It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Wire DESTROYS Caputo 'Second Informant' Story

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Caputo has been going on a media blitz over the last two days, appearing on multiple Fox shows, CNN, etc pitching a nebulous account that he has alternately claimed proves that a "second informant" was "placed" by "another agency" or in less Trumpian environs, might point to the same.

Likewise, it's been seized on by many Trump supporters as either proof positive or among the more reserved, possible proof of the deep state trying to weasel into the Trump campaign or entrap campaign staffers in some way. It has been used across the pro-Trump echo chamber to fuel this most recent of narratives.

Daily Wire's Ryan Saavedra has interviewed Caputo, his friend Kirk Bell ("the intermediary") and the contractor who Caputo has identified alternatively as a definite plant/spy/entrapper or possible plant/spy/entrapper (take your pick).

The reporting sheds light on details that absolutely obliterates Caputo's attempt to gain relevance by cashing in on this far from remarkable nothing. (That he thought so much of that he forgot to testify about it to the HPSCI).

EXCLUSIVE: Former Trump Adviser Says Talk Of Second Government 'Informant' Directed At Trump Campaign Could Be A 'Misunderstanding'

"Let me tell you something that I know for a fact," Caputo said on "The Ingraham Angle," with host Laura Ingraham. "This informant, this person they tried to plant into the campaign ... he’s not the only person that came at the campaign. And the FBI is not the only Obama agency that came at the campaign. I know because they came at me."

Well look at all the "facts" that he knows! No room for doubt on the Ingraham Angle! Gotta get this blasted out to the Trumposphere undiluted and without reservation for maximum propaganda impact! Remember this because it's going to look really stupid by the end of this post.

On Tuesday, The Daily Wire interviewed Caputo, the alleged second informant who does contracting work with the U.S. government, and one of Caputo's friends who was an intermediary between the two men.

On May 7, 2016, Caputo's friend, Kirk Bell, attended a DC-area Kentucky Derby event at the house of his friend Nick Ikeda, a military staffer for US Senator Mazie Hirono (D-HI).

At the event, Bell spoke with a government contractor, who asked not to be named in this report; this is the person Caputo told The Daily Wire he thought may have been another informant in light of the recent revelations about the FBI's alleged secret informant. At the event, the government contractor mentioned to Bell that he had heard about some of Hillary Clinton's missing emails and said that the campaign should see if they could obtain them.

Caputo never spoke to the man. From his accounts, he never even offered to give them anything. He told them that they should look into getting "Clinton's missing emails" because he'd heard from somebody that the NSA had them.

When asked by The Daily Wire if he was working for anyone to gather information about the Trump campaign or if anyone had approached him about gathering information on the Trump campaign, the government contractor responded: "No, absolutely not."

"I have done no work with the [Independent Special Counsel], none," the government contractor continued. "I have no contracts, not even ancillary contracts with the intelligence community. I am not connected there at all. Zero."

When asked about who the third party was that contacted him, the government contractor responded, "I don't remember who it was because it just wasn't that important to me," saying that he told whomever called him "good luck because this isn't what I do for a living."

Now armed with all the information that Caputo had built up as top secret # that could only be whispered into the ears of Devin Nunes, the Daily Wire reporter reached about to Caputo for follow up questions and GASP! Suddenly, Caputo has magically found room for doubt.

After the interview with the government contractor, The Daily Wire interviewed Caputo and informed him of the interview with the government contractor. In discussing what the government contractor said, Caputo said, "This also could be a great big misunderstanding."

Caputo also clarified the comments that he made on Ingraham's show last night, saying that it was not his intention to suggest that the government contractor was involved in some sort of government spying like the alleged FBI source outed last week.

WHAT? WHAT? WHAAAAAAT? This could all be a great big misunderstanding? But didn't you JUST say — Oh. My. Just. Stop.

And just so we can really put this one to bed (although, not an hour ago Caputo was on CNN acting like this was a still a thing which seems rather disingenuous of him now):

Caputo thought that the government contractor was coming to him with an offer but messages reviewed by The Daily Wire appear to show that the government contractor was making suggestions for the campaign rather than offering the campaign anything specific.

To my fan club who say things like:

"Your stories got the meat and potatoes, Anti's got the air filled vanilla puffs."

When somebody posts something they WANT to hear: how do you like these meat and potatoes?

edit on 2018-5-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Daily Wire?
*Shrugs* - who are they?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yeah the whole "matter" is just a simple "misunderstanding".

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Daily Wire?
*Shrugs* - who are they?

