It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi, Schumer Urge DOJ and FBI to Hold Bipartisan Gang of Eight Briefing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Pelosi and Schumer are URGING DOJguy Rod Rosenstein to NOT give up the classified stuff set to be shown to a few Congress guys who have been harping them for months already.

Apparently Trump gave the go-ahead for Thurs May 24th as "D-Day" !!

Nachy and Shucks want a wider view and a "Gang of 8" deal 😁

Bitter jealousy and extreme collapse imminent !! 😎

The.Sun.is.Bright.and.Right in their eyes.

Pelosi, Schumer Urge DOJ and FBI to Hold Bipartisan Gang of Eight Briefing on Sensitive Documents in Place of Partisan Meeting

Today, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer urged Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Chris Wray to abandon plans to hold a meeting between DOJ and FBI officials and Republican members of Congress to discuss highly sensitive information related to Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation. In a letter to Rosenstein and Wray, the leaders urged the Justice Department officials not to go forward with the meeting, but said that if DOJ was intent on proceeding, they should host a Gang of Eight briefing in place of a partisan meeting.

“This meeting is completely improper in its proposed form and would set a damaging precedent for our institutions and the rule of law. We can think of no legitimate oversight justification for the ex parte dissemination – at the direction of the president – of investigative information to the president’s staunchest defenders in Congress and, ultimately, to the president’s legal defense team,” the leaders wrote.

The leaders continued, “We urge you to reconsider holding this meeting. However, if you have determined in your best judgment that Justice Department participation in the meeting is the only way to prevent this situation from devolving into an outright constitutional crisis, then we believe you must insist on the only appropriate mechanism for highly sensitive briefings that might implicate intelligence sources and methods – a bipartisan Gang of Eight briefing that involves congressional leadership from both chambers.”

Nancie Prancie needs to dig up her old slogan from 2006 and 2007 .....

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I want military tribunals. Thats not partisan.

If I were in charge, Nancy Pelosi would be water boarded until she revealed what she knows about the Seth Rich murder. She is the one to push on that front. She is dealing with lots of guilt over the matter.

As far as what she has to say here, no. She should be ignored.

edit on 5 23 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

And I want Trump and his family to be hung for treason. Hope we both get our wish.

+8 more 
posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

And I want Trump and his family to be hung for treason. Hope we both get our wish.

What overt activity warrants "Treason"? Are you sure you know what that word means?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think the reasoning behind keeping Schumer and Pelosit out of the
meeting is very solid. They are part of SPYGATE.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I want military tribunals. Thats not partisan.

If I were in charge, Nancy Pelosi would be water boarded until she revealed what she knows about the Seth Rich murder. She is the one to push on that front. She is dealing with lots of guilt over the matter.

As far as what she has to say here, no. She should be ignored.

Advocating the torture of American citizens based on a conspiracy theory is horrifying.

What is wrong with you?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

so they are using a premise of Trumps guilt to with hold information from the public?

+9 more 
posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Careful now...the winds blow the other way you will get Obama and his family hung.

Why on Earth would you include "and his family"? How bitter does one have to be to want to hang innocent children because they don't like the father???

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

What overt activity warrants "Treason"? Are you sure you know what that word means?

Surely it was treasonous to deny our appointed, anointed Queen of the Universe, Her Majesticnous Madame Clinton to ascend to her rightful place as the Holy Emperor of the USA?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Why on Earth would you include "and his family"? How bitter does one have to be to want to hang innocent children because they don't like the father???

Takes a pretty twisted mind to want to kill the children because you hate the father...

Thats really all I got, Texan you phrased it a lot better than I would have.

======================
ETA: On topic, of course they want information suppressed odds are high Pelosi and schumer were hip deep in any decision making with this.
edit on 23-5-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Careful now...the winds blow the other way you will get Obama and his family hung.

It's what you do in a dictatorship.

Duh.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Even if you felt that way...

Why would you memorialize thoughts of killing politicians,

On the World Wide Web ?

Dumb

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If the DOJ gives Nunes and Gowdy what they've been asking for, for months, Rosenstein will have to recuse himself from the Mueller investigation.

If the DOJ does not, Rosenstein will be fired.

I believe that is what President Trump spelled out to him this past Monday, during their Oval Office meeting.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Perhaps they wil still be referred to as the gang of eight, when they are cooling their heels in Leavenworth. The only reason to keep secrets is because the Democrats are hiding some thing. Some thing hideous.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Even if you felt that way...

Why would you memorialize thoughts of killing politicians,

On the World Wide Web ?

Dumb

To be fair, I have openly advocated for having Hillary get stung by a jelly fish so I could save her.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
President Trump praised Rod Rosenstein, while in Long Island today.
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Only if it's an irukandji!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So, it appears she is worried what these documents will say and how they will hurt the Democratic agenda.

Screw her, this committee needs to see the documents and also if they do show Obama was trying to sabotage the Republicans, then something needs to be done about that.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Share to Google+

Bowing to pressure, White House to host bipartisan briefing on Russia investigation
© Getty Images

The White House is planning a separate meeting for bipartisan House and Senate leaders to receive classified information related to the Russia investigation, bowing to pressure over a decision to exclude Democrats from a highly anticipated Thursday briefing.

White House spokesman Raj Shah said the group, known as the Gang of Eight, will huddle with officials representing the Justice Department, law enforcement and intelligence “following the Memorial Day recess.”

The plans, which were first reported by ABC News, were also confirmed to The Hill by a congressional source.

Shah said in a statement that Thursday’s planned meeting with only House Republicans “will proceed as previously scheduled.” That meeting is expected to cover the use of a confidential informant in the early months of the FBI’s counterintelligence investigation of the Trump campaign.

thehill.com...

Looks like the gang of 8 gets their meeting next week, but tomorrows meeting goes off as previously scheduled.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join