It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass protest, pull your kids out of school and stop paying taxes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Our government is out of control. Public unions are draining the economy and turning our country into a nation of poverty/ wealthy elite with no in between. Public unions should not be legal, you as a public sector employee do not get to get paid while your not working for the government, it's a service position and once you stop serving you no longer get paid.

Abolish them.

Reuters

CHICAGO, Sept 13 (Reuters) - U.S. state unfunded pension liabilities hit $1.3 trillion in fiscal 2016, a $56 billion or 4.5 percent increase over the previous fiscal year, Moody’s Investors Service reported on Wednesday.

Want to know why your taxes and cost of living keep rising while services constantly decline? Here is 1 massive problem, I'm not even getting into social welfare programs for business and personal use.

God forbid prices come down and we experience a deflationary period. God forbid banks be held accountable for securities fraud and risky lending practices and the value of products come down to something reasonable and affordable.

Nope gotta have the government handing out freebies on my back to every wanna be business owner in the US.

CNN

he US has had 57 times as many school shootings as the other major industrialized nations combined

If it's not more obvious than ever the school system is totally broken. I've never met so many people in my life with degrees who are essentially useless/ brain dead. That's not even it, schools are now the most dangerous places in America for your kids to be. What the hell happened?

We have major problems and the government isn't going to solve them. It's time for us to start acting outside of useless corrupt government and cutting them out of our business.

Pull your kids out of school and refuse to pay taxes until our government is returned to a constitutuional republic.

+2 more 
posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Sure.
I love going to jail

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You do realize that law enforcement, first responders and most government employees are unionized.

How do you go about pulling their charter.

Even Donald Trump is a member of a union and get a pension.

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 24-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Does the abolishing of unions for public service apply to police unions as well?

I mean if we are going to get rid of unions for public service jobs then we should be fair across all fields of public service.
edit on 24-5-2018 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
government (public sector) employees do not have a right to collectively leverage citizens of the nation they serve for higher pay and better benefits

they get what we can afford to pay them that's it

they have no right to leverage us and demand more and steal more money from our paychecks against our will

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
Does the abolishing of unions for public service apply to police unions as well?

I mean if we are going to get rid of unions for public service jobs then we should be fair across all fields of public service.

you don't have a right to the money that my work produces

+7 more 
posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Tell you what. Cut military spending. Even 10% and there will be plenty to go around.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

that's a great idea that I agree with but that will not solve the issues it will only perpetuate them until that's not enough either

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I am not sure how that works, can you tell your employer to not take taxes out of your pay?
I am pretty sure that your local store will not sell you anything without charging tax on it. I do like the idea, but not sure of the logistics.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

you don't have a right to the money that my work produces

So are you saying police unions should go along with teachers unions?

Perhaps we should also pay all representatives the same amount that teachers make as well while we are at it.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Im2keul

every business in the US is owned by a private citizen and paying the government is a choice made by people to keep them from going to prison

don't be scared, don't be a wuss

many many people died to make it possible for us to protest the actions of our government

all I'm seeing is a bunch of people afraid of demanding justice because they like their TVs

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Governments at all levels are pretty much insolvent because of public unions, in particular, their lavish pensions which are simply not mathematically sustainable.

The issue with public unions in particular is that the person (tax payers) are not really represented at the negotiating table. The politicians want union support and the unions want government largesse. The taxpayer is not at the table when this negotiating is occurring. The politician can make promises they don't have to pay for to gain favor with public unions.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

my words are pretty clear

police and teachers work in service of the public they don't have a right to get paid while not doing that job for 20+ years with full benefits

sorry but pensions are a pyramid scheme scam which is exactly why you can barely get them in the private sector anymore and the ones that are left are on the edge of going bankrupt

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Governments at all levels are pretty much insolvent because of public unions, in particular, their lavish pensions which are simply not mathematically sustainable.

The issue with public unions in particular is that the person (tax payers) are not really represented at the negotiating table. The politicians want union support and the unions want government largesse. The taxpayer is not at the table when this negotiating is occurring. The politician can make promises they don't have to pay for to gain favor with public unions.

^^^^

Thank you Edumakated for actually making an observation that isn't based on feeling good

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Goverments plural? Are we talking about the united states or other counties as well?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Sounds like sour grapes to me. I'd wager you'd change your mind if you had a public sector job. Want one?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

he's speaking of governments existing on cosmic scales

city
state
federal

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Your idea of "justice" is not mine. I happen to hate unions for my own reasons, but my answer to your call for a "mass protest" is:

NO!

It's not a matter of being afraid. It's a matter of not agreeing with your overly simplistic and completely naive analyses of events. You haven't got a clue.

link   
a reply to: intrepid

nope I'm perfectly fine in the private sector and can make more money

I just want this government out of my damn business and money

maybe if you weren't leeching off of me you would understand

link   

You go first.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join