It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology Leap !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Father Luke, as an old (and, I might add, highly fragrant) priest, I am sure you are familiar with the following:

"Introibo ad altare scientiam; ad scientiam qui laetificat juventutem meam."

By the way, I am sorry that Billy and I drank up the Sacrificial Wine before Mass on Shrove Tuesday, but that still didn't give you the right to pull down our pants to spank us.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
By the way, I am sorry that Billy and I drank up the Sacrificial Wine before Mass on Shrove Tuesday, but that still didn't give you the right to pull down our pants to spank us.

Didn't it? I am sorry, I get very confused nowadays.

Non sum pisces.

Keep that in mind.

Bless you all, especially you Off_The_Street.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There are many reasons for technology spurts;

scientists left Nazi Germany to the US, which was a huge brain addition to engineering, electrical engineering, rocketry, chemistry, mathematics, etc.

The apollo Space program resulted in massive application of technologies, the miniaturization of electronics, including the microprocessor and entire silicon valley explosion of computer related technology.

The UNited States emergence from WW2 as a world leader. When there is a Nation as strong as the US based on open and free ( for the most part) Capital markets, there is always an explosion of industry.

Computing power is always going to rise in spurts, as each level is used to create and design the next. As you read this LSI is buiding a plant in Oregon to manufacture the first chips out of Nanomaterials. Full production will begin before the end of 2006.
That will cause another great spurt in technology, because you aint seen nothing yet.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I can tell you our leap in technology came from our ET friends.

Just read the book The Day After Roswell by Phillip Corso. It explains everything!

In case somebody out there tries to debunk this, a good friend of mine who was a Colonel in the US Air Force for 20 years and knew Mr Corso. He told me things that matched with the book, then I let him read it. He seemed to be able to colaborate a lot of stuff whilst I was with him.

Hope that was helpful?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by madjamjar
"why was it invented in the first place"

I don't think anyone read my story romearlier in this thread... Because it was necessary to do so! People needed faster, better, and more compact computers. This could only be done by integrating circuits and making things smaller.

The newer computers were needed for aircraft, weapons, scientic studies, law inforcement and intelligence, etc... I mean, what would you rather have? Onehundred Cray computers or a laptop that can do all the same and more in a third as much time? (Yes, I know a lot of government agencies and some businesses still use those ancient mainframes, but that's just because they're cheap and still working.)

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

What leap???

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There was definitely a huge leap in tech. when Schottky took claim to inventing the semi conductor diode in the 1930's. Previously vaccuum tubes had been doing rectifications of voltages for 50 years prior and really it was only an advancement of silicon technology that has lead us to our current Information Age.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sorry if I am repeating someone elses post, but there is a lot of anedotal evidence of aliens communicating with human's throughout history. In pre-historic paintings and various other things.
There are some fringe ufologist that believe Egypt was a trading depot for interstellar crafts and thats how Egypt had so much power, wealth, and knowledge in its glory days. It's intriguing because ancient Egypt has so many enigma's which have yet to be explained by so-called "scholars" of our time.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Scientists of the past were not super humans, and so todays scientist aren't.
Without help from the gods we even didn't start the fire. (Prometeus), these are historical data.
Just today we have governments with their hands in a honey pot, and they don't want this to be in our historical data.
We are not capable for maior inventions.
Yes there were some few people who made it, great scientists.
All others are just wasting our money and their time for nothing.
We are not so advance as we think.
Yes there were no any discovery on the world since 1950 and that is true.
Good to somebody said computer tech based on early 20th century science, it is true, nothing nwe really. Why is that?
After Nazis no big things, it seems.

No myth, no breakthru.
(in fact when we have discovery soon we make the myth)

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
geekhub.tripod.com...

intersting craft

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Just read the book The Day After Roswell by Phillip Corso. It explains everything!

In case somebody out there tries to debunk this, a good friend of mine who was a Colonel in the US Air Force for 20 years and knew Mr Corso. He told me things that matched with the book, then I let him read it. He seemed to be able to colaborate a lot of stuff whilst I was with him.

Hope that was helpful?

