It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Wire DESTROYS Caputo 'Second Informant' Story

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think as far as I am concerned this story seems to be closed.

The reporting seems pretty clear to me that this was just an individual (the contractor) who was suggesting the NSA probably had Hillary emails, and Trump team should look in to it.

Two questions still remain for me.

1. Why didnt Mueller team, or either of the congressional investigations look into this (or maybe they did and caputo was wrong about that)

2. Did caputo just misread the situation, or did he intentional try to spread garbage to get publicity or smear mueller?

But I tip my cap to you, i think this story seems legit to me, and I will link it on jy thread on the original story.

Who was this contractor and why would he seemingly know that the agency had her emails? It opens other questions. I'm not totally buying the Caputo thing, or any of it, but when questions are raised they need to be answered regardless of the source.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Daily Wire is fairly new (2015) and fairly far to the right (it's Ben Shapiro's site after all). Kinda like a Daily Caller but with less reporters and more opinion but not to the point of Hannityism or straight up fake news.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Not real.... Why?

Because Ben Shapiro said so.

Ill be waiting for the next time you assert speculation as fact from the Daily Wire.

But its more than that.

The daily wire reached out to all thre parties involved, and read the messages.

When confronted with their investigation, Caputo admitted that it may have just been a misunderstanding, a far cry from his bluster that people would be wearing orange jump suits.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
And this has zero to do with the IG investigation and the Mueller investigation.

Just more fluff and stuff.

Well its a direct response to a thread I did that I thought was a serious matter.

And many people flagged that and commented they agreed.

So i think this thread is damn good, and welcome it basically debunking my orginal thread.

To me, thats what makes ATS great.

Ante takes a lot of crap (most of it warranted :ham
but I always appreciate him because he challenges me to make sure my thoughts are correct.

In this case, I think he is right (though to be fair, I included ion my thread I didnt know if caputo was teklling the truth)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I have a feeling he is right about something

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I listen to shapiro a lot.

Believe it or not, he is far more centrists on the trump russia and "spygate" thing.

He doesnt think there is any evidence of trump russia collusion OR nefarious actions of weaponizing the intel community against trump (which I disagree with)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Got it, well thanks.

I think Caputo is telling the truth, he also said clearly he went back
to the House and revealed all, and they were not interested.

*shrugs again*

I think I know the reason they were not interested, but I will
hold off for now until more comes out about a certain UK professor.

As always, follow where the facts lead.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Who's to say that the government contractor was telling the truth? Wouldn't he have signed a non disclosure? I see one person's word over another. We will know soon enough.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: imthegoat

There's more in the article:

The government contractor told The Daily Wire that the information he had heard about some of Clinton's missing emails came from a business meeting that he had while he was trying to drum up business for a private sector tech company. The missing emails came up in casual conversation with another man, in which the subject of the 2016 election was briefly mentioned. The man that the contractor met with suggested that Clinton's missing emails could contain more damaging information in them than people realized.

Some guy told him that the NSA had the "missing emails" from Clinton's server. He might have even heard it from yet another person. I assume there was some detail ("dude said he totally saw them!") that made it sound more believable.

Later, he mentioned it to Caputo's friend Kirk Bell at a Kentucky Derby party filled with politicos and contractors no doubt (at a Democrat's home).

Kirk Bell then told Caputo. At any rate, the correspondences have been read/confirmed by the author and they don't show what Caputo was saying on TV. They show the contractor suggesting that the NSA might have the documents, not offering them — which completely contradicts what Caputo was insinuating (later declaring).

This should give you some further idea of what was going on here:

The government contractor reached back out to Bell on July 31, 2016, and informed Bell of a Breitbart report that claimed that NSA had Clinton's emails, and suggested that the Trump campaign should look into it.

He didn't have them, he didn't know how to get them or if they were a real thing. He's reading Breitbart and telling Bell they should check that # out.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Caputo never spoke to the man. From his accounts, he never even offered to give them anything. He told them that they should look into getting "Clinton's missing emails" because he'd heard from somebody that the NSA had them.

[emphasis supplied]

From CNN's own reporting, which given it's content is ironically entitled: "How cocktail party chatter led a Trump ally to claim a 'deep state' conspiracy":

"I made no offer. I did not entice these people. I just made a cocktail party statement that is now conflated into 'I am a spy,'" the contractor said.

Of course, people engaged in malfeasance are unlikely to claim anything other than their innocence. But let's see what he says he actually did:

The saga began in early May 2016, when one of Caputo's longtime colleagues, Kirk Bell, met the government contractor at a Washington, DC-area Kentucky Derby party, according to sources familiar with the exchange and text messages reviewed by CNN. Bell said he would soon be going to work for Trump and the contractor suggested the Trump campaign pursue sources connected to the US intelligence community for damaging information on Clinton.

The contractor claimed to have seen emails that were allegedly part of the thousands Clinton deleted from her private email server. The contractor further claimed they were circulating among the US intelligence community -- even though they had purportedly been deleted -- and showed unsavory interactions between top State Department aides under then-Secretary of State Clinton and top aides at the Clinton Global Initiative. The missives allegedly suggested a pay-to-play relationship.

