It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass protest, pull your kids out of school and stop paying taxes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Your idea of "justice" is not mine. I happen to hate unions for my own reasons, but my answer to your call for a "mass protest" is:

NO!

It's not a matter of being afraid. It's a matter of not agreeing with your overly simplistic and completely naive analyses of events. You haven't got a clue.

saying I haven't got a clue isn't the same as actually proving it, you've made no actual assertions that are verified by facts

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: SolAquarius

he's speaking of governments existing on cosmic scales

city
state
federal

Don't forget...

Interplanetary
Interstellar

link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: Edumakated
Governments at all levels are pretty much insolvent because of public unions, in particular, their lavish pensions which are simply not mathematically sustainable.

Goverments plural? Are we talking about the united states or other counties as well?

Local, county, and state in particular, but I'd imagine a lot of issues at the Fed level specifically related to cost of public union employees.

I know here in IL, the state is basically so broke they can barely pay lotto winnings. All the financial issues are related to lavish pension plans that have been underfunded, but also gamed by public union employees. Pretty much the same in almost every state. Show me a state that doesn't have pension issues...

link   
a reply to: angeldoll

what's to say I haven't?

matter of fact you would be surprised at how much effort is put into keeping the government out of your business

if everyone followed all of the rules

A there would be half as many businesses
B nothing would ever get built

link   
a reply to: toysforadults

sorry but pensions are a pyramid scheme scam which is exactly why you can barely get them in the private sector anymore and the ones that are left are on the edge of going bankrupt

Not mine. sagaftra.org and www.iatse.net... Both are flourishing thanks to streaming web TV.

Union proud, Union strong

edit on 24-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Yikes human made governments on earth are bad enough. A cosmic scale goverment sounds like the empire from star wars. I

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Ok thanks for clarifying I thought that's what you were trying to say.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

sorry but pensions are a pyramid scheme scam which is exactly why you can barely get them in the private sector anymore and the ones that are left are on the edge of going bankrupt

Not mine. sagaftra.org and www.iatse.net... Both are flourishing thanks to streaming web TV.

cool beans the entertainment industry is doing good, like I said most

link   

a reply to: intrepid

nope I'm perfectly fine in the private sector and can make more money

I just want this government out of my damn business and money

Fine. Stop using roads. Use your own medicine. Take your own garbage to the dump. IDK how you're going to police(literally) your own life nor keep criminals locked up. I could go on. Like Shuyler said, you have no idea what this all entails.
edit on 24-5-2018 by intrepid because: Fixed quote.

link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Yikes human made governments on earth are bad enough. A cosmic scale goverment sounds like the empire from star wars. I

I make fun of things I don't understand too

oh wait no I don't

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Im2keul

every business in the US is owned by a private citizen and paying the government is a choice made by people to keep them from going to prison

don't be scared, don't be a wuss

many many people died to make it possible for us to protest the actions of our government

all I'm seeing is a bunch of people afraid of demanding justice because they like their TVs

Really!?
Let's hear your plan, if your gonna try to get a group to come together surely you have a detailed plan?

link   

You say you work, so how do you prevent your employer from taking taxes out of your paycheck?
How do you avoid paying taxes when you make purchases?

How old is your child?

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Sounds like sour grapes to me. I'd wager you'd change your mind if you had a public sector job. Want one?

It is sour grapes when I am paying out the wazoo to support other people's lavish retirement while barely being able to provide for my own.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

typical pro government stance, but but what if the government doesn't solve all of my problems???

easy, the someone will solve the problem at half the cost it's called entrepreneurship

someone can run a private dump and it will cost less than what it does to operate with the government, it's a win win

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Sounds like sour grapes to me. I'd wager you'd change your mind if you had a public sector job. Want one?

It is sour grapes when I am paying out the wazoo to support other people's lavish retirement while barely being able to provide for my own.

^^^

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

nope I'm perfectly fine in the private sector and can make more money

I just want this government out of my damn business and money

Fine. Stop using roads. Use your own medicine. Take your own garbage to the dump. IDK how you're going to police(literally) your own life nor keep criminals locked up. I could go on. Like Shuyler said, you have no idea what this all entails.

saying government is inefficient or being poorly managed does not mean government shouldn't provide those services.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

this is a good point but I would also add that everything the government does can be done in the private sector but it will actually benefit a business owner and not some politician's paycheck / campaign finance

there's no valid reason why these things can't be done by us outside of government

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Im2keul

every business in the US is owned by a private citizen and paying the government is a choice made by people to keep them from going to prison

Not "every" business. Any company that goes public ends up being owned by shareholders and overseen by a board. If the CEO doesn't return positive financial results, the CEO gets fired by the board and they find another one to take his/her place.

I'm with you on boycotts but It isn't as simple as you make out.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

someone can run a private dump and it will cost less than what it does to operate with the government, it's a win win

If that private dump owns a lake and decides it's cheaper to dump the trash in the lake and it ends up getting polluted and contaminating the water making the town near by sick who would stop them ?

This is an honest question I would like to know who would stop the private dump from doing this practice in this hypothetical situation. If you can provide an answer I might be on board with some of your other ideas.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

nothing is simple if you're willing to make excuses

people have to decide they are fed up with the destruction of our nation and it's laws and take a stand

we get closer everyday

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join