It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media will be a bellwether for DC corruption exposure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It is my contention that the media will be a bellwether for DC corruption exposure.

Right now they are ideologically following in goosestep with the Obama administration-shallow state coup attempt.

But with the soon-to-be-released IG report, I think things will turn and turn quickly.

Politicians, political lackeys come and go.

But the media always remains.

Now the MSM, CNN/MSNBC/NBC/ABC/CBS/PBS were all planning and hoping for a communist-style regime with Hillary. They even support the Obama admin campaign to spy and abuse the rule of law and abuse the Constitution by creating a false excuse to start an illegal investigation of Trump.

But it is failing.

And the media has to retain something of their former integrity, so as soon as the writing is on the wall, the media, like the soulless amoral jackals that they are, will turn on their former party comrades and tear them apart just so later they can say, "See! We're impartial! Trust us!".

In my opinion.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
anyone who is oblivious to what's happening has a low IQ imo, also I would like to point out that these people are very emotion thinkers which isn't really bad but they for some reason are more easily hypnotized than more cerebral thinking people such as myself

we've lost a balance now where people are either going emotional - left or cerebral - right

gotta find a balance

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nope.

The media will do everything they can to minimize the outcome of the report- assuming of course it cuts in the direction many of us assume.

I have felt for several months now that we are past the point of no return. They're burning the place down. And even after we are all standing in the ash of it all, the media will still blame Trump and reject all responsibility.

The animus for Trump and the animus for what is effectively half the country ensures things will only get much worse long before it gets any better.

At some point, you just have to admit you're living through the demise of our nation- at least, that is, in its present form.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

society is collapsing that's why birth rates are so low, drug usage is so high and families are literally falling apart

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

So long as DC Corruption divides the people I suppose you are right. When has the media not been a bellwether for the most controversial stories though? Best case is 50/50 viewership with the country divided but attentive so we can watch rivaling networks run the same pharmaceutical ads between 5 minute segments of conjecture from supposed subject matter experts who are paid to form your opinion.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Nope.

The media will do everything they can to minimize the outcome of the report- assuming of course it cuts in the direction many of us assume.

I have felt for several months now that we are past the point of no return. They're burning the place down. And even after we are all standing in the ash of it all, the media will still blame Trump and reject all responsibility.

The animus for Trump and the animus for what is effectively half the country ensures things will only get much worse long before it gets any better.

At some point, you just have to admit you're living through the demise of our nation- at least, that is, in its present form.

Uh. . . ok.

That's the "glass-half-empty" approach, and I hope you are wrong.

That being said, what you say does have merit.

It's been my contention that Trump will be the last president we have, but I'm always hoping I'm wrong.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The media are now and have always been pure whores. When the tide turns---and it is as we speak--- I suspect they will jump ship.

Curious that they haven't already assumed a more conservative(or at least centrist) bias considering how badly Fox news and the few conservative outlets outperform them. I suppose Soros' money has offset them for a good while, but that well will dry up eventually.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's been my contention that Trump will be the last president we have, but I'm always hoping I'm wrong.

Lol! You sure you are not quoting Baba Vanga quoting Baron Trump’s Marvelous Underground Journey?

Why do you think this? What about Kanye in 2024? :-p

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I'm generally very optimistic about the future. But I'm starting to wonder how much of my optimism is really delusion, or at best wishful thinking.

We have witnessed things over the last 24 months that prior to that timeframe no one could have imagined.

When nations have fallen throughout history, I've often wondered what the day before the collapse or the day before all hell broke loose was like?

I'm willing to bet it was just another 'normal' day... until it wasn't.

So what are we now? The rule or the exception?
edit on 22-5-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Lol! You sure you are not quoting Baba Vanga quoting Baron Trump’s Marvelous Underground Journey?

Why do you think this? What about Kanye in 2024? :-p

Kanye would be great if he was for smaller government and lower taxes!

As to why I think this?

Even if it is shown that the Obama administration orchestrated all illegal activities, there are too many in power and in the US who would rather have a scorched earth than a nation run by the rule of law and the Constitution.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure what use the media is at this point.

We dont need them.

I dont watch or listen to the circus, whether cnn or fox.

If something like another 9-11 were to happen tomorrow, I would not turn to the MSM.

Thats just a fact of my life at this point. The media has no credibility. They've proven they either can't get the facts straight or refuse to. Either is unacceptable. Why in the world would/should I lend them a minute of my time?!

