It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Carter: Trump could be worthy of Nobel Peace Prize !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
NEW YORK POST ARTICLE

Excerpt

“If President Trump is successful in getting a peace treaty that’s acceptable to both sides with North Korea, I think he certainly ought to be considered for the Nobel Peace Prize,” the 93-year-old ex-president told Politico in an interview published Tuesday. “I think it would be a worthy and a momentous accomplishment that no previous president has been able to realize.”

If a Democrat President is recommending it, and Trump pulls it off, and actually succeeds and gets it, I think he is lock for 2020 reelection.
And the midterms for the democrats will be a wipe out based on success of a President who was suppose to fail at every turn.

Obama got one for just what he might do....which was what for world peace in his 8 years ?
edit on 23-5-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What's funny is that anything negative in regards to North Korea negotiations has been blamed on Trump.

But anything good?

It's been attributed to Obama.

If Trump pulls this off, he will definitely deserve it.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

If a Democrat President is recommending it, and Trump pulls it off, and actually succeeds and gets it, I think he is lock for 2020 reelection.

LOL
The IF isn't about a Democratic President "recommending" it. The IF is whether or not Trump can pull it off. IF he does that, then we talk!

edit on 23-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I'd like to see Trump get it just to piss off Obama and the leftists. That would be great entertainment.

But

No one should care what Jimmy Carter has to say about anything.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Well he has certainly done more to earn it than that last jackass that got it 2mos after being elected and not doing a damn thing for peace.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Yeah he'll get it-all the dead Palestinians who were killed in the protests against the moving the embassy will be thrilled.

Not to mention the thousands upon thousands of North Korean civilians who were threatened to have their nation destroyed.

Oh let's not forget this "wall" because screw the Mexicans, Hell while we are at it let's give nominate Putin for chemistry (a few of you wise owls would've got that joke) and nominate Carter for dumbass of the year.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'd like to see Trump get it just to piss off Obama and the leftists. That would be great entertainment.

But

No one should care what Jimmy Carter has to say about anything.

Jeez. No matter what he does or says Jimmy just can't catch a break, can he?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Omfg: I agree with Jimmy Carter on something....

What the hell is the world coming to??

-Chris

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'll give Carter credit for stepping away from partisanship and
having enough courage to say such a thing in this political climate.

edit on 23-5-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I'll say the same.

President Carter over the years has really proven to be an honest broker, even if his administration was a disaster.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
All I can think is that after almost a decade of repeatedly hearing that the Nobel Peace Prize is now completely meaningless because Obama received it, it is a bit amusing seeing so many people advocate that Trump should now get one too.

Even if North Korea does "reach an agreement" I'm not sure why anyone would believe that they would actually honor it.
edit on 5/23/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Hell yeah, I agree! Doesn’t matter what party your represent or who you are, if you can help broker peace between NoKo & SoKo then you should be awarded the Nobel Peace Price! The same award should also go to SoKo’s President, Moon. Not sure if NoKo’s, Rocketman, should get the award too because NoKo but I’m leaning towards yes.

edit on 23-5-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
NEW YORK POST ARTICLE

Excerpt

“If President Trump is successful in getting a peace treaty that’s acceptable to both sides with North Korea, I think he certainly ought to be considered for the Nobel Peace Prize,” the 93-year-old ex-president told Politico in an interview published Tuesday. “I think it would be a worthy and a momentous accomplishment that no previous president has been able to realize.”

And the midterms for the democrats will be a wipe out based on success of a President who was suppose to fail at every turn.

Obama got one for just what he might do....which was what for world peace in his 8 years ?

The OPERATIVE word(s) are "...is successful".

Don't suffer from the delusion that saying something makes it true as this current administration is wont to do.

Former President Carter is acting in gentlemanly fashion as he has always done.
edit on 23-5-2018 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2018 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Well the meeting is cancelled.

new topics

top topics

join