- The deck marketings somewhat different to Kuznetsov, but it appears the places where aircraft can take-off from are similar.
- "Something" on flight deck between the jet blast deflectors, this was present on Kuznetsov.
- Phased array radars pointing in all directions. They are not obviously dual-band but it could be the case. Kuznetsov had phased arrays too.
- Some kind of phased array on the top of the mast, on 001 this was still present and rotates, also present on Kuznetsov.
- Wind and direction systems on the island
- Bunch of antennas in domes on the island
- CCTV cameras as expected
- HF whip antennas on island and some higher frequency antennas.
- Strange looking antenna below the aft-port phased array above the air operations room or whatever they call it.
- Arresting wires clearly fitted for but not with.
- Some kind of optical system (IRST?) on the forward most point of the island, above the bridge. More are at the back on the port and starboard
- lifesaving rafts all along starboard side.
- Aicraft elevator fwd and aft of island.
- SeaRAM equvialents, but no CIWS equivalent. Two are on the starboard side next to the island, only count one on the starboard side but I expect at
least one more. Kuznetsov has these.
- What is that rotary looking launcher aft of the SeaRAM, aft of the landing zone, on the port side? There's another on the port side and maybe more.
Torpedoes? I think Kuznetsov has these.
- What's with all the rectangular structures on the flight deck with yellow and black stripes?
- Air ventilation intakes on sides of island.
- Observation "thing" on starboard side next to where arresting wires should be related to flight deck movements.
- Tie down points all over the deck as expected.
I don't see anything unexpected. Also since it's initial sea-trials, I would expect the majority of it to related to the ship itself, not air
operations or radar and so forth. The ship will rarely be anywhere close to fully complete at initial sea trials. In other words, the flight deck,
external communications, and weapons systems are probably only "mostly" complete.
edit on 26/5/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)