It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he will propose new tax cuts prior to November

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
The point some are making is tax cuts are an illusion until the budget can be dealt with. If you continue to raise the budget and not control spending and on top of that want things like a wall and infrastructure reform it's all smoke and mirrors.

What needs to be done are discussions about how to freeze spending so we can cut taxes.

No, the point some are trying to make is that if you make $50 a week, you can't keep spending $70 a week.

I don't know how it is now, but it used to be something everybody learned in the third grade.

This stuff isn't rocket science.
edit on 23-5-2018 by MteWamp because: sp

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Lol. I have to laugh my butt off at some of you. On a conspiracy site and probably not trusting our government much at all but still blindly believing tax cuts are a bad thing for you and every other citizen. I pity you all.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Throes
Lol. I have to laugh my butt off at some of you.

Dude...You should like, post a YUGE shot of that on Instagram...
You could be Throes, but, like Buttless!

Buttless Throes!

Sorry. Too much coffee...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Lol. I have to laugh my butt off at some of you. On a conspiracy site and probably not trusting our government much at all but still blindly believing tax cuts are a bad thing for you and every other citizen. I pity you all.

How is that better than blindly believing they are beneficial in the long run?

Where is the evidence the government doesn't spend the money anyway? Create debt and inflation they control with cheap imports the same people say are destroying American jobs. (Even though we have low unemployment)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
seems so simple to me...
if you cut the tax revenue by a billion dollars and don't find a way to decrease the spending by a billion, you are increasing the debt. if you cut taxes by a billion and also decide you want to add a billion or so in additional spending for walls, the military, whatever else, you are gonna have to find more that a billion in cuts for the current spending..
and, if you want to actually cut the deficit while you are cutting the taxes, and adding all this additional spending,
you are gonna have to make some pretty deep cuts somewhere to put a dent in that deficit.

what I imagine is gonna happen is trump is gonna come up with this great tax cut plan that might even benefit the common folk, but then he's gonna tell us that he's gonna need more seats in the congress in hopes they can increase their control in order for the the cuts to pass congress. and the tax cuts will get shelved as soon as the election is over.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Tax cuts can and often do stimulate the economy. The problem is one we have no rainy day fund so the unforseen wars natural disasters etc put us back in the hole

And two they cant stop spending beyond the budget even in a surplus.

So much false bubble economy magic also happens to show surplus or job increases etc before elections...

For me I want to see some spending restraint. Look at how we can make things more efficient...like getting rid of the huge tax code requiring 1000's of beurocrats. Like making sure Boeing and Lockheed etc are actually producing efficient and not just lobbying because they have jobs making " buggy whips" Elon musk cutting the cost to the rocket industry should be a wakeup call as to how cronyism eats taxpayer money.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouCannotBeSerious
a reply to: scrounger

Nothing you just posted was a fact.

*sigh*... maybe Trump will promise to release his taxes again as well while he's at it. Got to keep the people interested till the next vote.

The CBO numbers DISAGREE with your opinion. In short you are wrong.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The looming austerity will not be kind to the United States when it hits.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

How is that better than blindly believing they are beneficial in the long run?

Where is the evidence the government doesn't spend the money anyway? Create debt and inflation they control with cheap imports the same people say are destroying American jobs. (Even though we have low unemployment)

you are speaking of two different issues that are not connected.

one....how government spends the money.
tax cuts are IRRELIVANT to this point...
if they have high taxes, low taxes, tax cuts, tax increases or leave them the same they STILL SPENDING MORE THAN TAKING IN aka DEFICITS.
trying to say you should not do tax cuts or beneficial in the long run is not on target here.

two...most important..tax cuts benefits should be looked at on THE TAXPAYER NOT GOVERNMENT .
taxes are money taken from people WHO WORK TO EARN MONEY . In short it is OUR / MY MONEY NOT THE GOVERNMENTS.

I DONT CARE if its 5 dollars or 5 thousand dollars one gets back. they are getting back THEIR MONEY thus a benefit.

I would respectfully ask you exactly how is getting to keep more money (irregardless of the amount) a bad thing?

scrounger

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

dawnstar your ignoring two important facts / issues by your comment

one...deficit is created by spending more than you take in.

A tax cut, increase, or staying the same DOES NOT MATTER to this basic fact.

if you continue (as government has) to spend more than you take in what taxes do wont change.

second and most important FACT.

EVERY TIME taxes were cut be it bush, regan, JFK ( A DEMOCRAT BTW) and now trump the money coming in to the government was TWO SOMETIMES THREE OR MORE TIMES GREATER than without it.

So the government was NOT GETTING LESS IN REVENUE BUT MORE.

Overall its NOT TAX CUTS BUT SPENDING THATS THE PROBLEM.

Get it yet?
because even a cave man or gecko understands.

scrounger

top topics

<< 1   >>

join