There's a reason Trump uses Twitter. (I don't even use Twitter, FB, the like)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Even if it is shown that the Obama administration orchestrated all illegal activities, there are too many in power and in the US who would rather have a scorched earth than a nation run by the rule of law and the Constitution.

While I still think the media will turn, too many don't want the rule of law.

You may be right.

But man?

I hope we're both totally off base.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Those in the media aren't that intelligent, they will chase butterflies all day long forever until they fall off the bridge or go off the cliff. They are interested in getting viewers, not in telling the truth. The deceivers always get out of control just before the end of civilization.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I hope so too. I have a child who I hope lives a full and fulfilling life long after I'm gone.

But being completely honest, the future looks very grim.

Think about it. We are where we are now, and that's before any of the real disruptions take place. What happens when a third or more of our society is displaced by automation? What happens when AI governs our economic, political and social activities? What happens when the idea of any privacy or obscurity are completely obliterated by emerging technologies? We are at the dawn of all three of those things. And that only scratches the surface. Think of the obvious geopolitical events likely to occur...or the resource ones...etc.

When left with little else, perhaps wishful thinking or delusion is the best course after all.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

And the media has to retain something of their former integrity, so as soon as the writing is on the wall, the media, like the soulless amoral jackals that they are, will turn on their former party comrades and tear them apart

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It simply has to be something so big that they cannot ignore it to change the tide.

Whatever that may be remains to be seen.

But it has to something so big that they can no longer refuse to report on it due to political bias.
edit on R142018-05-22T23:14:15-05:00k145Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R142018-05-22T23:14:59-05:00k145Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Thats just a fact of my life at this point. The media has no credibility. They've proven they either can't get the facts straight or refuse to. Either is unacceptable. Why in the world would/should I lend them a minute of my time?! There's a reason Trump uses Twitter. (I don't even use Twitter, FB, the like)
No news could be good news ...just saying .

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
I'm not sure what use the media is at this point.

We dont need them.

I dont watch or listen to the circus, whether cnn or fox.

If something like another 9-11 were to happen tomorrow, I would not turn to the MSM.

Thats just a fact of my life at this point. The media has no credibility. They've proven they either can't get the facts straight or refuse to. Either is unacceptable. Why in the world would/should I lend them a minute of my time?!

There's a reason Trump uses Twitter. (I don't even use Twitter, FB, the like)

So where will you get your world view from, Trumps tweets ?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I wish I could agree, and I hope you are right, but just can’t see it. That world government means the world to them, and always will, until ‘world’ is replaced with ‘universe’.

In terms of mediation, I suspect we will not hear ideological speculative talking points
such as Watergate comparisons and so forth, but not for the correct reasons. Imagine had Nixon pulled this stunt, using the government intelligence community rather than partisan colleagues and thugs to swing an election? That the media were complicit in this coup shoe-in attempt will only become more obvious as they shield and run interference for traitor Obama, lauding him strongly as things get hotter for him and his accomplices.

Really, what they did they are still doing, and will persist in doing. They cannot wait for the next big election cycle, and we are simply supposed to be placated, by their signal and song, just as sharp broken shards of glass lose their edge after seasons on the surf....because this is far far worse than Watergate. And because it means the world to them. But I am so deaf and dumb to their dildospine-to-mouthpiece carriage and tone.

Remember Obama’s words: ‘there was not a smidgen of corruption’, just like there wasn’t a touch of white in his mostly caucasian constitution. This is their story and they will stick with it. There will be no corruption found nor idea of it fostered by the media, and were it possible to go back in time and alter events, such that the DNC were traced to Watergate, there would not have been a peep about this in the newspapers of the day.

See, corruption is nothing more or less than SOP wherein the ‘progressive’ mindset and mediacreatures are involved (is it so hard to say ‘she’?)
And they are involved.
This is ‘The World’ to them.
It will always be.

It is up to us, to ‘bring it’, for ‘the media’ have lost the ball a long time ago

# 985
edit on 23-5-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Nope.

Yep, agree.
We haven't even got close to the depths the media and their establishment masters in Washington will go - even though we're now at a stage where they support MS13, Iran, North Korea, illegal aliens that murder innocents and the EU (the worst of the bunch) over their own country and people.
If and when the approach of running an illegal investigation into the President comes to an end, the desperation will lead them to far lower depths.
I can see open calls in the media for Trump to be assassinated, the incitement of civil war, appeals to the military to overthrow the govt, States trying to leave the Union...
I just don't think there is any way back for them.
The only hope is that the people wake up, because those that have sought to destroy the country are a minority

top topics

<<   2 >>

join