It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass protest, pull your kids out of school and stop paying taxes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Wow people. I sense anger in Toy's words but can you blame him?

I guess it is the continuous fight between ism's again. Even without the emotion, this issue isn't going away. The courts will probably force the government and unions to recognize reality soon. I can't see the fed allowing states and municipalities to print money out of thin air like they do. The fed hates competition.

The really fun ones will be where the courts side with the unions and agree that these are unbreakable contracts that promised things. Those will be the areas where police, fire departments, road repairs and other essential services will be cut to the bone. It will take the masses to get mad enough before they so no more. I wonder how much of a smoking wreckage will be left before people pull their heads out of the sand and start looking around.

Fun times ahead.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

those services are already cut to the bone

in PA the roads are so bad it's like Mad Max level off road driving on the roads

garbage doesn't always get picked up

bridges are literally collapsing

the criminal problems are so bad they had to hire 6 new police officers recently

we are already facing this reality

oh I forgot, the schools are so poor they had to cut several programs and combine all the schools into 1
edit on 24-5-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

either you're here to discuss ideas or you're not it's that simple, and I don't care how many stars you get

I am discussing your ideas and I don't agree with them. They are impracticable and Alt right pie in the sky. As for the stars, what a wonderful concept to brighten our pitiful lonely days!

edit on 24-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Pull your kids out of school and refuse to pay taxes until our government is returned to a constitutuional republic.

Please don't--I don't want anyone's name on here coming across my desk.

But I agree with abolishing public-sector unions. Hell, even FDR, one of the biggest big-government presidents in our history, said this (my emphasis):

All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management. The very nature and purposes of government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with government employee organizations. The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives in Congress. Accordingly, administrative officials and employees alike are governed and guided, and in many instances restricted, by laws which establish policies, procedures, or rules in personnel matters. Particularly, I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place in the functions of any organization of government employees. Upon employees in the Federal service rests the obligation to serve the whole people, whose interests and welfare require orderliness and continuity in the conduct of government activities. This obligation is paramount. Since their own services have to do with the functioning of the Government, a strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct the operations of Government until their demands are satisfied. Such action, looking toward the paralysis of Government by those who have sworn to support it, is unthinkable and intolerable.

Full disclosure: I'm a non-bargaining federal employee.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

the collectivist are trying to ruin our country and we are letting them do it

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

the collectivist are trying to ruin our country and we are letting them do it

Take it up with your representative or senator then.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I've read some things lately about current employees complaining about having to provide medical coverage for retiree's.

Like J.Canuck said, it's a deal you make; the retirement package comes with medical. A part of my paycheck goes towards supporting this, and in turn, when it's my time, the young-un's will pay for most of mine. It's a deal we make. I think it's a good deal and I don't mind.
I especially won't mind when it's my turn to reap the rewards I paid into.

And neither will the OP. Of course, if you do, you can refuse the benefits I suppose. No pension, no medical, no Rx.
Try to opt out or something. I personally am content to do it and happy to have it.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I hear you. There isn't much left to cut out of the budget in the states at the forefront of this fight.

I love how people label this as alt right thing or a republican thing as this is trying to take AWAY from people who righteously deserve it. They never look to see the private sector who is drowning under these taxes. City + State + County on top of federal. Where is this money suppose to come from?

Keep on taxing this mule at these rates and they will simply flee the area. When all you have left are public sector employees, where is the money coming from? It seems like it would be in the best interest of the unions to make sure sustainability is foremost in their thoughts and plans. They should realize they are draining the host dry. But they don't care, they aren't really there for the members, they are there for themselves...the management.

We are probably whistling past the graveyard already. I guess trying to get people to wake up and start preparing for when those impossible terms and conditions stop, that is just being mean. Instead of facing reality, it is way more comforting to pretend.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Is that really a good system to burden the future generations with our debt? I know we have been doing it for a while, but is it just? Is it moral?

The more and more I look around and notice the newest generation, gen z, it seems like they know exactly what is going on and it doesn't appear they want to play the game anymore.

They are rejecting this system by simply not participating. They are forcing changes that our politicians don't have the stomach to do.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

So you say..its called living in a society
You could always Ship off to Antarctica and live off grid for free

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The problem therein is that I have two good peeps (IMO) who I vote for (Rep. Thomas Massie and Sen. Rand Paul), and even though they represent me well enough to make me happy, that voice is still lost amongst all of the other rank-and-file legislators too afraid to stand for anything.

At some point, taking it up with our representatives and senators isn't enough or doesn't yield any results.

I'm speaking in generalities, of course.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Watch the next thread I start you will like it

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So because they work in public service they dont deserve to eat? They spend what they make and keep the economy going
I don't think you have an understanding of pyramid schemes. You're being overdramatic.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
When all you have left are public sector employees, where is the money coming from?

In case it slipped past you, the economy started to suck once the good unionised industrial jobs went overseas. But did the price of your vehicle drop dramatically along with the price of labour? No. It did not.

Where do you think that extra dough ended up? Maybe Wall Street? So instead of haranguing your neighbor, who might still have a decent public sector gig, as being ‘entitled’, why not , for instance, press your representative to press for legislation to put a miniscule tax on each and every stock market transaction? Makes more sense, and you can keep your friends.

And if your reps don't listen, run against them. You don't need to win...you just need to embarrass them in the press. What they fear most is going back to selling insurance, cars, etc.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I hatex working for a unuon because no matter how much effort I put into my work I recieved exactly the same thing as everyone else

In not a safe space cry baby I want the opporrunity to thrive

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I am fully aware in the multitude of ways I am getting taxed, daily. It doesn't really matter where the money ends up, most of it is fraud anyways. At least until you get down to the local level where the fraud is only about 30-50% and some of the money actually makes it out to public services like road repairs.

A tax on every financial transaction wouldn't do anything at the local level where the funding for these generous governmental retirement packages are being funded from. That would probably just lost before it ever reached those low levels of services.

I am also aware of the myriad of ways I am getting gouged on almost every transaction I make. Inflation for me is a bigger concern, but that doesn't make this issue any less important.

I guess if you continuously printed money out of thin air, you could afford to employ the entire nation into a public service position with very generous payouts and benefits packages. Once you stopped working, what would happen to the money you saved with that current creation of money out of thin air? I bet you would probably starve within 2 months by the power of inflation.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I hatex working for a unuon because no matter how much effort I put into my work I recieved exactly the same thing as everyone else
In not a safe space cry baby I want the opporrunity to thrive

You made your choice, based upon the opportunities offered. Others made theirs. It's somewhat sad for you to be slamming them for having stuck to their lower paying positions in return for a more secure future. And I repeat...it is the offer that management made and agreed to. How is that bad?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Lol...we see how Pharma "reduces" it's prices in the USA.. NOT
You must be in Lala land
edit on 24-5-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

totally irrelevant to public sector unions

I didn't make an agreement to pay your pension, the boomers did this and they are the only ones who are going to get this benefit OFF OF MY BACK

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

We know you don't do that - you choose which arguments to avoid. Rather lazy thinking

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join