rotting away in prison for non violent drug crimes. You want to be my hero? Pardon them. Not a dead person who this won’t affect in any way. Of course what happened to Jack was wrong, and you’d have to be short in the head to believe this pardon makes up for any of it.

link   

originally posted by: loam

That's good to hear. I've been pretty disgusted with how politicians on the left use dead children and other mass shooting victims- not to mention the Michael Browns of the world- for political purposes.

So am I.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: toolgal462

Any proof of this claim? If not I see it as being on the same level as Trump colluding with Russia.

I'd like to give you the proof, but the Dems wont let there be any investigation into voter fraud. Shocking.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not just Obama, but any previous president.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I doubt Jack really gives a #### at this point. So who is this serving? Who is this helping?

There are thousands upon thousands of people rotting away in prison for non violent drug crimes. You want to be my hero? Pardon them. Not a dead person who this won’t affect in any way. Of course what happened to Jack was wrong, and you’d have to be short in the head to believe this pardon makes up for any of it.
Except you're willfully being, "short in the head" about it.

It isn't so much for the fact that he is dead, but that he WAS PARDONED, an his family can have some closure.

This was brilliant and beautiful, as Trump said, right the wrongs of history.

So, please, stop your bitching, kthxbye🖐️😏

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Since when does "doing the right thing" depend on whether or not the person is still alive to appreciate it? If you do good deeds just for recognition from others then you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Virtue is it's own reward. But Democrats only see future voters in every contrived and pandering thing they do or say.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

This was brilliant and beautiful,

I think it was a cheap and obvious political stunt. But then again I’ve never been one to want to believe things are something other than they are.

kthxbye

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

The only reason a person would do this is to use Jack Johnson for some kind of political capital.

And there it is. A perfect example of why things will get much worse in this country before they get better.

The fact of the pardon is less significant than the imagined reason for it.

Bravo.

Our nation is well and truly ####ed. Isn't it.

Trump can't do one good thing without someone taking a very large defecation on it.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well, I'd imagine Johnson's family is the beneficiary of this. He did a nice thing for them and it would take someone who is so far gone down the partisan rabbit hole they can no longer see to find fault.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump can't do one good thing without someone taking a very large defecation on it.

Good? GOOD? GOOD!?!?!?

You living in reality or something?

You better stop that nonsense and come back down to LaLa Land.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join