It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hello everyone, and thank you for your curiousity. After all, what brought you here was nothing more or less. I ask you, the reader, to hang your hat by the door and listen a moment about a few thoughts Ive had.

I want it clearly stated that this is not a thread to draw lines in the sand over political parties, and I ask you to humbly refrain from drawing your metaphorical pens from their sheathes. Set aside your personal viewpoint and take a moment to consider the possibilities of what has transpired in the last year alone.

According to what we know, the Obama administration began keeping tabs on Trumps activities. While these reasons could have been politically charged I ask you to consider a possibility.

Could they have received word that he was making promises to foreign governments in order to secure his victory?

Mind you, I didn't appove of Obama. Nor did I vote in either election because I didn't care for any of the candidates. I would suggest this because it makes more sense.

The big drama being portrayed with Hillary seems to be a dust up to screen what has become monetarily beneficial to all those who go along with what seems to be a coverup of an election in which a finger was placed on the proverbial scale.

What matters is that we as a people set aside the party nonsense long enough to see that it's never been about parties. It's been about which lobbyist throws the most money, but now there's a president who can hire his own lobbyists.

I implore you to keep things on topic. It is our children who suffer from our irresistible need to fling poo. Thank you for your time!
edit on 24-5-2018 by Knightshadowz because: Tired ol thumbs

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Knightshadowz

How would that go down exactly? How would a foreign nation secure votes for Trump?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Could they have received word that he was making promises to foreign governments in order to secure his victory?

OK, so how did Russia (or any foreign government for that matter) "hack" voting machines that aren't even connected to the internet?

Did they somehow MKUltra everyone who voted for Trump?

This narrative has been parroted over and over for the last two years by the MSM, with absolutely no evidence to back it up. Zero, zip, nada.

Almost like they know if they repeat it enough, people will believe it regardless.

that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

----Hitler

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knightshadowz

I think it's in the realm of possibilities. Regardless of all the overwrought hyperbole people use when talking about the events currently unfolding in D.C., it's not even without historical precedent.

There's rumors that Reagan had made promises of weapons and the release of funds frozen by the US to the Iranians so they wouldn't free the hostages until after the election to prevent Carter from getting a boost in the polls.

Iran released the hostages 20 minutes after Reagan was inaugurated.

Wikipedia
One of the leading national issues during that year was the release of 52 Americans being held hostage in Iran since November 4, 1979.[1] Reagan won the election. On the day of his inauguration—in fact, 20 minutes after he concluded his inaugural address—the Islamic Republic of Iran announced the release of the hostages. The timing gave rise to an allegation that representatives of Reagan'citizensidential campaign had conspired with Iran to delay the release until after the election to thwart President Carter from pulling off an "October surprise".

Nixon held up peace talks in Vietnam to prevent Hubert Humphrey from getting a PR win:

Smithsonian
For decades, rumors have swirled that Richard Nixon’s presidential campaign had interfered in the Vietnam peace negotiations by sending a messages through Nixon aide Anna Chennault to the South Vietnamese embassy and on to President Nguyen van Thieu. The Nixon campaign, it was rumored, promised the South Vietnamese bigger concessions if they waited to negotiate peace until after Nixon was elected. The idea was to not give President Lyndon Johnson and Humphrey a PR victory by suspending the war before the election.

Now, political biographer John Farrell, writing in The New York Times’ opinion section this weekend, reports that handwritten notes from Nixon’s future White House Chief of Staff, H.R. Haldeman show evidence that the 36th president tried to secretly influence the peace talks while still a presidential candidate and a private citizen.

Nixon actually did commit treason and "the smoking gun" wasn't discovered till decades later.

So ya, presidential campaigns have conspired with foreign powers to influence our elections before.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

I love reading your ridiculous posts about how there is no way Russia did anything but here is something you should read.

dni.gov

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Wait...so the Bushes and Clintons couldn’t afford to pay their own lobbyists? Really? For someone who asked others to put down their partisan pens, you sure went right to a defense of HRC and attacked Trump based on a speculation. While your intent may have been pure, your text was as partisan as the rest of the HRC apologists and the anti-Trumpers. Elections have become choosing the lesser of two evils and who might do less damage to the US and her founding principles (US Constitution and Bill of Rights). At this point, most Democrats are vocalizing going on the opposite direction of those documents...but I give them credit for not hiding their agendas, though they’ve started to try.

Perhaps something more like this?

Lyrics

You might be a young man with the mountain in his step
In search of El Dorado, but you haven't found it yet
Or you might be an old man with his whole life at his back
And you can hear eternity whispering down the track
Or maybe you're a woman, or just about to be
And you can feel the generations swimming in your sea
But you know that it's coming, as surely as the dawn
The battle for the future, baby, which side are you on?
Come on come on come on if you're coming
Come on come on come on
Which side are you on?
Battle lines are drawn
Which side - which side are you on?
Which side?
The corporations attacking
The natural world - drilling and fracking
All done with the backing of the craven and corrupt
Or the ones who fight
For the Earth with all their might
And in the name of all that's right
Confront and disrupt
There's a restlessness out in the street there's a question in the air
How long if this theft goes on will our country still be here?
People know the game is rigged even as they play
They see their expectations slowly slip away
They've got subsidies for billionaires, there's a bailout for the banks
A monopoly on medicine, and a sale on armored tanks
The whole damned country's being sold - out that revolving door
Between Washington and Wall Street like it's one big Dollar Store
Come on come on come on
Which side are you on?
Battle lines are drawn
Which side?
The bankers and their special friends
Who rob you time and again
Who like to pretend they're the only game in town
Or the people who
Hope with everything they do
They can build something new
And turn this world around
Who owns the elections? Who profits either way?
Who ends up with all that money politicians pay?
To be the fearless leader, to put themselves across
To be the one entrusted with the profit and the loss
You try hard to believe that when you cast your vote it counts
But elections are won with money in ever larger amounts
Take the money out of politics and maybe we might see
This country turn back into something more like democracy
Come on come on come on
Which side are you on?
Battle lines are drawn

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Almost forgot, didn’t HRC spend north of 1 Billion (with a B) dollars on the election she lost? Pretty sure that came from a LOT of lobbyists.

