It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Can't Block Critics From His Twitter Account, Judge Says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite
a reply to: TinySickTears
a reply to: Allaroundyou
a reply to: DJW001
a reply to: grey580
a reply to: DerBeobachter
a reply to: PublicOpinion

President Obama Blocked A Meninist Twitter Account

REVENGE: Obama blocks conservative black middle schooler from following him on Twitter!

Meanwhile, where it really mattered:

Report: Obama often blocks press access to information.

Despite President Obama's promises of transparency, the White House blocks routine information for reporters, seeks aggressive prosecution of classified information leakers and uses its own media channels to shape its messaging, according to a scathing new report by the Committee to Protect Journalists.

Authored by former Washington Post executive editor Leonard Downie Jr., the report portrays an administration gripped by strict policies about information flow and paranoid about leaks across all executive branch departments.

"This is the most closed, control freak administration I've ever covered," David E. Sanger, chief Washington correspondent of The New York Times, told Downie, who now teaches journalism at Arizona State University.

But don't let me stop you from letting hypocrisy kick you in the ass.

lol
edit on 24-5-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: Xcalibur254

As a Russian bot, I wonder if the hypocrites at twatter will unblock me?

I'm not sure whether they do enemas or not. Bwahahahaha....

LOL

I have been told I'm full of it from time to time.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Should be simple enough to have someone modify the phone he uses for twitter to continue to hide tweets on his black list. If it's good enough, make it an app to sell in various app stores.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

It’s a stupid ruling by a stupid judge.

Twitter accounts are not persons. On the other hand, persons, even those without a twitter account, can still see the tweets and can still petition the government for redress. The fact that some of the users even started new accounts and are at this time replying to the president’s tweets proves not a single person’s rights were violated, not a single individual was silenced, and it was only their twitter accounts blocked.
edit on 24-5-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's funny coming from you. I thought you were ALL for free speech. There's at least 2 ridiculous threads on this by you stating as much.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

That's funny coming from you. I thought you were ALL for free speech. There's at least 2 ridiculous threads on this by you stating as much.

Yes, and the president’s free speech rights are being violated here.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Are you reading the same thread as the rest of us? He says what he wants. The judge is saying it's the same for others. Can't stifle them. Can't spin that one Sparky.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Oh, I didn't realize in the version of the thread you're reading, these Plaintiffs couldn't tweet. I can see how you say their free speech rights were violated.

edit on 24-5-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Oh, I didn't realize in the version of the thread you're reading, these Plaintiffs couldn't tweet. I can see how you say their free speech rights were violated.

Not me. That's LM contention that he's trying to back out of now that it people critical of Trump.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Are you reading the same thread as the rest of us? He says what he wants. The judge is saying it's the same for others. Can't stifle them. Can't spin that one Sparky.

Yes, and I also read the ruling. Sorry champ, but twitter accounts are not persons.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Yes, and I also read the ruling. Sorry champ, but twitter accounts are not persons.

So Twitter could shut down Trump's account and you'd be OK with that?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

That’s different. The accounts of the users are fully intact.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

That’s different. The accounts of the users are fully intact.

Oh oh, another...

Twisting oneself to make two different argument fit doesn't work and makes one look like a fool.
edit on 24-5-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Is Trump shutting down someone's account? No? Then enjoy your pretzel, because like the judge, you have to twist reality to make anything stick.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

But...but...but Obama!!!oneoneeleven
Makes me wonder why you didn't mention Hillary (yet). I'll wait.

But don't let me stop you from letting hypocrisy kick you in the ass

Well. Let me help to make whataboutisms great again, you need a hand or two for that?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

What Trump shoul;d do is take a leaf out of CNNs book and simply tweet the accounts that he would ordinarily want blocked and let twitter do what twitter does best - doxing and meme tsunamis - if you cant block em, make em famous.

Who knows, maybe the account holders will get the keys to the city as well because Trump.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Or his winged eyeliner and shining to the moon cheek highlighter. With that kissy lip face.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Can I report those abusive replies - and get them banned by Twitter?

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
There used to be a number of trolls posting crap on Trump's twitter but lately I noticed they disappeared. Maybe blocked? Nowadays only pro Trump posts dominate Trump's twitter. Hmm. Makes you wonder.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

No hypocrisy
This thread is about trump
In this thread about trump I am making fun of trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join