It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clappers claim that FBI was trying to protect trump campaign is wrong

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

“What they were trying to do was protect our political system and protect the campaign,” he said.

“Was the FBI spying on Trump’s campaign?” co-host Joy Behar asked Clapper.

“No, they were not,” he replied. “They were spying, a term I don’t particularly like, on what the Russians were doing, trying to understand, were the Russians infiltrating?”

Behar responded, “So why doesn’t he like that? He should be happy.”

“Well, he should be,” responded Clapper.

dailycaller.com...

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper denied on Wednesday that the FBI sought to spy on President Trump's campaign, saying that the bureau used an informant to "determine what the Russians were up to."

"The intent though … was not to spy on the campaign, but rather to determine what the Russians were up to," Clapper said on PBS's "NewsHour."

"Were they trying to penetrate the campaign, gain access, gain leverage, gain influence?" he continued. "That was the concern the FBI had, and I think they were just doing their job in trying to protect out political system."

thehill.com...

If anyone had any doubts of how shady and unethical the intel community is, look no further than Clappers claims here about how the informant (spy) they placed was an attempt to help protect trumps campaign and just to get info on russians.

This claim is so obviously a lie that it seems that it doesnt even need to be addressed. But as Miss Jopy behar did there, many members of the media are running with this line.

So lets make it real simple.

Apparently, the intel community just wanted to protect the trump campaign. SO instead of saying "Mr. Trump, we are worried russians are trying to infiltrate your campaign. We will be working with you to make sure this doesnt happen and our election is not interfered with any more than already has occured"

They decide to go with saying NOTHING to trump, and instead placing an informant (spy) that is asking Papadopoulos questions like "How about those stolene emails?" in an attemnpt to help protect trump.

What garbage!

And btw, this trend continued.

Remember when Clapper leaked details of the odssier to jake tapper, then told Comey to breif details of the dossier to trump, because he was trying to protect trump for the dossier being leaked? And then one of the few high up intel people who knew of the breifing leaked that to cnn, who then used that meeting as the very hook they needed to run that story?

Well even in that breifing, did comey say "Mr. Trump, we have a dossier that says that some of your people may be comrpimised by russians. You need to be extremely careful, and we will help yopu route out these possible infiltartors. In addition, this dossier has pee stories..."

Nope. Still apparently trying to "protect" trump, they failed to let him know they thought russians were comrpomising his team

Now given this, what makes more sense (espceially given how we now know how many of the heads of the intel community hated trump)

The intel community was spying on trump to "protect" him, or they were spying on trump with hopes of being able to bust him.

ANd if clapper is so flippant and lying about this, and many in the media are so willing to by it, why should we trust there other beliefs when it comes to possible corruption of the intel community?
edit on 23-5-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So he was Director of National Intelligence and he doesn't like the term "spying".

BwaaaaaHaHaHa

He will however, fool millions of people who have their mouths wide open in AWE.

🎻

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I know it's difficult for some folks to grasp but Trump at the time was and is still a citizen, an American.

As Clapper describes is a direct violation of his 4th amendment rights.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Copy/Paste below:

Obama's Director of National Intelligence, JAMES CLAPPER, just admitted that there was at least 1 SPY infiltrating the Trump campaign.

But the overall spying efforts were to protect candidate Trump from the Russians.

If this is true, why didn't anyone in the Intel community notify the Trump campaign, so they could keep their guards up?

It's standard procedure to brief the target...to make him/her aware.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The sad part is that Nunes and Gowdy say that they don't expect to learn the answers to much of anything at their DOJ meeting tomorrow. Not as long as Rosenstein is in charge.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well, if it were as Clapper said and the FBI was just trying to make sure that Trump was not a Russian plant, I would say that was alright. But it by no means ended there, there were leaks of information and a false dossier that happened and a disruption of our government for a very long time. That was wrong and their actions cannot be tolerated. The FBI is supposed to be an agency that is secure, not an agency that leaks out info that is misused by the media and one political party that the leaders of the FBI are in league with. That seems like treasonous activity and we should deal with it finding which people are responsible.
edit on 23-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Oh here we go wait until the insane asylum picks this one up

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Copy/Paste below:

Obama's Director of National Intelligence, JAMES CLAPPER, just admitted that there was at least 1 SPY infiltrating the Trump campaign.

But the overall spying efforts were to protect candidate Trump from the Russians.

If this is true, why didn't anyone in the Intel community notify the Trump campaign, so they could keep their guards up?

Well they didn't want to interfere with the election and campaign efforts right ?

What other possible reason could it be ?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I think at this point in time the best thing for them to do is come clean tell the truth and ask for mercy . If not then book em dano .

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Copy/Paste below:

Actually, there was a meeting in early 2016.