I read it too, and think there is some truth about what he claims. He said that they "seeded" the industry with recovered technology from the UFO crash in Roswell for existing programs like night vision goggles, the laser, and fiber optic cables, as well as the integrated circuit chip. These ideas have been around, but may have been helped by reverse engineering the things recovered from the crash.

The real break through for integrated circuits was in the ability to manufacture transistors on a small scale. This was done more with technology developed in photography. The transistors work the same way as bigger components. But the ability to take a circuit and shrink it down had to do more with photography. I believe this technology came about the same time they developed high resolution photography for the U2.

I do find it compelling though that the invention of the transistor occured in December of 1947, which is the same year of the Roswell crash, which was July 4, 1947.

Lasers were invented in 1958.
inventors.about.com...

Fiber Optics in late 60's
inventors.about.com...

I'm and electronics engineer and one thing I still don't know how bar code readers work. I guess they reflect a laser off a bar code and destinguish different widths of stripes. (I dunno)

But IMO we would have invented this stuff on our own, regardless if we had a little help.

We can all use a little help from our friends, right?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is one story a co-worker told me one time. He had heard or read about the transistor. It was an alien technology, which was back-engineered. I have no references at the moment to back that up. Does anyone have any information about this?

Troy

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
This is one story a co-worker told me one time. He had heard or read about the transistor. It was an alien technology, which was back-engineered. I have no references at the moment to back that up. Does anyone have any information about this?

Troy

Read the book "The Day After Roswell" by Col. Phillip Corso, which is is previous posts. Interesting read.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwatkins

I bought the book and find his story believable. I also believe we were headed in the same direction but with backward engineering found the solution to the problem faster.
I believe King Soloman made a statement about things thought of as new are actually from the hidden past. No new thing except it come from yesterday. Something along that line.

Michael

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm coming down solidly on the side that man hasn't had and doesn't need alien tech support to explain the wonders of the world we live in.

spurts of growth occur naturally. If you've ever raised a kid or been one yourself than you should understand that. They don't stop with youth either. I was always a clean, lean young man but when I hit 40 I suddenly had hair growing out my ears, nose and other odd places, plus I split every pair of jeans I owned when bending over. Those changes occurred rapidly.

Serious advancements occurred every now and then up until about 200 years ago with the birth of the industrial revolution. After that they began happening more and more frequently and are coming faster and faster now.

This is an awesome time to be alive.

I don't blame aliens for the bad things in my life so i'll be damned if they're going to get credit for the good ones.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thanks rwatkins for the name of the book.

If some of the technology did come from aliens then so what. Doesn't make us any less intellegent. Just means we used alien technology, that's all.

Troy

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have just googled to how a microchip works, it takes 250 steps to make one and I still dont get it, how we managed to come up with all these steps in the early days of the chip, maybe the chip is alien technology and it was passed to us to advance our ways, I am not a scientist but thought I would at least understand how the chip was invented, having looked at how it was made, but I am still not sure as too how many experts in different fields it would have taken to work on the chip, an expert in metals, an expert in geology, an expert in photography, an expert in maths, an expert in, well the list would go on and on, all working along on the project, so is there anyone here or who knows anyone who actually worked on the chips back in the early stages of development, if we find one of these experts then they could explain to us how the idea came up, and all the failings and triumphs of the chip development.
If no one comes forward then I will stick in the meantime to my own thoughts about help from our alien freinds, (hopefully friends?).

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've never really bought into the idea of seeding alien tech. It seems like materials science and computer science was heading in this direction imo.

This topic fits well with the debated "Impending Technological Singularity".

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Stale Cracker]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"read corsos book" lmao

corso was a teller of tall tales. Obvious by the fact he heavily endorsed a gentlemen by the name of frank kaufman who was found to be a complete fraud. They did the ufo circuit together backing each other up

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
In my opinion computers were created with the help of this alien technology, since the early forms of computers were these huge devices developed under millitary supervision around the late 40's or early 50's which was near the timeline of the infamous roswell crash in 1947.I could be wrong' but I am willing to take that fall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join