It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rock so big God himself can not lift.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Your life is this figurative rock God himself cannot lift. What you must do to survive God cannot do for you. Whatever you do in life God cannot do for you. This is the rock God created He himself cannot lift, but you can and do lift. Who would be interested in a real rock God cannot lift anyhow? Only ingnorant people would ask for such thing. It also says not to tempt your Lord, but these ignorant people are meditating on foolishness.

So lift this rock God cannot lift for you.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Rock god

Or rock God?

Or Rock God?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

edit on 23-5-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: ac..

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Your life is this figurative rock God himself cannot lift. What you must do to survive God cannot do for you. Whatever you do in life God cannot do for you. This is the rock God created He himself cannot lift, but you can and do lift. Who would be interested in a real rock God cannot lift anyhow? Only ingnorant people would ask for such thing. It also says not to tempt your Lord, but these ignorant people are meditating on foolishness.

So lift this rock God cannot lift for you.

Metaphors and platitudes. You are basically saying that god is not going to do things for you. Nobody understands that better than atheists. But, i’m glad you are coming around to realizing that prayer is worthless. Superman is not coming. Clean your own room, straighten your own life out. Don’t use imaginary crutches to comfort yourself. Carry your own rocks.

You have invented a god in your head and now you have gone so far as to start carrying it’s rocks. Put down that burden because as you say, it won’t carry yours.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

(post by Raggedyman removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Mouth boogie and Contradictions. This is not a clever argument and quite stale, but carry on.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Any person that considers themselves religious lose all credibility as soon as they start preaching.
Preaching to others is very rude. It assumes that others are just not as 'good', 'advanced', 'knowledgeable' as the preacher.
However what is completely ignored is that others may be waaaaaaay further.

This you can't tell preachers who have just found the god 101 somewhere and have not read or experienced other beliefs, if their brain and time allows, they may get there some time and look back in embarrassment. Or they will be happy with just one opinion and ignore all other possibilities.

Why not be happy that you found what works for you?
If you believe in a god that needs humans to be its mouthpiece, then it is doing a crappy job. Any gods or beliefs that are worth their while would be present at birth or convince puny humans of their 'better than all other gods' status automatically.

Like certain goods you can buy. They all claim to be the best but in the end you'll find out that there truly are better ones than others. That's intrinsic usefulness. A mighty, brilliant, kick ass god that is always right and the only one, should emerge automatically but it doesn't. As a matter of fact, the more you know about science and the more you read about the outdated drivel in the bible, the more you distance yourself and recognise it as propaganda for the uneducated to stay in line.

That's my 5 pence worth. There is more to life than preaching. Have a nice day.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

You have invented a god in your head and now you have gone so far as to start carrying it’s rocks.
I have wondered about you a few times and now I found the answer to who's rocks you carry . Every one of us play's a part and there is no one getting away with anything they did while here . God requires Mercy not sacrifice .

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
So you actually think that the Christians God is like Buddha

Woodie, please stop telling us who and what our God is, you come across as an idiot

I believe the OP was typing about the "religious™ God"? What does this have to do with the PHILOSOPHY of Buddhism™

One definition of philosophy from Dictionary.com is “the rational investigation of the truths and principles of being, knowledge, or conduct.”

"If You see Me in the road, kill me..." Sidd Guatama

What do You KNOW about Buddhism? Could it fill this page or a thimble?

Did PastorDave tell You Buddhism is a "False religion™" and the ONLY way to Heaven is through JesusTheChris†?

Did You KNOW another PHILOSOPHY "The Tao" actually translates to 'The Way'?

I'll wager "No" some guy who makes a living in the 'God Business' told You this was the way and that was good enough for You...

"Run the way the Sphinx is looking..."

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. My "philosophy" won't allow Me to take that ever important "last word" so have at it.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

God can and does lift my life. God is my Father, and just like a human father he wants me to find comfort in Him when I am alone and I have none to fully understand my pain. He has asked me to pray to Him and He will answer my prayers. He always does. It may not be in the way I expect, but He always does and when I look back on the journey of my pain I see exactly where He has intervened and made better choices than I ever could have. And through it all I do the best I can to learn, to live fully, to keep faith and be the best person I can. He and I have a relationship.

As I was explaining to a young person the other day, who felt that prayer was cheating, I said: Don't your pets depend on you to intervene when they need something? If your pet is sick don't you provide it with medicine, food, shelter and be there when it is sad or struggling in some way? We want to be there for our pets, and our pets ask us for help. Why would this be cheating?

We are spirit beings having an earthly experience. I will always worship, love, and live for God. My life is radiant and alive because of Him.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Prayer is my intimate relationship with God, my Father and the one that created this world. He has given us an instruction manual on how to live life. I'm not talking about laws, I'm talking about love. I rest in HIs love and the power of His Comforter the Holy Spirit, and the lover of my soul, my redeemer Jesus.

He is my best friend and always there for me. I am never alone. I have everything in Him. Through Him, I am learning that I am a daughter of God. I have a human father, but God is the almighty, he is the great, "I Am". I cannot wait to rejoice in His presence.

The Lord Is My Shepherd

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3 He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Hi Woody... "My Father does art in Heaven..."

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Hi Woody... "My Father does art in Heaven..."
HeyJim, lol

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

Prayer is my intimate relationship with God, my Father and the one that created this world. He has given us an instruction manual on how to live life. I'm not talking about laws, I'm talking about love. I rest in HIs love and the power of His Comforter the Holy Spirit, and the lover of my soul, my redeemer Jesus.

He is my best friend and always there for me. I am never alone. I have everything in Him. Through Him, I am learning that I am a daughter of God. I have a human father, but God is the almighty, he is the great, "I Am". I cannot wait to rejoice in His presence.

The Lord Is My Shepherd

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3 He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.
I prefer to look over myself. And live in my own house.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
Love you’re neighbor=drivel?
Ten Commandments =drivel?
Humility=drivel?
Compassion=drivel?
Preaching to someone about them preaching seems a little hypocritical. You could just not respond after reading the op but your inner preacher just couldn’t help himself. Keep your 5 pence and go buy yourself something pretty

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Pretty common in SE Asia to rub Budhas tummy for luck, go figure
Christianity doesn't work that way, it rains on the believer and non believer

The promise is for the afterlife, not this one.
edit on 23-5-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What's that for a reply?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: JimNasium

Pretty common in SE Asia to rub Budhas tummy for luck, go figure
Christianity doesn't work that way, it rains on the believer and non believer

The promise is for the afterlife, not this one.

Who rubs the belly for luck? Westerners showing their lack of knowledge and ignorance? At least You PROVED Your lack of knowledge, the ones looking outside their own Selves for "luck/good fortune" That reads a whole bunch like Chris†ianity™; Islam™ and Judaism™..

Do they do 'selfies' while looking for luck?

see: Leprechaun

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I wonder if you'd say that to JP in person as easily as you say it on the internet...especially when pinching his phrase.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join