Trump spent a few hundred grand (maybe a million) and played the main stream media like a fiddle. Whose in whose pockets?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I love reading your ridiculous posts about how there is no way Russia did anything but here is something you should read.

I would say that I love reading your ridiculous posts that somehow Russia got Trump elected.

But at this point, it's really just sad and pathetic.

And the link you posted even says that this "cyber" meddling (notice how they changed it from collusion to meddling) did absolutely nothing to interfere with election results.

Guess ya conveniently missed that part though.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well somebody screwed something up didn't they.

We have the agencies saying they were inside the Trump Campaign because of "Russians".

Then we have the same agencies claiming the Russians hacked the DNC system at the same time.

Rhodes Scholar Awards due any day.

A bigger fumble.cluck could not happen if they planned it.

😎🚬🤷👋

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

How would that go down exactly? How would a foreign nation secure votes for Trump?

Buy stock in a Soros owned vote machine "maintenance and calibration" company.

😎🚬

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Hmm well seeing how I have never said that Russia got him elected tells me that you actually don’t pay attention and have no idea of what my ideology is. And yes I know it says meddling. “This is known”

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I love reading your ridiculous posts about how there is no way Russia did anything

So what did they do?

Your source even says that they had a few more anti American ads air on RT, they bought alot of adspace for pro/anti Trump and pro/anti Hillary but even the report says they spent no more than they do in any of their former satellites.

Still nothing in the way of any evidence that they swayed a single American vote, but keep clutching at those straws.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Many ads on this thread, perhaps you can find the ones that "swayed" "meddled" "colluded" or whichever verb you prefer nowadays to get people to vote the man into office?

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone for your insights thus far, and also take a moment to speculate further.

The biggest problem with a lie is that once it's been told you're faced with staying ahead of it far enough to prevent revelation. Now, I before I continue this line of thought I would respectfully request that you bear in mind my stance. I do not support a political party because they only serve to further their own agendas and never what is best for the people as a whole to better quality of life.

That being said, I am looking at this from the standpoint of neutrality without ANY politically driven notion. Now, there are many ways to subvert the outcome of elections. Be it espionage, disinformation, monetary payouts for political support along with many other means to which I don't care to take the time to list.

My point is that this entire charade was a farce from the start, and that we as a people need to be objective about what has transpired. Money itself seems to be the biggest issue in this country, and what makes that problem even more nauseating is that we live in an age now where we have the ability through technology to provide for all.

Each person should be driven to learn about whatever interests them, and in that freedom we as a people will mature. Our knowledge about this universe would expand and we would finally break free of the chains binding us to working our entire lives to earn paper dollars.

Space is the final destination for our people, and greed in this country is what is holding us back. Groups like republicans and democrats constantly bickering, and seeking to seize power only to further the gains of those with vested interests. We need to ponder the possibilities, and stop living in fear.

Fear is a choice. A very easy choice to make when pressed. It takes men of moral conscience and understanding, free of immoral influences like financial gain or favor, to truly be an American. No price could have bought those who signed their names boldly on the Declaration of Independence.

Are you bought and paid for?

This is what it means to be an American.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

I love reading your ridiculous posts about how there is no way Russia did anything

So what did they do?

Your source even says that they had a few more anti American ads air on RT, they bought alot of adspace for pro/anti Trump and pro/anti Hillary but even the report says they spent no more than they do in any of their former satellites.

Still nothing in the way of any evidence that they swayed a single American vote, but keep clutching at those straws.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Many ads on this thread, perhaps you can find the ones that "swayed" "meddled" "colluded" or whichever verb you prefer nowadays to get people to vote the man into office?

I am not grasping at straws just citing facts. You seem to ignore them. I can tell you are a die hard Trump supporter so just come out and say that you don’t give two craps about any of this Russian or any other entity meddling in our election process. If not here is another link to an article you can read.

factcheck.org article

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

No they (I) don't care about Russia meddling.

Know why?

Fake FB posts are clearly fake. Pokemon GO wasn't a huge hit with conservatives.

Now for the opposite side of the coin.

Obama was over in the UK attempting to shout down Brexit. Also our very own CIA.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I am not grasping at straws just citing facts.

And none of the facts you posted mean anything. Hows that Mueller probe coming along?

Two years, 20 million dollars, biggest nothingburger ever.

I can tell you are a die hard Trump supporter so just come out and say that you don’t give two craps about any of this Russian or any other entity meddling in our election process.

Seeing as how they did not spend any more money, or do anything that they don't normally do in any of their former satellite country elections, I'd say its not a problem like you people seem to want it to be. I could care less about Russian media running pro/anti Trump/Hillary messages. This report even admitted there is no way to prove that Russia influenced a single vote. Did you even read the link you posted?

I am far more concerned about the fake news media in the US influencing people to believing nonsense like this with lies and half spun truths.

Your posts are a prime example. Operation Mockingbird is still in effect for you (and many others) I suppose.

edit on 25-5-2018 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

join