It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass protest, pull your kids out of school and stop paying taxes

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: SolAquarius
Does the abolishing of unions for public service apply to police unions as well?

I mean if we are going to get rid of unions for public service jobs then we should be fair across all fields of public service.

you don't have a right to the money that my work produces

You are in a Union ?
That is the only direct and lawful way that unions obtain money
Union dues.

Which I pay happily, to ensure that my pension remains intact.

Wow . Pension works differently in Canada , eh ?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Does the abolishing of unions for public service apply to police unions as well?

I mean if we are going to get rid of unions for public service jobs then we should be fair across all fields of public service.

You are in a Union ?
Union dues.

Same here in the US. I sure don't expect the corps to live up to their pension contracts. Seen to many people left high and dry after working for 20 years for the same company. TWA bailed on their pension contracts when they went down.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
People have forgotten the power of a general strike.
If we know what we want and are willing to suffer a while to get it we can make it so.
It's only through our compliance they have any power at all.

Do you see complacency going away anytime soon? I don't.

Only if things get much worse for a majority.
Adding your own complacency isn't a solution.
Our souls are starving for a reason.
What use is a body with no spirit?
We are a society going through the motions of living without the experience of feeling alive.

My soul is fine and so is my spirit. I have my set of problems but I'm far from "going through the motions". You might want to look inward and try to get yourself into a better mood.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
TLDR this thread but someone asked about your employer requiring you to pay taxes.

That is untrue.

You can change your withholding at any time by changing the claim to 5 or higher. This effectively puts your tax to 0 in most places for federal income taxes. Where I'm from in the US the state tax is a percentage of federal so it solved both problems.

I did this for the last 6 months I lived in the US before moving overseas to effectively zero out my tax liability to the gov't since I wouldn't be filing until when/if I return to live in the USA which is increasing looking likely thanks to Xi Jinping.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
when/if I return to live in the USA which is increasing looking likely thanks to Xi Jinping.

That would be an awesome discussion. You should start a thread. I'm sure there are very few on ATS that have the insight as someone that lives there. Us back home only know what we get from the western media.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Well, you know I do agree with you.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

You are in a Union ?
Union dues.

Same here in the US. I sure don't expect the corps to live up to their pension contracts. Seen to many people left high and dry after working for 20 years for the same company. TWA bailed on their pension contracts when they went down.

Yep. It's troublesome to know companies, as well as state and local governments can declare bankruptcy, and not have to meet their obligations.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

This WOULDN'T happen as far as it relates to the Police Unions. I don't type this just because I'm a retired cop either. I started when NOBODY wanted to be a cop, nobody. Then to entice citizens to take TheJob there had to be an enticement..

Now w/Citizen Vs. Cop(s) videos popping up every week, this puts them at an even greater risk because now it is 'Your Life' ; Your Job; Your house while You get sued 'civilly' This is where the Police Union comes in for their Legal Defense Fund.

And what about cops like Me? Laying here w/a broken back and neck and CAN'T work, I guess I'm SOL huh??

At least I got wounded fighting the war HERE and not 6,000 miles away making the Defense Contractors BILLIONS while the folks living HERE have to fight & scratch to NEED cops...

Know a good bridge I can be a troll under? so I can wheel out and have a Begging sign. I'll wear camos and maybe folks will think I got wounded in the important war 6,000 miles away (when in actuality it is being 'fought' by guys flying drones from a mesa in New Mexico but as long as it keeps going...

And since the "Affordable Healthcare Act" started I had $1207/month taken out of My retirement check to pay for 'Affordable Healthcare' which was SUPPOSED to have been covered by the retirement.

So LMK on the bridge, I prefer a warm climate but know that I'll have to go where the work is...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You are in a Union ?
Union dues.

Wow . Pension works differently in Canada , eh ?

My union would shut the joint down if they tried. That would not go over well.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

So basically your holding your countrymen hostage?

Sounds great

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is a very valid point to bring attention to, but I have a feeling that these pensions won’t get paid anyway, bc the country is in debt. And if taxes are an issue just move to a state with less taxes and you can afford private schools for your child. Catholic Schools don’t get shot up. The USA offers this option already.
edit on 25-5-2018 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2018 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

No thank you. I would prefer NOT to be Ruby Ridge'd.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
America, that grand experiment in representative republics, is failing.

America is dying.

America has begun to feed upon itself.

We are entering the first stages of a death of a nation, a death of a dream, the death of freedom and liberty.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
America, that grand experiment in representative republics, is failing.

America is dying.

America has begun to feed upon itself.

We are entering the first stages of a death of a nation, a death of a dream, the death of freedom and liberty.

Meh.. def getting stronger, unfortunately not every state is setup perfectly for every person, you gotta find your place still in the world.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

My place in the world will be in a pine box soon enough.

I just mourn a country my children will inherit.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

a reply to: JimNasium

So basically your holding your countrymen hostage?

Sounds great

Read much?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You never know. This could be the start of something wonderful. Something that brings us more freedom.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Like I said, schools are not safe and they aren't equipping your kids with the necessary skills to survive in todays world

protest, pull them out and stop paying for it

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Like I said, schools are not safe and they aren't equipping your kids with the necessary skills to survive in todays world
protest, pull them out and stop paying for it

You first. Be sure and let us know how it works out, eh?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
No need to protest, Trump is on it

abcnews.go.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join