It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology Leap !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I think that the technology leap is just a periodic leap in tech that happens every so often. I think someone else mentioned the curve of technology, which is like when we invent something totally new we can only improve upon it so much and then something new comes along. Its like with planes, cars, rockets and such. With cars in the future I think that for the enviroment we will only use hyrdogen/electric cars, and with flight we could use things like antirgavity or some way of flight that use very effective fuel.
And the military's tech is like what 10-15 years ahead of the public. That shows that any war, even the Cold War(where nothing even happend) advance technology so much because its for survival.
The combination of both these things happening could account for what your talking about.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charlie Murphy
I think that the technology leap is just a periodic leap in tech that happens every so often. I think someone else mentioned the curve of technology, which is like when we invent something totally new we can only improve upon it so much and then something new comes along. Its like with planes, cars, rockets and such. With cars in the future I think that for the enviroment we will only use hyrdogen/electric cars, and with flight we could use things like antirgavity or some way of flight that use very effective fuel.
And the military's tech is like what 10-15 years ahead of the public. That shows that any war, even the Cold War(where nothing even happend) advance technology so much because its for survival.
The combination of both these things happening could account for what your talking about.

Ok so where are these periodic leap prior in our history? Fire? The Wheel? Did these have the effect that the microchip does and will have on humanity? I mean really everything we have used and use today is made better or made to existed due to the microchip.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
What about the 19th century discovery of the lightbulb and spread of electricity? Computers would be impossible without that! Before electricity we also have the steam engine, internal combustion engine etc.

[edit on 2/19/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by butters30
I mean come on the microchip? Who the hell would have come up with that on there own. I think the government got ahold of the tech and then leeked it to private sources to make it more believeable and excepted by the public.

Oh yes, Aliens are smarter than us and we are dumb theory. What a high self esteem you posses.

Get some more sun, will you.

Surf

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

I mean come on the microchip? Who the hell would have come up with that on there own. I think the government got ahold of the tech and then leeked it to private sources to make it more believeable and excepted by the public.

Oh yes, Aliens are smarter than us and we are dumb theory. What a high self esteem you posses.

Get some more sun, will you.

Surf

You misunderstand I dont think there smarter than humans well maybe smarter than you. lol jk

I think they were just ahead and we were smart enough to capitalize on the situation.

djohnsto77 I dont think you and I think of the microchip in the same way. Though those to examples you gave were excelent I dont think they are the same magnitude or the same type of leap forward.

Dont get me wrong it was a gaint jump I dont believe it was of the same caliber. Just my opinon though.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by butters30]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
the truth is we have had outside influence for thousands of years many ancient races have documented encounters and sightings of (outworlders) and sytrange flying craft. theres evidence even on the pyramids and some aztek temples. some indian races tell of newcomers from a distant land. long before there was a single plane or Satellite. i recently read a article that said we've been externally corrected 65 times. i have heard many stories of technology thats far beyond us. and if i know our government we'll use any means to get that technology. (kinda reminds you of the borg)

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
evidence on the pyramids ?

come on , link please

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead
evidence on the pyramids ?

come on , link please

Are you really interested in that? Or are you just assuming the role of the scornful skeptic? There is many threads on that idea...some with "evidence". When is "evidence" not controversial though?

Unless he meant directly on the pyramids?...

[edit on 042828p://19u01 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
i am both interested and skeptical

i have read a fair bit about pyramids and have not found anything written in them to point at aliens , so this evidence interests me

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I think the great tech. leap happened because of great minds. Where would we be as a race if it were not for the likes of A. Eienstein, E.Teller,H Ford, and other great inventers with the guts to step forward and demonstrate what they knew or were working on? I feel that tech. will keep improving on itself till who knows when. I also think that we will never really quit improving on the great inventions of the past. As A. Eienstein once stated " Imanagination is more important than knowledge"

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I think that every major invention or innovation can be traced back to the person responsible and has been the result of hard work, sometimes a lifetime of hard work. The technology has advanced exponentially because the demand and market has become huge, and each innovation is built on the previous discoveries. We're probably 30 years more advanced than we realize now even, so much stuff has to be held back so companies can sell the 'current' technology that they paid to develop.

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
imagine how different the world might be if the ancestos of the Maya, Toltec, and Inca had an additional 5000 years worth of technology in the form of the wheel under their belt when Ericksson or Columbus came a-callin'!!

Yes, I can and I can't resist...

Queen Isabella "Where the hell is Chris with my boats??!"
Christopher Columbus (pulls up at the dock in a 150' composite fiber cruiser, in the hot-tub with some Mayan talent) "Issy Baby!!! Just back from discovering the new world and all that... gotta run!" (tosses her a cellphone) "Ciao Baby... call me!"

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
go onto click here to watch it

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

A leap forward where? Please name a technology that was a real leap...

The transistor, soon after Roswell. In the debates section, there's an excellent debate on this...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Ok so where are these periodic leap prior in our history? Fire? The Wheel? Did these have the effect that the microchip does and will have on humanity? I mean really everything we have used and use today is made better or made to existed due to the microchip.

You asked for the evolution of the wheel. Well, here's how I think it went.