It turns out that, in “late spring” 2016, the FBI’s then-director James Comey briefed the principals of the National Security Council on “the Page information.” As the Washington Examiner’s Byron York observes in a perceptive column today, NSC principals are an administration’s highest-ranking national-security officials. In Obama’s National Security Council, the president was the chairman, and among the regular attendees were the vice-president (Joe Biden), the national-security adviser (Susan Rice), and the director of national intelligence (James Clapper). The heads of such departments and agencies as the Justice Department (Attorney General Loretta Lynch) and the CIA (Director John Brennan) could also be invited to attend NSC meetings if matters of concern to them were to be discussed. They did.

The real origination of the Trump investigation.

Oddly enough, nobody bothered to inform Trump of the possibility of a Russian angle.

REALLY odd that instead of informing him, they instead sent in a "spy".

Really REALLY odd that they did not also send a spy into the Hillary campaign.

You know, since she was going to win and it was quite possible there was a "Russian" angle there too.

Nope.. they set Trump up.

edit on 23-5-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I wonder if Trump can get out of any claims of obstruction for firing comey by just saying

"Oh I fired comey because I was trying to protect him! I heard there were corrupt people at the FBI, and I didnt want him to get caught up in it!"

Or perhaps trump can protect Hillary and the dnc by placing government paid "informants" to make sure russians dont hack any of there stuff or get close to them.

And you know, maybe in the course of this protection, Trumps team can unmask people from the dnc and leak details to the media, that would be some super double protection!

I am sure the media will applaud Trump for being such a good spirited man that he is protecting all of his political opponents!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

""could also be invited to attend NSC meetings if matters of concern to them were to be discussed.""

I'm sure they had Q-uite a few "Meetings" that were "matters of concern" around that time.

🤷🤦‍♀️

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

They didn't just set him up. They fabricated "evidence" then lied to the courts then took away his 4th amendment rights then leaked all the fabricated "evidence" to the press in an attempt to destroy trump, even after he had become president. That sounds like criminal conspiracy, libel and treason to me. The lot of them should be charged, tried and if found guilty, capital punishment. You don't do this kind of crap and get away with it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Clapper on the View?
Wow it doesn’t get any more unhinged Leftist than that.
Anybody that takes what this known perjurer says as gospel, they should be put in a rubber room permanently.
If Clapper’s lips are moving, he is telling lies.
edit on 23-5-2018 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

You know ....Clapper is a known liar and so maybe he is just lying . Maybe we can apply that whole broken clock analogy in this case but what this should tell us all is that they lied ,they got caught and have no other way out but to double down with yet more lies ....tick tock ding ding .

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
And now in an special message to the American people, President Donald Trump

"My fellow Americans.

There has been a lot of discussion about the Russians interfeing in our election. While there is some debate on the extent of it, and what exactly their goal was, the intelligence agencies agree that the Russians were interested in getting as much dirt as possible from all sides.

Claims that I or anyone from my campiagn colluded with Russia are not true. However, I recently learned through former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper that one of the reasons the Russians didnt have more success was because the intelligence agencies were placing informants around my campaign, in addition to using intelligence letters to get phone records of people in my campaign, and even getting fisa warrants on members of my campaign, all without informing me.

All of this, as Mr. Clapper so eloquently put it, was to protect my campaign. I would like to thank Mr. Clapper and the rest of the intelligence agencies responsible for this for having my campaigns best interests at heart, and protecting my campaign in this very thorough manner.

Sadly, it seems likely that Russia will continue to try to interfere with future elections in our great country.

Therefore, in the spirit of bipartisanship and reciprocity, I would like to announce that I, Donald J. Trump, will be placing government informants all throughout the Democratic party and their teams!

I am doing this show of good faith in order to both protect theDemocrats, and let them know how much I value them and care about their safety and well being.

But I wont stop at informants. As Clapper and the intelligence agencies have shown us, we need to be more diligent in our protections.

So I will also seek FISA warrants to spy on members of the DNC and their associates, seek intelligence papers to get their phone records, unmask what is heard in these conversations, and relax intelligence sharing regulations so that all of the information gathered can be easily spread all around my government agencies.

I know this may come as a surprise to some members of the press who believe I have been divisive towards Democrats, but after seeing how some of them praised Clapper and the intelligence community for protecting my campaign with these measures, I knew that they would applaud our administration following their lead and protecting our Democratic friends.

I look forward to starting this protection immediately.

May God bless the United States of America"

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Ah to heck with it, Im making another thread.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I'm beginning to get the idea that Seth Rich was being used by the DNC to leak out email to WikiLeaks, then turn around and inform Trump about what was in the e-mails. Seth might have found out about this and threatened to release it to the public. BANG BANG Failed robbery.

This whole thing is dirty.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
THIS JUST IN!!!! It turns out, the Access Hollywood tape of trump was edited! The transcript of the full quote has now been released!

"You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful... I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything. To protect them"

Mind blown! The media will no doubt put him up for feminists awards now!
edit on 23-5-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Is it possible they were spying on him to sabotage and neutralize his campaign by knowing his secret campaign moves and private intentions?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join