It was an enticing suggestion, and Bell relayed his exchange to Caputo, who was already working for Trump.

In his exchanges with Bell, the contractor suggested the campaign target members of the intelligence community, particularly in IT.

"There's a lot of DNI and NSA lower level folks that may be open to 'leaking' a copy. Maybe even FBI. Just a thought," the contractor said in mid-May, adding, "The Clinton Global Initiative emails are not 'classified'. So no issue there."

So what this contractor, CNN, you, and others are now conveniently calling 'cocktail chatter' doesn't even remotely stand up to the contractor's text messages to Bell. He clearly was encouraging them to approach low level agency IT people to induce them to break the law.

Given what we are now learning about Stefan Halper, it's not unreasonable to assume something is amiss here as well.

If we can believe the contractor's current statements that he made "no offer" or "did not entice these people", the latter is certainly not true.

What remains to be seen is whether this contractor is just an idiot or was he something far more?

If Caputo had made any attempt to follow up with the contractor's suggestion, we'd be having an entirely different discussion about how Trump and team were trying to get agency employees to break the law.

Fortunately, Caputo ran as fast as he could. Something an honest person would do. In fact, Caputo's response to the contractor was that he go through proper whistleblower channels. Imagine that.

Not surprised in the least you're so ready to slime Caputo. It's so your M.O.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Excellent post!

So ironically, we have a right wing source that makes Caputo look worse than the left wing source.

So this can tractor claims to have seen some of the 3 thousand deleted emails, and thinks they are worse than people think.

That in its own right is worth investigating.

It’s also clear he was telling Caputo and bell to try to get leaks

This alone warrants an investigation into this man, and if he has not been investigated, it’s ridiculous

I now think it is possible this man was trying to set up Caputo though certainly there is no proof

However, I think you are right.

Had Caputo or bell followed up this contractors suggestion, no doubt this would be used as proof that trumps team was illegally seeking Hillary’s emails

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The daily wire reached out to all thre parties involved, and read the messages.

When confronted with their investigation, Caputo admitted that it may have just been a misunderstanding, a far cry from his bluster that people would be wearing orange jump suits.

Caputo is a man swept into a spurious investigation that has left him in financial ruin. When he made his Orange jumpsuit comment, you have to remember he did not have the benefit of knowing the contractor's current statements, which may not even be true. What he did have was the breaking Stefan Halper story and, at a minimum, the contractor's previous encouragements to acquire the emails via illegal means.

The fact Caputo is leaving open the possibility now that the contractor was just an idiot says to me that Caputo is an honest broker. Something he should be lauded and not derided for, imo.
edit on 23-5-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I read a lot from Shapiro on Twitter (a few people I follow are always debating with him), see him sometimes on panels on news shows and I've read some of his writing. I think he has terrible takes on most issues personally but he's not unhinged like a Hannity.

That said, I agree with the thrust of how you describe his takes on Russian collusion and this "weaponizing" thing.

I have seen nothing to indicate that Trump conspired with the Russians during the election to benefit his campaign. I won't say that I'm confident that nobody did but I'm not holding my breath either. (Manafort is still most likely if anyone) I am of the opinion that Papadopoulos was being courted/probed by the SVR. Did you see the one post where I laid out the rest of that including the "MFA connection?"

As for the FBI/IC, I don't believe that there's any evidence of a conspiracy against Trump either.

IMO, a lot of people are going to be disappointed when the dust settles on both sides. As long as there are indictments for the hacking, I won't be.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I don’t want to say this post is 1984. This post has more spinn then a Houston Astro’s pitxher’s Fastball.

So saying two spies is crazy talk, and anyone who thinks that should feel ashamed.

Kind of changes the focus of, there WAS a spy in a political camagain, sent by the opposite political
party,

This is like you excuse your spouse of cheating in a three-some and their reply is laughing and mocking you because, they didn’t cheat on you in a threesome, it was only with one person.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

a reply to: imthegoat

There's more in the article:

The government contractor told The Daily Wire that the information he had heard about some of Clinton's missing emails came from a business meeting that he had while he was trying to drum up business for a private sector tech company. The missing emails came up in casual conversation with another man, in which the subject of the 2016 election was briefly mentioned. The man that the contractor met with suggested that Clinton's missing emails could contain more damaging information in them than people realized.

Some guy told him that the NSA had the "missing emails" from Clinton's server. He might have even heard it from yet another person. I assume there was some detail ("dude said he totally saw them!") that made it sound more believable.

Later, he mentioned it to Caputo's friend Kirk Bell at a Kentucky Derby party filled with politicos and contractors no doubt (at a Democrat's home).

Kirk Bell then told Caputo. At any rate, the correspondences have been read/confirmed by the author and they don't show what Caputo was saying on TV. They show the contractor suggesting that the NSA might have the documents, not offering them — which completely contradicts what Caputo was insinuating (later declaring).

This should give you some further idea of what was going on here:

The government contractor reached back out to Bell on July 31, 2016, and informed Bell of a Breitbart report that claimed that NSA had Clinton's emails, and suggested that the Trump campaign should look into it.