About 10,000 years ago there lived a caveman named Zug. Zug the Caveman was a normal caveman. Middle aged at 16, seven wives, 13 kids, ya know? The usual middle aged caveman stuff. But one day Zug the Caveman woke up and said, "OGG!" and decided that instead of dragging that mammoth corpse back to the cave he could pull it on a sled! What genious! Well, after about a year (or three more wives and five kids later, if that's the way you want to look at it) of doing that Zug the Caveman woke up and said, "ARGS!" and decided that instead of pulling things on the sled, he could put logs under the sled. The only problem with this was that every time a log would roll out from under the backend he'd have to go back and bring it up to the front end. Since this took far too much time and the majority of his children had passed the adult age of 6 they would no longer listen to him, thus disallowing him to use them as cheap slave labor for one mammoth shank a week, he went back to just using the sled. Finally, after about a month of not sleeping due to the stress caused by not being able to easily pull things around, Zug the Caveman sat up and exclaimed, "ZOOOOOOOB!" No, he didn't invent anything, but a mildly poisoness snake did bite him. Luckily for us, and this story too, in a fit of hallucinations he mumbled the eternal question of, "ZABA?" Well, he answered that soon after, and invented the wheel. *insert chorus of angelic voices here* About a week later, aliens landed and gave Zug the Caveman a microprocessor. He smahed it up and ate it, and the aliens decided that humanity would not get the microprocessor until the mid-1900s.

The End!

As for "everything we have used and use today is made better or made to existed due to the microchip" that is true in some aspects. The microchip has improved a lot of things; cars, planes, electronics. All of these things existed before the invention of the microchip, and would still exist just fine without it. I don't think anything has been invented around a microchip that is in every day use though.

Inventions are based off of necessity. The microchip was a necessity for a lot of things when it was invented, just as it still is today. The car, the plane, the boat, the train? All necessary for transportaion. The spear, the bow and arrow, the crossbow, the gun? All necessary for hunting and the occasional war. See what I'm getting at here?

[edit on 2/19/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
About a week later, aliens landed and gave Zug the Caveman a microprocessor. He smahed it up and ate it, and the aliens decided that humanity would not get the microprocessor until the mid-1900s.

The End!

That is some pretty funny humor you have there

Truth be told, I have thought that we might have had help in our technology in the past. Then I started on my Associates degree in Computer Electronic Engineering Technologies. After learning about logic gates and boolean algebra, I came to the realization that this stuff is so logical that there is no way we had help in developing it. Hell, the boolean algebra that logic gates are based on was invented in the early 1900's. We knew how the technology would work before we knew how to build the technology.

The human imagination is the stuff of magic. The stuff of stars. There are many examples of humans writing books about future technology only to have thier works of fiction become a reality. The rocket. The internet. The TV. The VCR. There are many examles of human inginuity and the will to advance as a people.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Very well put, Kidfinger. More often than not we have the ideas of the technology before it even comes to be. I forgot about that. ANother prime example is DaVinci. He invented the helicopter, hot air balloon, and even some simple forms of gliders hundreds of years ago. When did these things come to be? Well, with the exception of the hot air balloon (which cam into existence in the mid 1780s), not really until this century.

A lot of modern inventions are just from people using math to thier advantage and then just using the some form of the scientific method to test thier hypothesis.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have a question for the people who are of the opinion that we were helped along with our technology. A few actually. Do you still think we are recieving help with our technology? Are we now even capable of comprehinding the technology that we will have progressed to in the next 50 years? 100 years? Thousand years?

I have a theory on the evolution of human technologies. If you can dream of it, we will build it. Think of anything. How about a system to instanttaniously transport supplies from earth to the moon? We are now working on basic teleportation technologies that work on the quantum level. In 50 years, we might be able to transport crates of foodstuffs, or basic medicle supplies to any place in the world in an instant. This is just one example. IF you can think of it, the chances are, there is someone already working on the basis for your idea. Dream it up and they will build it.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My question is

"why was it invented in the first place"

and in that i mean any sort of technology, for example, somone created a microchip, but then how did he decide what it did or what it could do.

I guess like all technology, it was just made and then found a useful purpose.

And if we are getting alien help with technology, can the government please release it faster. I want the ability to be transported from place to place in an instant, or travel to new worlds.

But from talking with my wife, i can tell she is scared of "alien technology" and what it could bring. Until a majority of people are more curious and acceptable of aliens and the possibility of alien technologies, the governments will be careful incase the create mass hysteria or panic

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Actually if there is any civilization with higher technology than us than we'd definitely be inferior to them. Because if they have faster computers than I would expect that they have faster jets, faster bullets, and faster lasers for that matter. Im not saying that them handing down their tech is a bad thing because Im all for it but its their motive that Id be worried about. The way I see it is... only Satan and his angelic army would think of doing such a thing in order for him to further complete his mission. Higher tech could mean better control of the population and better ideas on how to do it. Good to some extent but very likely to be used in terrible ways.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Truth be told, I have thought that we might have had help in our technology in the past. Then I started on my Associates degree in Computer Electronic Engineering Technologies. After learning about logic gates and boolean algebra, I came to the realization that this stuff is so logical that there is no way we had help in developing it. Hell, the boolean algebra that logic gates are based on was invented in the early 1900's. We knew how the technology would work before we knew how to build the technology.

I totally agree. There aren't gaps in the history of human technology which point towards alien intervention, there are just gaps in inviduals knowledge of the history.

I have also studied the invention of the semi-conductor, or tranistor, and there is a very clear path to it's inception. Most of the groundwork was actually laid down in the 19th century with the development of modern science and mathematics. It was then lots of different strands of development, from materials engineering to computational theory, that all came together at the end of the second world war with the result of the first transistor. It was actually an intentional project to find something to replace the vacuum tube, which had reached the limits of it's usefulness. It is detailed here:

www.pbs.org...

Before making wild claims about alien intervention people should Deny Ignorance and actually get themselves a book on the subject, or at least do some google searches:

inventors.about.com...
www.ideafinder.com...

[edit on 19/2/05 by FatherLukeDuke]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join