It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article: I’m A Democrat, And The Left’s Russia Gaslighting Scares Me More Than Trump Does

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Dear lord... I couldn't imagine.

I saw the machinations of.. "this" starting about ten years ago. I was never a Democrat, but I was (and still am) pretty hard left.

The mere fact that I felt Trump was a better choice than Hillary is enough to be ostracized. Its gone far, far beyond simple groupthink into something much, much worse.

Sad really.. I've always felt the left was good for pushing the boundaries of change and progress while the right kept it all grounded. There's a really nice balance there.

My biggest concern at this point is the right responding in kind. Despite the protests otherwise, the right simply hasn't reached the level of disconnect that the left has. Sure, the typical, obvious manipulations are all still there.. but this new stuff is a whole 'nother level.

And frankly, its frightening.

As I see it, there are elements of a full on religious aspect of the radicalism on both sides. It has IMO become a battle of religious dogmas. And, if you study history, you know that never comes out good.

Many deaths, much destruction, before a renaissance of thought is seen.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I wouldn't disagree..

However, I think its all manufactured to be exactly this way. I actually don't feel the intent was to result in physical conflict, but its almost an inevitability when its taken to a certain point.

I believe we got a bit of a glimpse behind the curtain with M. Aquino's posts here about a MindWar. It was sold as a superior alternative to physical conflict, but the end result might be physical all the same.. with the added complication of a population that has been completely mind$%&*ed.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Oh absolutely. I 100% see that there is a hyper dogmatic, almost religious culture that is emerging in liberal identity politics and social justice. They think they know the Truth, even when there are some issues with various viewpoints, and anybody that disagrees even on some minor point can be viciously attacked.
a reply to: Krakatoa

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You know what makes me sad? This site makes me sad.
I come here as a liberal to get out of my 90% liberal bubble.

I for one applaud you for taking that opportunity to see and hear both sides. I try to do the same. But (as you probably would agree) some of the drivel and half-truths and vitriol being presented as "news" in the MSM (ALL the MSM outlets) can make you feel so dirty you need to take a shower in bleach.

Thanks! Yeah, all of us should seek alternative viewpoints than our own. A lot of people are stuck in echo chambers.

Yes, I agree that the msm is failing as far as journalism, and I fear that some of that is purposeful i.e. propaganda.
edit on 24-5-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I for one applaud you for taking that opportunity to see and hear both sides. I try to do the same. But (as you probably would agree) some of the drivel and half-truths and vitriol being presented as "news" in the MSM (ALL the MSM outlets) can make you feel so dirty you need to take a shower in bleach.

Thanks! Yeah, all of us should seek alternative viewpoints than our own. A lot of people are stuck in echo chambers.

Yes, I agree that the msm is failing as far journalism, and I fear that some of that is purposeful i.e. propaganda.

And why not? After all, didn't the last administration make it legal for the MSM to be used to spread propaganda?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The best rule of thumb when dealing with all this political divisiveness is put country and people above political parties. Simple really.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yes, I agree that the msm is failing as far journalism, and I fear that some of that is purposeful i.e. propaganda.

And why not? After all, didn't the last administration make it legal for the MSM to be used to spread propaganda?

How true is that?

Also, the more history I study the more apparent it becomes that mainstream media has been propaganda for decades. People talked about this in former generations.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Gaslighting is such a weird term. Must be something wrong with my brain, but I have to look that word up everytime i see it to make sense of a thread on ATS> LOL

Probably because I associate that word with Moonlighting.

So when someone is gaslighting I get really confused. "Why do they need another job?" LOL

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yeah, 10 years ago I think some of the more extreme elements of what we are seeing now such as sjws was in a minority. I know, i worked in a social justice research lab. Then, most people weren't screaming about it or getting all triggered, nor were campuses swarmed.

Now it's grown to take over the Democratic Party. There's definitely very strong group think and not much room for debate. Now some are even calling logic or objectivism "white" culture. Whereas when I worked in social justice 10-15 years ago few if any people were attacking me for being a white male, now it has happened a bunch of times in school and work.

Like you, I'm more of a traditional *real* leftist rather than Democrat. The Dems as far as I'm concerned have gone off the rails, hopefully temporarily. Much of the media and their leaders are force feeding them, so it's not all their faults.
a reply to: Serdgiam

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

To be fair, she is a very conservative Democrat. Some would call her a DINO. Did you know she is in favor of arranged marriages?

