It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will the DNC throw against Trump in 2020...as well as the RNC?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Nikki Haley? &

.....oh God Bernie Sanders.

I still think that had he been the one to go up against Trump, he could have won. So many liberal college kids hearing free this, and free that, would have got them to the polls. I'm so glad he got screwed out of his chance.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Why would that "worry" you? Seems she'd be more than qualified.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

A strong foreign policy could also be described as cutting funding to nations that don't adhere to human rights and freedoms.

A strong foreign policy could mean stricter sanctions on nations.

Tougher trade negotiations.

Closed borders.

I'm all for a powerful military. But to use it wisely and not to employ a fire hose to put out a match.

War has become a sick business.

I'm all for ending military involvement and closing bases across the globe.

That's the kind of strong foreign policy I was talking about.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It will Also be a " No Brainer " Vs Pond Scum .

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Any of these will work!!!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The DNC has pretty much boxed itself into having to run a far left crazy.

I'd say Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Bernie Sanders will be the main contenders.
Corey Booker is not a leftist, but a neo liberal establishment crony. Sanders and progressives identify him as such based on his pharmaceutical support.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: UKTruth

Except none of them are far left, the same neoliberal centrists as always
Sanders is moderately left. The rest, are not.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: [post=23425699]matafuchs[/post

So I think it'll be a referendum between capitalism and communism.

To the nutters that have no clue about what either capitalism or communism is, I would agree.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There are plenty of arguments against 1, 3, and 4. Strong foreign policy has meant 7 decades of pretty horrific actions by the uS and allies, from torture to illegal Wars and overthrowing democracies. Finally, you conservatives contradict yourselves. You say you want "small government" and preservation of civil rights and freedom, yet support big military and foreign interventions that are antithetical to both. Big military IS big government. Only libertarians are consistent on that point. There are policies the conservatives and many DNC allies support that actually inhibit a robust, more equitable economy. The rest I have no problem with. Also, your binary extreme framing of the "referendum' isn't helpful.
and a reply to: DBCowboy

edit on 23-5-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14 Also, your binary extreme framing of the "referendum' isn't helpful.

I'm sick of beating around the bush.

I'll call it nasty ass dictatorship if it saves feelings around here, but it's still the same god-damned thing. The left is pushing for communism, and not the awesome kind that only exists in classrooms and think tanks, but the authoritarian disgusting kind that silences freedoms.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14 Also, your binary extreme framing of the "referendum' isn't helpful.

I'll call it nasty ass dictatorship if it saves feelings around here, but it's still the same god-damned thing. The left is pushing for communism, and not the awesome kind that only exists in classrooms and think tanks, but the authoritarian disgusting kind that silences freedoms.

The Left cannot even go far enough left to discuss a universal healthcare system, yet you go as far as to say they want communism?

That's just stupid and ignorant.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The Left cannot even go far enough left to discuss a universal healthcare system, yet you go as far as to say they want communism?

Yeah, no, sticks and stones.

My point stands.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It's hyperbole. Some on the real left want that, and some dem ideas have leftist influence. I'll give you that. Your framing though is no less hyperbolic than the democrats calling you all fascists. A lot though is not communist nor leftist but actually center right wing policy, from war to economic and regulatory policy. Further, you asked a question and then didn't respond to my rebuttal, with all due respect.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

My point stands.

It doesn't though. Communists mock the dems as center right wingers. I think you need to study what an actual communist system looks like, and accompanying policies. Dems are economic neo liberals just like the republicans, which makes them all economic right wingers.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

My point stands.

Not really. That's the problem.

What you think communism is and what communism actually is are two completely different things.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I answered your question actually. Someone else asked the same thing so I posted a reply.

See below. . . .

A strong foreign policy could also be described as cutting funding to nations that don't adhere to human rights and freedoms.

A strong foreign policy could mean stricter sanctions on nations.

Tougher trade negotiations.

Closed borders.

I'm all for a powerful military. But to use it wisely and not to employ a fire hose to put out a match.

War has become a sick business.

I'm all for ending military involvement and closing bases across the globe.

That's the kind of strong foreign policy I was talking about.

As for communists?

Honestly? I think republicans and democrats can't wait until total government control. Democrats are just more open about it while republicans lie more.

Republicans (for the most part) are just using Trump like people use a Kleenex. Use it and toss it.

It's not hyperbole to suggest that the government's main goal is to grow government and government reliance.

In my most humble opinion.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I doubt anyone knows what Trump will do in the future. He probably doesn't know either.

In spite of his poor approval ratings, it looks like he'll have a fighting chance of staying POTUS. The opposition are looking feeble and disorganised. They've got no figureheads and their policies aren't coherent. From my small corner of England, it doesn't look as if there's any leadership in the Dems. They're apparently expecting to win by default like Trump's ratings will fall so low that they win by some teensy margins. That's not a 'win' it's more like passive wishful thinking.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How about Tulsi Gabbard? She's left, but not corporate insider like Hillary or Kamala harris or Biden.

She seems sensible. Military Vet.

Right now I like her over any of the other left leaning candidates. She's need some backing. Like Sanders would need to endorse her for starters.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Why play games? We all know it's going to be Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders running for the nomination again. I mean that's been obvious since this all started.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
How about Tulsi Gabbard? She's left, but not corporate insider like Hillary or Kamala harris or Biden.

She seems sensible. Military Vet.

Right now I like her over any of the other left leaning candidates. She's need some backing. Like Sanders would need to endorse her for starters.
I support tulsi Gabbard. Look what they did to Sanders though, and are doing now with local progressive candidates. The DNC is not a progressive entity.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join