It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-38C down in Mississippi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Columbus AFB in Mississippi is reporting that a T-38 crashed at approximately 0830 this morning, near the base. According to the statement both pilots ejected and were taken to the hospital for evaluation.

www.clarionledger.com...

www.wtva.com...

m.wdam.com...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is this the regular number of crashes the military/aviation has?

Or am I just paying attention at this now?

I can't remember the last time I've seen this many crashes.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Glad to see that everybody is OK. As Cmdr. Castor the Air Boss on the Forrestal used to say "I can get another airplane, I can't get another you."
edit on 23-5-2018 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

It's definitely up this year, but it's hard to say if it's a trend or just a blip. I've seen years where it seemed that every time you turned around something went down, and then they went the next two years without single loss and only a couple Class A mishaps.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

is this part of the 172nd wing?? Didnt see where it was mentioned whether a ANG unit or AFRES or active AF.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
the Air Boss on the Forrestal used to say

Wait a second...you were on the Forrestal? Were you there for the incident?! We did a whole lot of training and watching video because of that

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

It sounds like it was a base bird, which would make it the 14th Flying Training Wing. Not sure which squadron though.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: JIMC5499
the Air Boss on the Forrestal used to say

Wait a second...you were on the Forrestal? Were you there for the incident?! We did a whole lot of training and watching video because of that

The Forrestal was always catching on fire. Rework in the Philly shipyard saw the base fire dept at least once a week. The crew called it the "USS Forestfire, the worlds largest floating ashtray." Then again the Saratoga was crew named "The Sucking 60 from Dixie."

(post by soundguy removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The instructor pilot was from the 50th Flying Training Squadron, the student pilot was from the 14th Student Squadron. The aircraft was a 1968 bird.
edit on 5/23/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
You have to wonder if a trainer plane gets more than the usual share of less than gentle landings.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

No that was a bit before my time. I was with her Air Wing in the mid 80's. If you went aft in the hangar deck and up into the mezzanine you could see where some of the frames were distorted because of that fire. I was there for this fire.

top topics

join