For most good moral relativists, they will implicitly be "for" most anything in the effort to appear tolerant and non-judgmental, so that means that, yeah, if a culture is for arranged marriages, then while it may not be her personal cup of tea, who would she be to judge?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: kaylaluv

To be fair, she is a very conservative Democrat. Some would call her a DINO. Did you know she is in favor of arranged marriages?

But see, that's the thing most people never talk about.

Almost nobody that I know, is hard right or hard left. Most people have some conservative views, and some liberal views. Most Americans fall somewhere in the middle of the political spectrum. But if you say you support or are against one topic or another you are immediately thrown in with either the Demopublicans or the Republicrats.

I used to consider myself a Democrat, even voted for Obummer back in 08 when the media had christened him as the messiah, but these hard left people have gone so far out there with the craziness that they have pushed me to have more conservative views in my political leanings.

I know for a fact that I am not the only American who feels this way.

Yep!

The pendulum is swinging back, and instead of the Democratic Party trying to bring their party closer back to center, they are going so far to the extreme left it is a comical and sad picture to comprehend.

Imagine if Trump runs again and wins????

Black Pigeon Speaks did a great video of how the Left will re elect Trump in 2020 and I think he nailed it. The issue is how far gone mentally will they be at that point and just how dangerous will they become? Will people like Bill Ayers become the face of the Progressive Democrats? What will happen then?

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Same thing with McCain. And he’s a decorated war hero! So much for honor and respect for veterans...

www.theburningplatform.com...

He also killed 134 sailors and nearly sunk an aircraft carrier by acting like a complete moron.

But hey, Dad and grandad were 4 star admirals, so it was covered up.

www.youtube.com...

Ever hear his Tokyo Rose recording?

McCain is a literal traitor to the US. Not a war hero at all. The info he gave to the VC led to over 60 US aircraft being shot down. His actions were so bad that Nixon had to give him a presidential pardon.

He is not even a Republican. He acts like one so he can stop Republican legislation. Obamacare has effed up his state royally but he just keeps pushing it trying to keep it alive at all costs to his states taxpayers.

I know you've seen the photo ops with him and ISIS/Al-Nusra, but I'm sure they were just the "moderate" type of terrorists right? As if such a thing exists.

edit on 25-5-2018 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I think this article explains a lot about what's happening to the Democrats. They are losing white voters do to things like identity politics but this professor goes in to much more detail. Being a Democrat my entire life I read this and realized what happened. On social issues I do fall left of center for example I think everyone should have access to healthcare. And I believe women should have the right to get an abortion.

But as this article points out I'm right of center economically speaking. So there used to be a place for me in the democratic party but that place no longer exists.

Take the time to read the article I think this professor is on to something. And if he's right Democrats won't recover for decades or until minority voters become majority.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Mueller was appointed by the Government and has a right to investigate the Trump admin's shady dealings. Donald Trump is the biggest threat to America since the British invaded the US in 1812 and his crimes and treason must be revealed.

Anyone supporting Trunp is a traitor to America and humanity. Everyone here ridiculously accused Obama of "Fundamentally transforming America" for 8 years, which turned out to be completely false. Now Trump is completely transforming our country from a first world nation led by a government of qualified people, to a third world, lawless oligarchy of criminals and foreign agents and everyone here is happy to see him do it.

No one here has any business attacking Mueller, you should all be questioning why you support destroying our nation.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Mueller was appointed by the Government and has a right to investigate the Trump admin's shady dealings. Donald Trump is the biggest threat to America since the British invaded the US in 1812 and his crimes and treason must be revealed.

Anyone supporting Trunp is a traitor to America and humanity. Everyone here ridiculously accused Obama of "Fundamentally transforming America" for 8 years, which turned out to be completely false. Now Trump is completely transforming our country from a first world nation led by a government of qualified people, to a third world, lawless oligarchy of criminals and foreign agents and everyone here is happy to see him do it.

No one here has any business attacking Mueller, you should all be questioning why you support destroying our nation.

Yess....let the hate flow through you.

Every hateful word you speak drives more and more Democrats away from your party. And, in the long run, that is good for the country.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join