It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgetown Students Host Community Dialogue on Racism, Ask White Allies Not to Attend

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Black students have a debate about racism and imparts its own hypocrisy and racism by excluding (perceived) white students - skin that looks white...

Got to play the black card (aka Victim) as much as they can to feel validated about their supposed fake oppression so they have a reason to demand more. Sounds about right.

So sick of this dumb argument over trivial stupidity regarding someone's skin color.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How are college institutions still allowed to practice segregation? Between there being color related colleges and the frats and sororities. Why are business that are subject to government funding allowed to be segregated especially when you consider the government forces affirmative action in the private sector?

+5 more 
posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
"Students of color".....how stupid. Like "people of color".

All they did was take what became a racist term, flip the words and add "of" in the middle. So now "students of color" is preferred, "colored students", however, gets you curb stomped

Does anyone else see how stupid this is?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Instead of white devil I shall now only accept devil person of non-color.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

And because of that you people are angry? Dont get it. Sometimes you are not welcome, thats life.

So segregation is just life? Black activists are extremists if they believe in that. Thats an extremist POV.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

It’s an ellaborate ruse. I’m sure no white people wanted to show up in the first place.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Instead of white devil I shall now only accept devil person of non-color.

Diablo blancka

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

How dare you bring that gender specific language in here, for future reference my identity would end with an "o", as I have "00"
edit on 5/23/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Woodcarver

How dare you bring that gender specific language in here, for future reference my identity would end with an "o", as I have "00"
Sorry sorry!! Just don’t call the canadian police on me.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The world won't start to improve until we start teaching our children that skin color is no different from eye or hair color -- some people have darker skin and others have paler skin and that's all there is to it.

But these days, that teaching is considered racist because it is "stripping" people of their rich, cultural experience ... but only if they have certain skin colors.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
Dont get it. Sometimes you are not welcome, thats life.

You're not welcome to sit at the front of the bus, you're not welcome to use the same drinking fountain, you're not welcome in this establishment because of something you can't change about yourself. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Because, and correct me if I'm wrong, it almost sounds racist.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
And so...what would they actually do if some white people showed up? Stop them from going in? Physically remove them? I could see that getting ugly really quickly.
edit on 23/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Perpetuating racism is never good.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What is the solution to these types of things happening? Any suggestions or are we just here to circle jerk each other and make racist innuendos and generalizations?

This group is pretty dumb for doing this but I wouldn't be surprised if the organizers were paid to make such exclusions in order to rile up the victim complexes and hate in people such as those commenting in this thread so far. Stir as much # as possible, that's the name of the game and people keep taking the bait.

Or you've gone so progressive that you swung all the way back around and brought segregation back.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Someone folk should dress up as Darth Vader and Stormtroopers while playing 'Ebony and Ivory' in a hilarious sign of protest.

If i'm not mistaken open forums should be unbiased, yes you can share your opinion but you can't exclude a certain class. If I was to hold a open forum on why Star Wars is better than Star Trek, Is it right to deny the Star Trek fans entry? Those fans might have some valid arguments that are worth considering.

I have black friends and not once did color come into question. I don't know where this hatred comes from; I was never a slave owner so why is derision pointed at me? I'm 33 and the slave trade happened hundreds of years before I was born.

Yes the black community has a right to be angry, but they don't have the right to hate all white people because of the acts of white people they have never met.

(post by UnBreakable removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You want this #hit to stop?

Good luck with that! ITS A BUSINESS MODEL!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

"I've" gone so progressive? Don't include me in this dumb reverse racism.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

More inclusion in each others cultures not less.

Having more sex with people who have different color skin.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Nah, he's as raucous and independant as anyone i've seen on ATS.

Most ATSers are talking Trump vs whomever. E1 is keeping his CT stripes and trusting/believing no one. Its the identity politics that are skewing vision for ya, man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join