It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landmark lawsuit claims Monsanto hid cancer danger of weedkiller for decades

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
We have probably all heard rumors and studies of the product Round-up being a carcinogenic and how Monsanto has done everything to hide studies or debunk any bad studies.. Last year there was a big to do about glyphosate being found in the food we eat and even in mothers milk.. Then Crickets as far as a further uproar ?? The government probably just changed the allowed upper limits for glyphosate in humans.

I remember doing or replying to a thread about rats and their tumors when fed genetically modified food produced by Monsanto. The tumors developed after 6 months but the safety studies and test of the products by Monsanto was always terminated at the six month point thus they were declared safe..
DeWayne was a grounds keeper

At the age of 46, DeWayne Johnson is not ready to die. But with cancer spread through most of his body, doctors say he probably has just months to live. Now Johnson, a husband and father of three in California, hopes to survive long enough to make Monsanto take the blame for his fate.

On 18 June, Johnson will become the first person to take the global seed and chemical company to trial on allegations that it has spent decades hiding the cancer-causing dangers of its popular Roundup herbicide products – and his case has just received a major boost.

Last week Judge Curtis Karnow issued an order clearing the way for jurors to consider not just scientific evidence related to what caused Johnson’s cancer, but allegations that Monsanto suppressed evidence of the risks of its weed killing products. Karnow ruled that the trial will proceed and a jury would be allowed to consider possible punitive damages.

Oops !
www.theguardian.com...

Of course Monsanto says: www.theguardian.com...

On Monday, a federal court hearing in San Francisco will turn a public spotlight on to the science surrounding the safety of one of the world’s most widely used pesticides, a weedkilling chemical called glyphosate that has been linked to cancer and is commonly found in our food and water, even in our own bodily fluids. Given the broad health and environmental implications tied to the use of this pesticide, we would be well served to pay attention.

As the active ingredient in Monsanto’s branded Roundup and hundreds of other herbicides, glyphosate represents billions of dollars in annual revenues for Monsanto and other companies, and is prominently used by farmers as an aid in food production. It’s also favored by cities for keeping public parks and playgrounds weed free, and by homeowners who want a tidy lawn. But the chemical was deemed a probable human carcinogen by the World Health Organization’s cancer experts in 2015 in a finding that has since triggered waves of liability lawsuits against Monsanto.

Heated debates over the safety – or lack thereof – of this popular pesticide have spanned the globe and sparked propaganda warfare with each side claiming the other has misrepresented the scientific record. Cancer victims allege Monsanto has “ghost” written research reviews, unduly influenced regulators and created front groups to falsely claim glyphosate safety. Monsanto, meanwhile, asserts multiple studies by international scientists are flawed and politically motivated, and says industry studies demonstrate the product is safe when used as intended.

I remember how safe agent orange was claimed to be. Had a couple of friends die from that crap.. So maybe we will finally get a definitive answer to just how safe the glyphosate based Round-up really is... Hope so..
edit on 727rdk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I had made a thread back awhile ...

In September 2012 Food and Chemical Toxicology, a respected scientific trade journal, released a study by a team of scientists at France’s Caen University led by Professor Gilles-Eric Seralini. The results of the study sent shockwaves around the world. Seralini’s group had just completed the world’s first-ever feeding study of the effect on more than 200 rats of a diet of GMO corn over a period of a full two years at a cost of €3 million. The study was ultimately published after a four-month peer-review process by scientifically qualified colleagues and after two years of research in absolute secrecy to avoid industry pressure.
Perhaps most astonishing was the fact that the Seralini study was the first long-term study of the effects of a GMO diet in the world after almost two decades of widespread proliferation of GMO crops. No one else until then had made tests over the entire two year life span of rats—no government, no university, no food end-user like Nestle, Unilever, Kellogg or Kraft Foods or any such mega food concerns using GMO in their products. All previous studies were merely a brief three months or less, far too short a time to determine the possible effects of a GMO diet, as Seralini’s study dramatically confirmed. Seralini’s group based their experiment on the same protocol as the original Monsanto study but, critically, testing more parameters more frequently. And the rats were studied for much longer—their full two year average life-time instead of just 90 days in the Monsanto study. The long time span proved critical. The first tumors only appeared after 4 to7 months into the study. In industry’s earlier 90-day study on the same GMO maize, Monsanto NK603, signs of toxicity were seen but were dismissed as “not biologically meaningful” by industry and EFSA alike. As Seralini’s study confirmed, they were indeed very biologically meaningful. The Seralini study concluded, “In females, all treated groups died 2–3 times more than controls, and more rapidly.... journal-neo.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Will follow this one now

