It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass protest, pull your kids out of school and stop paying taxes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

private vs public unions are totally different story, no one working for the public sector is entitled to any of my money

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

private vs public unions are totally different story, no one working for the public sector is entitled to any of my money

Provide your own services then. We've been through this.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

then why do we have billions in unfunded pension liabilities?

Essentially, because a lot of employers chose to use pension funds as ATMs, and when the chickens come home to roost they suddenly cry poor.
Then they set workers to fighting amongst each other to drag everybody's employment standards down. It's called the Race to the Bottom. I chose to earn less in a unionised public sector gig than I would have in the private. The trade-off was job security, benefits, and starting next year, a decent pension. How does that make me part of a problem?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Wait a second, don't we force these people into these public positions at gunpoint? They don't really have a choice other than sucking off the public #&#. I mean, this would be a great and noble argument to make if these people willingly entered into these positions. I wonder what type of people these positions attract if we only make them work a fraction of the time the private sector requires for retirement? They work 20-25 years and then retire with a life expectancy of another 30-40 years at almost full pay. I wonder, is there some type of stigma associated with the public employee?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I will readily admit I have grown complacent with paved roads, hospitals, police, schools, fire departments, having medications and imports examined. In fact, it's a small price we pay for those perks.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
People have forgotten the power of a general strike.
If we know what we want and are willing to suffer a while to get it we can make it so.
It's only through our compliance they have any power at all.

Do you see complacency going away anytime soon? I don't.

Only if things get much worse for a majority.
Adding your own complacency isn't a solution.
Our souls are starving for a reason.
What use is a body with no spirit?
We are a society going through the motions of living without the experience of feeling alive.
edit on 24-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

It's all about cheap labor for a lot of companies and the cheapest labor around is robots and A.I. bots.

Actually the cheapest labor around is off shore non union slaves in Asia. Robots still cost to much money to bring jobs back to the US. Harly-Davidson just moved to Asia. What's that tell you? No unions in Thailand.

www.bizjournals.com...

edit on 24-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The math is really simple . Earth 7.5 billion humans around 50,000 of them say they are in charge so give them your money .
They also tell the other 7.5 billion who to hate who to kill who to destroy . Odd thing is it works 7.5 billion people will happly hate and want to kill other humans .

What IF every person who had a weapon killing the other bad people on both sides put the weapons down ?
You think the so called top 50 k will start killing each other ?

what if even HALF the work force on the planet took the week OFF ? Just sit at home OR walk to a park that is fre SPEND NO MONEY for one week make NO taxes for the Government in two ways One is you took the week off - 2 is you are spending NO money not even a candy bar for one week no gas nothing .

For every day half the work force did this the Government would be out BILLIONS In tax money .
First day goes by They are like ????? second day goes by they start saying we got to do something .
Day 3 they come on TV begging for you to go back to work . By now they have PERSONALLY lost millions of the money they already took from you . And billions in lost taxes .

Day 4 rolls around and now they start asking what do you want . Day five and the world would be changed no wars no more wasted money half of that 50 k FIRED .

Its OUR money so these people dont have to work they are living on and without us supporting these people they will starve .
MR king did something close to it and it worked - Gandhi as well .
Maybe a man named Jesus so even 2 k years agaio some people knew who really holds the power .

This is why Governments FEAR there own people they all know the day comes we get tired of it they fall.

50,000 of them 7.5 billion of us include the fools who follow them and add another 10 million in armys against what was that number again ? O yea 7.5 billion .
we dont need revolutions nore riots nore civil wars to change the world we just need to all kick back for one week .

The fact we have let them do this for the last 10,000 years proves who the fools really are US you me .

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I don't know, I'm sort of looking forward to spending your money (and mine, technically, since I also pay taxes) when I finally retire and draw my government pension.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Your idea of "justice" is not mine. I happen to hate unions for my own reasons, but my answer to your call for a "mass protest" is:

NO!

It's not a matter of being afraid. It's a matter of not agreeing with your overly simplistic and completely naive analyses of events. You haven't got a clue.

saying I haven't got a clue isn't the same as actually proving it, you've made no actual assertions that are verified by facts

Then let me put it this way. Your call for a mass protest is NOT going to happen. If you think it will, you are completely delusional. You CANNOT simply "stop paying taxes" when taxes are taken out before you even see your net paycheck. It can't be done. Secondly, pulling your kids out of school achieves nothing but more ignorance. You also violate compulsory attendance laws. Neither one of your suggestions is practical or achievable. Plus (and this is a big one) you persuasive skills are lacking because NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE, is going to follow your ideas. Do you get it yet? Probably not.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Next time you get pulled over by the cops or your house catches fire, or your wife has a stroke, or one of your kids get run over... be sure and tell them that, and they should leave and you can take care of yourself.

