It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowing if your dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I read that when you are dreaming the brain can't process writing properly. So that if you keep a note with "If you can read this, you are not dreaming" on it, you can check if you are dreaming or not by trying to read it.

Does/Would/Could this work etc?

Im interested because then you could start controlling dreams if you know you are in one.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
being AWARE that you are dreaming..is called LUCID DREAMING.........

Alot of good threads about it on this site, you may wanna search?

Interesting idea about the writting thing...I may try that for fun

[edit on 18-2-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I;ve heard that you can't read in your dreams.........then I read stuff in dreams........there are many tricks to learning how to lucid dream.......The Reality Check is the coolest, imo. Everyday, look at your watch at varying intervals, at least once every couple of hours. After you do this, ask yourself if this is real, ask yourself if you're dreaming and then look around and pick a point and recognize its existence. This trains your mind into questioning your reality and will occur in your dreams after a relevant amount of time.......

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I hate lucid dreaming. Once I knew I was dreaming but awake and a clown was performing in front of me and I just had to watch him while I knew I was awake, it was horrible. I was so scared and could feel my heart pounding, fast.

top topics

join