It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is actually the range of SPY-1D radar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Aegis.....................Aegis.......................

Many modern navies most advanced surface combatants feature the advanced SPY-1D radar. SPY-1D radar is the most advanced fielded naval airsearch radar now. Many people have been interested at the exact range of the SPY-1 radars but none of the websites on the internet seem to display that and would someone of experience estimate the range of the radar system? or better how far away would the radar be able to detect a fourth generation aircraft (e.g. Su-27, Mig-29, F-15, 16, 18, Mirage-2000s)?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Ummmm let's see.........

ever think that this may be CLASSIFIED????

sheesh.

I spent 2.5 years working with SPY-1D and it's TBMD capability. I'll not say what the range is but I will say that it is far superior to any previously vaunted Aegis radar system.........

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Darth,

I worked in Moorestown on Aegis between 1996 and 2000. Perhaps we knew each other.

Cole

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Not as far as the Sampson radar

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
When I stood Electronic Support Measures watch on a nuclear submarine and our periscope was painted with this radar, I didn't even need to access the NSA- EPL to identify it. It's signature and parameters are very unique. One listen with the headphones and a quick look on the WLR-8 screen and you knew what it was.

top topics

join