Sorry to rub it in....I get government contracts from time to time with my sideline business. Paid by the American taxpayer.
edit on 24-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone else see the irony.

Write a thread about how boomers should retire, get out of the job market so others can have their jobs.

Then, when they do retire, complain about contributions to said retirement.

I think the OP doesn't think things through.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Lol.

Lot's of communists on this board I see....

Police, Fire, Teacher, are not guaranteed. No more union? Tough...Public hates you so you get fired? Tough...

Life is not fair. Welcome.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

People have forgotten the power of a general strike.
If we know what we want and are willing to suffer a while to get it we can make it so.
It's only through our compliance they have any power at all.

Do you see complacency going away anytime soon? I don't.

Only if things get much worse for a majority.
Adding your own complacency isn't a solution.
Our souls are starving for a reason.
What use is a body with no spirit?
We are a society going through the motions of living without the experience of feeling alive.

^^^

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't think the arguments for a loss of infrastructure are honest in this regard. No one is saying that we are going to lose our roads or services. No where in this argument do I see the complete removal of taxes, just how they are promised out of the taxpayers pocket into the hands of the few. The taxpayers have no bargaining position at this table. It is between the politicians and the unions. The politicians don't care, they won't be in office when the over-promised unpayable bill comes due.

The public unions are one of the last holdouts with their nice little defined benefit pensions, they need to step into reality like the rest of us with our defined contribution plans.

Either they make the choice now or reality through math makes the choice for them in the near future.

I kind of hope they circle the wagons and fight to the bitter end. Once the turnip runs out of blood to drain, it is over.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Next time you get pulled over by the cops or your house catches fire, or your wife has a stroke, or one of your kids get run over... be sure and tell them that, and they should leave and you can take care of yourself.

And since he won't be buying a car (won't pay taxes on it), then he needs to stop using the paved roads you and I provide.
But who knows? It might work out faster travelling as the crow flies. And I am sure there are creeks somewhere clean enough to drink from.
edit on 5/24/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Just for you OP...

Lyrics

Phantoms of the second civil war
You gather them around
And every time you open up your mouth,
A loud of horse# comes flying right back out
Flying right back out

Mr. Freedom big time talker, oh but thank you very much but no

Serious business on your lapel
Let the people, know how you feel
And every bumper sticker on the back of your car
Makes you feel a little more real,
A little more real

Mr. Freedom big time talker, oh but thank you but no!

I bet you would like nothing better
Than for the # to hit the fan
And from the safety of your arm chair,
Probably there just glad that no one else but you can possibly understand

Thanks for thinking of me

That’s mighty kind of you

Mr. Freedom big time talker, oh but thank you very much,
But no

Songwriters: Dan Maines / Jean-Paul Gaster / Neil Fallon / Richard Timothy Sult
Mr. Freedom lyrics © BMG Rights Management US, LLC

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

This is going to come to head faster than any of these people realize.

Jerry Brown

Gov. Jerry Brown this week predicted that his 2012 pension law will survive union challenges in court and blow a hole in the so-called “California rule” that has restricted changes to public employee retirement plans for half a century.

California home prices

2017 ended with 461,900 home sales in California. This is 3,800 more sales than took place in 2016, amounting to an increase of less than a percent. For perspective, the 461,900 homes sold in 2017 was still 39% below peak sales volume experienced in 2005.

Major corrections incoming.

Prepare for deflation by moving assets into commodities.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Sorry to rub it in....I get government contracts from time to time with my sideline business. Paid by the American taxpayer.

What does any of that have to do with anything?

Private Ambulance companies exist. They can probably do it for cheaper...

Kids run over???? What? What on Earth is anyone from government going to do to rectify that?

Sorry, I have lived all my life not setting my home ablaze. Some close calls on the stove..but that's about it.
No fancy fire truck for that needed.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Lol.

Lot's of communists on this board I see....

Police, Fire, Teacher, are not guaranteed. No more union? Tough...Public hates you so you get fired? Tough...

Life is not fair. Welcome.

Man. Your cab ride back to reality would be in the millions. Union driven of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join