It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cheap table wine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
211 Steel Reserve. It's cheap and strong.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

That one is like 3,500 a bottle (it might be 35,000! idk), anyway, the idea is you are not going to drink really good stuff with a frozen pizza. It would be part of an "experience of a lifetime" event.

Which was the point. I don't mind the box stuff at all. I think it is perfect for some garlic bread! Or jarred spaghetti sauce.

I have been to a few wine tastings (which led to the small collection). So when Thanksgiving rolls around and I wrap some prosciutto around figs stuffed with blue cheese, I don't look like a complete @$$ serving Boone's Farm (I think that one is fortified too). I know what to get.

Good luck on your quest!

PS - The ice cube should help in not getting a headache as it melts it adds water. You can cut wine with water up to about a third and most people don't even notice! Dehydration causes the headache.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You can make almost 5 gallons of wine for about 50 bucks... a lot less if you pick your own berries.

Now it is a "in for the long haul" hobby, but I do a strawberry wine that friends use as a sleep aid.

Probably because it's about 19% alcohol by volume, but they swear by it and it's ready in 2 months.

A thought...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You can make almost 5 gallons of wine for about 50 bucks... a lot less if you pick your own berries.

Now it is a "in for the long haul" hobby, but I do a strawberry wine that friends use as a sleep aid.

Probably because it's about 19% alcohol by volume, but they swear by it and it's ready in 2 months.

A thought...

snap

thanks

can you link me to a make your own wine foe idiots site

appreciate it

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Lumenari

A thought...

snap

thanks

can you link me to a make your own wine foe idiots site

appreciate it

I can give you an easy way to start without all the BS online wine making crap.

I'll PM you a quick guide to hooch...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

thanks my friend?
finna get turnt

i dont have to make it in the toilet like in jail do it?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

thanks my friend?
finna get turnt

i dont have to make it in the toilet like in jail do it?

Get a five gallon jug... I use glass but a 5 gallon water bottle is fine.

EVERYTHING needs cleaned, bleached, rinsed. Making wine can also make you very sick if everything is not clean!!!!

Buy an airlock that fits it on Amazon... 3 bucks. Buy a pound of DADY yeast (20 bucks and good for about 50 batches), buy a packet of bread yeast.

Buy a 1/2 pint of cheap vodka... fill the airlock up, drink the rest.

Take any kind of berries and make 1 1/2 gallons of jam. Use any recipe for it.

Pour it into the jug, add 6 pounds of CANE sugar (not beet!!!) and add water to fill the jug to where it starts curving inward at the top.

Put the airlock in, let sit until it is room temperature (if you are going to do this as a hobby to make good wine, the temperature would be 64-68 degrees. If you are making hooch, keep it under 80 degrees Fahrenheit.)

Add three tablespoons of DADY yeast and a packet of bread yeast.

Put the airlock back on.

Let it sit until the airlock no longer bubbles.

Strain it through a sieve into another 5 gallon bottle to get rid of the berries and such. Replace airlock.

Let it sit until it the airlock no longer bubbles. (Depending on the berries used, 3/4 weeks to 2 months)

Drink.

Repeat.

The recipe should be 1/3 jelly/jam, 2/3 water and work on your sugar levels to get either a dry or sweet wine.

There are 12,000,000,000 variations to this... but there is your hooch.

Enjoy!

edit on 23-5-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

can you link me to an airlock?
i dont know what that is and dont want to get the wrong #

let sit till no bubbles? have a time frame?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

can you link me to an airlock?
i dont know what that is and dont want to get the wrong #

let sit till no bubbles? have a time frame?

They look like this....

Airlock with bung

The bung is the rubber part that fits into the jug. There will be different sizes depending on the opening of the bottle you are using, which is technically a bung hole. (sorry!!!) So make sure you get the right sized bung!

The yeast will eat the sugar and produce carbon dioxide, which is the bubbles. Eventually (in this recipe) the yeast will also produce so much alcohol that they will die.

So waiting for the bubbles to stop is important, especially if you want to bottle the wine later. Too soon, and you are making wine hand grenades. Do it just right (kind of a knack) and you will make a sparkling wine. Not recommended for novices!!!

If you are just going to use the jug as a decanter, it really doesn't matter. Wait till it is inactive and go for it.

Keep in mind that this recipe makes pretty much straight ethyl alcohol. So there is no "I'm getting tipsy!!!" thing. You are drinking, you are happy, you wake up in Spain wondering WTF just happened. (true story).

So moderation at the beginning...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I use alcohol as a sleeping aid... Got a major anxiety disorder and its the only thing that works these days.

Having said that, I only drink Coopers red beer and sometimes Wild Turkey... A case of Coopers Red (24 beers) cost like $65 here in Australia, which is way to expensive and its killing me financially, I simply can't afford it.

But, as a proud heterosexual male, I can simply not bring myself to walk into a liquor store and purchase some cheap cast wine... Like I mean, I'm physically incapable of doing that.

Brew your own, works out about a dollar a bottle, or wait till its on special for $50...i like the red too... Wanna get real messed up buy the vintage although it's about $140 a case...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
LOL Lumenari!! That must be quite a tale! Interesting reading the recipe. I don't have a clue how all that works.

Rosa Regale is nice.. Trader Joe's has a few 3$/bottle choices you might look into. I've had some of them and thought they were good, buy I like the drier stuff.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Rosa regale is one of the best wines ive ever had. Went the little "wine tasting" place they have in California adventure land with the now wife on the day i proposed and they suggested that for her as she likes the sweet stuff more. To this day, whenever there is a special occasion or i make i feel like making a particularly good dinner there is always a bottle of rosa regale chilled to go with it

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Trying switching to cocktails. Just substitute any amout of vodka with everclear.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join