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Good I hope Monsanto are sued successfully and ultimately brought down under a ton of law suits. They know exactly the amount harm their GM and roundup combination makes. Pure scum

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Monsanto has a couple friends in the administration. Trump and Pruitt. I wouldn't expect to many of those HORRIBLE REGULATIONS. This is the administration of dirty water and dirty air. What difference will it make if a few poisons get into the enviroment?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Monsanto

Continuing the legacy of IG Farben

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I still find myself in amazement that this not blatantly understood by any educated mind. I mean I get that Monsanto has a heavy hand in the indoctrination of the masses, but really.... a toxic pesticide does not cause cancer?

Logic would dictate that something that murders the environment would also murder you.

They literally need to break up Monsatan/Bayer like they broke up IG Farben, only this time do not let the Nazi's continue to do their work.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Companies like Monsanto expose the fundamental flaws in the capitalist model. Profits are put above anything, including peoples lives, and if anyone says anything about it, they have the power to fund bad science and lobby government to their cause!! Makes you wonder why so many people think we'd be lost without capitalism.

I wonder how many children die of cancer every year because of these crooks? It doesn't bear thinking about.

Perhaps it's our own faults for allowing things to continue as they do.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I live out in the country with lots of farms.

Late last year there were helicopters spraying roundup. (yeah I know)
Lots of local people were questioning what the helicopters were for. They response was: they said they were planting seeds.
People just accepted that. I was shocked.

I'm sorry but "seeds" don't burn your throat and hurt your eyes when you are outside, seeds aren't spread on crops that are already 3-5ft tall. "seeds" don't turn lush green crops yellow in one day.

People are dumb and will believe anything. We have lost our critical thinking ability.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

How do you make a short lived compliant population that will never use the faux pension systems the government or big business maintain? You slow kill them with poisons and their brain chemistry en masse. Then you feed them canned editorials presented as news to get their thinking in step with primary agenda. They end up dying off between 50 and 60. I honestly believe my generation will be the first that lives a shorter period than my parents.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
They didn't protest when Fluoride™ was added to the water supply. Now that their Pineal Glands are calcified, they can't remember to care...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
wait for it ......... wait for it ......... here comes phage to save the day in 3... 2.... 1.....

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

edit on 23-5-2018 by ZombieZygote because: Wrong thread

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

What power do Trump and Pruitt have in the executive branch to stop a lawsuit? Today a judge ruled Trump cannot block critics on twitter. Don't be so dense -- you are smarter than this. The real reason this will go nowhere is because of the WHO as usual.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Great post Sky,

I think if the United States citizens knew that Glysophate is
sprayed directly on harvested wheat, and it soaks in they would
revolt. Potent doses of Round Up on bread that people eat
every day. Its time to ban this practice, and ban Round Up!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I live on a Chain O Lakes here in Flori-Duh and there are canals that run out of the lake proper. Anyways I was out fishing last week and a guy I usually wave to flagged Me down and He was wanting to chat. I pull the boat nearer to Him and He wants to boast about getting some pipes to pull fresh water out of the Lagoon, so 1 guy is working w/PVC and then another worker behind Him is in FULL SUIT covered FULLY head-to-toe squirting poison on His lawn.

Both of My dogs were whining and He says "Whats wrong with them, they're usually laying on the floor?..." I say "Must be the poison, I hope that doesn't leak down to the aquifer where You're getting Your fresh water..." Then the guy laying the pipe and looks up at Me and says "Of course it does..." and then My friend just dropped His head..

Stay Hydrated... (But don't drink crappy water...)

P.S. Does anyone know if You can take out a Life Policy on someone w/out them knowing about it? hahahahahahaha

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

It is a poison, and it is everywhere, in all of the water
just as your story goes. It is a tragedy in slow motion.

Most other countries it is illegal to spray Glysophate on
harvested crops. Not in the U.S. We are headed for
a crisis, and Monsanto is at the helm.

top topics

join