It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cars & Fake Reviews...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I was away, but now that I'm not away I can give a thread the proper hoax bin/ fake reviews label it needs.

"A Legend in music...truly a legend" where OP cited that bassist and vocalist Benjamin Orr was the chief hit maker for The Cars and Ric Ocasek kinda had a tossaway hit with Touch & Go.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But take another look..

Ric Ocasek, indisputable bandleader and front man for the group, was also the sole songwriter with the exception of a few co-credits with pianist Greg Hawkes (and actually provided vocals for some of the songs mistakenly attributed to Orr in the fake review thread.)

Simply click your favorite album and see which member contributed and how

en.wikipedia.org...

So what did Benjamin Orr do? Well, he didn't write any songs, but still provided many stellar vocal performances. Hardly a Lennon and McCartney relationship.

In fact, maybe next we can look forward to other fake reviews like why Ringo was the most vital Beatles member, or that the real tragic loss was the Big Bopper and not that 'Buddy Holly' guy.

Stay tuned

Don't worry Mr. Ocasek, the fans haven't forgotten your 'contributions' to the band

edit on 22-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have no idea what your OP is actually about, but S&F because I am a huge fan of The Cars. Rick is amazing.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill
I am a huge fan of The Cars. Rick is amazing.

And how!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Never heard that tonight she comes song. Cool thanks.
The Cars are sweet.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Oops! Careful!

You just posted an Ocasek vocal

Oh well it's a party now

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thank you for correcting that other hoax bin junk thread.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Then party on!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright
Thank you for correcting that other hoax bin junk thread.

It's not to say that Orr didn't contribute. I think 'Drive' ranks among my favorite tunes (Orr provided vocals here.)

But I'll be damned if someone tries to say that Ric Ocasek wasn't the band when he most certainly was. What's next? John Paul Jones was the true brain behind Led Zep?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I do not like the Cars even though I'm from Boston. Post Cars, my cousin was working with Ben Orr on a project. Unfortunately, Ben died before it was done. My cousin died not long after.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
My tastes as a musician always leaned towards Blues and Hard Rock, especially post-disco in the 80s, but it's amazing that 20-40 years later I can hear the first 3-4 seconds of a song like "Shake it up", and it's like running into an old lover that you haven't seen or heard from for 30 years.

It's the closest thing to time-travel that I can think of.

top topics

join