NB4 "Fake News"

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Its not meat and potatoes.

Its just more innuendo heaped on top of the mountain of innuendo that we already have.

I wouldn't call it fluff either...its just an opinion from Shapiro's crew (who i like and follow myself).

Appreciate the info.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Daily Wire?
*Shrugs* - who are they?

Ben Shapiro's organization.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Daily Wire?
*Shrugs* - who are they?

Now you're casting doubt on a right-wing news outlet? Lol. Are there are like three or four categories for you?

Fox News - The Gateway Pundit - True Pundit - FAKE NEWS!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sounds like we should get a special counsel onto this to make sure all the facts are brought to light. I'm thinking some serious questions need to be answered by the FBI, CIA, Loretta Lynch, et al just to ensure things were kosher. Remember, we don't know what evidence they have until they've published the formal report on it and all.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

At the event, Bell spoke with a government contractor, who asked not to be named in this report

The missing emails came up in casual conversation with another man,

It was that conversation that inspired the government contractor to mention Clinton's emails to Bell.

Caputo told The Daily Wire that he never spoke to the government contractor. The government contractor also said he does not remember explicitly speaking with Caputo, although he does say that someone reached out to him but he doesn't remember who it was.

Caputo says that he did not reach out to the government contractor because he was fearful of possibly taking possession of any material that he might have which could have contained classified information.

When asked about who the third party was that contacted him, the government contractor responded, "I don't remember who it was

Who the heck are these people?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's not innuendo. This Caputo story is bunk:

The Daily Wire appear to show that the government contractor was making suggestions for the campaign rather than offering the campaign anything specific.

He wasn't offering anything. The whole story collapses on that fact alone.
edit on 2018-5-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's not innuendo. This Caputo story is bunk:

The Daily Wire appear to show that the government contractor was making suggestions for the campaign rather than offering the campaign anything specific.

He wasn't offering anything. The whole story collapses on that fact alone.

Except that it shows that the Hillary email deal was a very widely discussed item, especially when dealing with Trumps campaign. Which seems to undercut the Pappadopolous angle.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Daily Wire? *Shrugs* - who are they?
Smoke Shop

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wow, they have really kept this thing going. And people are still buying this song and dance? I wonder if they can milk another 12 months out of this. What will be the next big scandal that will replace this one?

This is REAL people. This certainly isn't a huge orchestrated circus to entertain us sheep.

PS...and voting actually matters.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I think as far as I am concerned this story seems to be closed.

The reporting seems pretty clear to me that this was just an individual (the contractor) who was suggesting the NSA probably had Hillary emails, and Trump team should look in to it.

Two questions still remain for me.

1. Why didnt Mueller team, or either of the congressional investigations look into this (or maybe they did and caputo was wrong about that)

2. Did caputo just misread the situation, or did he intentional try to spread garbage to get publicity or smear mueller?

But I tip my cap to you, i think this story seems legit to me, and I will link it on jy thread on the original story.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Rebuttals don't matter.

Facts don't matter.

The only thing that matters is spreading doubt - and doing so first - because people cling to the first thing they hear.

Regardless of what follows, the first thing someone hears about something is what they will turn back to - it's psychological.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No, its just that I did not know anything about them.

Just like GWP at times, I avoid sources that don't seem
to offer any proof or decent sources.

With that said, there is a trail that can be followed
from Caputo's claims that does pan out, but that would
be for a different thread.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Not real.... Why?

Because Ben Shapiro said so.

Ill be waiting for the next time you assert speculation as fact from the Daily Wire.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I saw another interview with him just a couple hours ago and he said that he told the Mueller team about it. He did NOT testify about it in his HPSCI testimony but he said that he later informed an HPSCI investigator about it (one of Nune's people mind you), and the guy thanked him but that in his opinion, they didn't do anything with it.

What they probably did was called the contractor, realized there was nothing to it and dropped it. Which is saying something considering... well, Nunes.

As for Caputo, I think he saw the Halper thing and thought, "Hey, I've got a story!" and then let himself sensationalize the # out of it because he wanted to be relevant. That's my opinion anyway.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
And this has zero to do with the IG investigation and the Mueller investigation.

Just more fluff and stuff.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Your opinion could very well be right.

I am leaning that way. Regardless, there is enough flak being leveled at the intel community (much of what i feel is justified) Caputo should have been damn sure he wasnt "mistaken" before he started flapping his gums, so regardless of his motivation, I say shame on him.

Also, I wish the daily wire would have asked the contractor if mueller of any investigator had contacted him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join