He didn't have them, he didn't know how to get them or if they were a real thing. He's reading Breitbart and telling Bell they should check that # out.

Is there any proof this contractor is speaking the truth? Or does the article play the he said/she said game? What makes this contractor more trustworthy than Caputo? What proof is shown that this contractor isnt just covering his ass for potential leak of assumed classified information? What proof is there that this isnt just partisan politics yet again?

Not trying to devalue your OP by any means, but the article does little to offer substantial proof that this unnamed contractor is anymore trustworthy than capito, or anyone else for that matter. So should we just take the contractors word for it, just because Caputo is who he is?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

That in its own right is worth investigating.

It’s also clear he was telling Caputo and bell to try to get leaks

This alone warrants an investigation into this man, and if he has not been investigated, it’s ridiculous

Exactly.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

So what this contractor, CNN, you, and others are now conveniently calling 'cocktail chatter' doesn't even remotely stand up to the contractor's text messages to Bell. He clearly was encouraging them to approach low level agency IT people to induce them to break the law.

He was suggesting in general terms where they might look for somebody to leak these emails.

Given what we are now learning about Stefan Halper, it's not unreasonable to assume something is amiss here as well.

There's nothing "we're learning about Halper" that looks particularly nefarious from what I've seen.

If we can believe the contractor's current statements that he made "no offer" or "did not entice these people", the latter is certainly not true.

Entice them? Is this like entrapment light? He made a suggestion about something they could try if they wanted to find these alleged "missing emails."

What remains to be seen is whether this contractor is just an idiot or was he something far more?

Of course it will *always* "remain to be seen" because no right-wing conspiracy has ever been disproved ever. At the end of the day, it always comes down to "prove this DIDN'T happen" which is all but impossible.

[quote Fortunately, Caputo ran as fast as he could. Something an honest person would do. In fact, Caputo's response to the contractor was that he go through proper whistleblower channels. Imagine that.

Not surprised in the least you're so ready to slime Caputo. It's so your M.O.

Is it "so [my] M.O.?" Lmao. Sticks and stones. Also, you apparently missed the discrepancy between Caputo on Cavuto and Caputo on Ingraham and Caputo to Daily Wire and reality.

Caputo spun a yarn that did not comport with the facts. He said that the guy was trying to get the emails to him. That wasn't true at all. Period. The guy didn't HAVE anything. I thought I was being gracious considering the embellishment and outright false things Caputo said and implied.

Now you're trying to shift this to a new conspiracy about "enticing" them to ask around so that you don't have to stop believing. Ah, but that's just "your M.O."

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Oh good grief. The ever mutating conspiracy.

Okay, here's what Kirk Bell said to Caputo:

"I am trying to find hard copies, but that is really going to be tough," Bell said in a text message to Caputo. "I have my people out there looking."

Sunk. So if it was some sort of plot to get them to look for them, it worked. Yet the only way we heard about it was from Caputo.

And also:

Caputo expressed interest in speaking with the contractor directly, and Bell passed along the appropriate contact information. But Caputo and the contractor never connected, according to both parties.

Bell wasn't a part of the campaign when this started. If this was some sort of far-fetched implausible entrapment scheme against the Trump campaign, why didn't he contact Caputo directly when he had the chance?

And if this was an entrapment scheme, why didn't he just pretend to have the stuff himself? Doesn't make sense. And if this was an entrapment scheme, why didn't he point him to somebody specifically to get the stuff? Doesn't make sense. And if this was a entrapment scheme, why didn't he then try to really ring Bell in once he joined the campaign? Doesn't make sense.

This is just ridiculous.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I generally pass on the vanilla puffs, but...

Entice them? Is this like entrapment light? He made a suggestion about something they could try if they wanted to find these alleged "missing emails."

Need money? You might try to mug someone. Just a "suggestion".

At the end of the day, it always comes down to "prove this DIDN'T happen" which is all but impossible.

Proving whether anything did or didn't happen is tough to do, when you refuse to investigate at all.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian\

Two points

First, the CNN article claims this contractor said he saw these emails and they were worse than people thought. That alone is reason enough for him to be investigated. If he saw these emails, this proves the government had them all alnong, and they should be made public to see if Hillary lied about what was in them.

If he wasnt interviewed by Mueller ofr the FBI, it proves negligence on their part.

Secondly, this would not be entrapment if this man was not contected by a government agency to suggest this. However, if he was, then this is indeed entrapment and a huge deal. So far, I have yet to see proof he was sent by a government agency though, but still, this warrants a serious look by investigators.

As far as wheter Halper is serious or not.

Yes its serious. Firstly because instead of warning truimp there could be russians trying to compromise people on his team, the FBI instead chose to try to let someone take the bait and bust them. In other words, they wanted to smear trump and his team more than stop russian influence.

Secondly, if halper was instructed to get info from trumps team before the July 31st start of the fbi investigation into trump collusion, this proves the fbi lied aboput what the start was, and they were on fact trying to set up[ trumps team.

<< 1    3 >>

join