It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher, Christains have neurological disorder

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Did he feel sorry for Jews, too? Or find stupid ones to interview?
Since he is Jewish.

Yep, he managed to find Jews to interview.
And.....Bill Maher is not Jewish. He was raised as a Catholic.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I really don't see how that is relevant. Straw man/beg the question arguments are lame.

Address the issue.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

The issue IS Bill Maher and his mockumentary Religulous!
Is it not?
From wiki;

Maher is an advisory board member of author Sam Harris's The Reason Project

I told you he got that from Harris!

Maher describes himself as a staunch supporter of Israel.

Thought so. Not that I don't, but I don't give Israel a blank check to destroy palestinians and dissenters!
I actually agree with some of his stances!

Not this though;

Maher has been a critic of 9/11 conspiracy theories, stating for instance on the September 14, 2007 edition of Real Time, "Crazy people who still think the government brought down the Twin Towers in a controlled explosion have to stop pretending that I'm the one who's being naïve. How big a lunatic do you have to be to watch two giant airliners packed with jet fuel slam into buildings on live TV, igniting a massive inferno that burned for two hours, and then think, 'well, if you believe that was the cause...' "[19]
On October 19, 2007 Maher had several conspiracy theorist hecklers ejected from his show audience (by Maher himself, jumping off the stage and confronting the hecklers, generating loud applause and laughter) when they interrupted the live show numerous times by calling out from the audience.[20][dead link][21] This drew significant media attention and even praise from Fox News talk show host and frequent critic John Gibson, who stated, "I bet next week I'll be angry or annoyed at something Maher says. But this week, it's hats off to Bill for a job well done."[22]

Anyone who questions the realities of 9-11 is 'crazy'?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

His mother was Jewish, making him Jewish.

From Wiki;

The traditional view is that a Jew is a person born to a Jewish mother or who is a convert to Judaism.

Bill Maher: A Day Without Jews.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Ok...he was an...er....Jewish boy, raised as a Catholic. Does that sound better? Went to Catholic school but now considers himself an atheist.

I have tickets for his show in mid-April. Can't wait.
I also want to see if I find videos online of his debate vs. the she-Devil, I mean, Ann Coulter.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Neurological disorder??? I don't think Bill Maher even know what a neurological disorder is.

* Agenesis of the corpus callosum
* Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (see Motor Neurone Disease)
* Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
* Autism
* Auditory processing disorder
* Autonomic Dysfunction
* Back Pain
* Behcet's disease
* Bell's palsy
* Brain abscess
* Brain damage
* Brain injury
* Brain tumor
* Spinal tumor
* Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS)
* Central pain syndrome
* Centronuclear myopathy
* Cerebral palsy
* Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
* Chronic pain
* Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
* Cushing's syndrome
* Delayed sleep phase syndrome
* Dermatomyositis
* Diabetic neuropathy
* Epilepsy
* Essential tremor
* Guillain-Barré syndrome
* Huntington's disease
* Locked-In syndrome
* Lou Gehrig's disease (See Motor Neurone Disease)
* Menieres disease
* Mini-Strokes
* Multifocal motor neuropathy
* Multiple sclerosis
* Myasthenia gravis
* Narcolepsy
* Neurofibromatosis
* Neurological sequelae of lupus
* O'Sullivan-McLeod syndrome
* Occipital Neuralgia
* Optic neuritis
* Orthostatic Hypotension
* Parkinson's disease
* Paraneoplastic diseases
* Peripheral neuropathy
* Persistent Vegetative State
* Pituitary tumors
* PMG
* Polio
* Polymicrogyria
* Polymyositis
* Porencephaly
* Post-Polio syndrome
* Postherpetic Neuralgia (PHN)
* Primary Lateral Sclerosis
* Ramsay-Hunt syndrome (Type I and Type II)
* Rasmussen's encephalitis
* Reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome
* Repetitive stress injury
* Restless legs syndrome
* Retrovirus-associated myelopathy
* Shingles
* Shy-Drager syndrome
* Sjögren's syndrome
* Sleep apnea
* Sleeping sickness
* Snatiation
* Sotos syndrome
* Spina bifida
* Spinal cord injury
* Spinal cord tumors

He must mean neuropsychiatric dsorders.

He just don't know what he is talking about

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Last night on his show, he quoted a Christian senator who "disproved" global warming by citing the Bible. Kind of a point in case right there. Just shows how people get voted in simply because of religion, and not because of anything logical.

Only in a nation full of fringe-religious nuts can someone get elected into a secular office for radical religious thought.

[edit on 4/4/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Shows you how ignorant a vast majority of people really are and how religions prey upon that to manipulate.
I moved a few months ago to a Mid-west state.
You have no idea how scary some people are here. When you overhear conversations of people around you......

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Scientists are divided on whether religious belief has a biological basis.Some evolutionary theorists have suggested that Darwinian natural selection may have put a premium on individuals if they were able to use religious belief to survive hardships that may have overwhelmed those with no religious convictions.

Others have suggested that religious belief is a side effect of a wider trait in the human brain to search for coherent beliefs about the outside world. Religion and belief in God, they argue, are just a manifestation of this intrinsic, biological phenomenon that makes the human brain so intelligent and adaptable. (Source-NZHerald)

natural selection may have put a premium on individuals if they were able to use religious belief to survive hardships that may have overwhelmed those

with no religious convictions.

Who has the neurological disorder?

So with this in mind,

The researchers said their findings supported the idea that the brain had evolved to be sensitive to any form of belief that improved the chances of survival,

Where does that leave atheist?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
WOW!
It's OK for our world leaders to be part of a cult (Freemasons) who worship LUCIFER???? and there is MORE then enough evidence proving it..
But say GOD or JESUS your a nut case..
DON'T attack or question their sanity???? Don't post anything against them..Just the Christians.
I got NEWS for you...If the world leaders worship Lucifer....MAKES JESUS ALL THAT MORE REAL TO ME... They have infiltrated everything including the Catholic Church and most Churches are getting paid off by the government.
The people running over 50% of the churches are FREEMASONS.
If you don't see it...Your blind
This has nothing to do with what the bible says..but the perverted and blasphemous people that preach his word.
The bible says that the generation that see's the birth of Israel will not pass until the raising of the Antichrist..
The bible foretells all that is happening right now..BUT most of you denier's wouldn't know that cause you haven't read the bible..
It even predicts that that people like you would deny him in the last days..
I don't care if any of you don't believe in him...cause you have to answer for yourself. Remember if you deny Jesus to men, Jesus will deny you before the father.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
>
New American Standard Bible ©
“Difficult Times Will Come”

1 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. 6 For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men of depraved mind, rejected in regard to the faith. 9 But they will not make further progress; for their folly will be obvious to all, just as Jannes’s and Jambres’s folly was also.
10 Now you followed my teaching, conduct, purpose, faith, patience, love, perseverance, 11 persecutions, and sufferings, such as happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium and at Lystra; what persecutions I endured, and out of them all the Lord rescued me! 12 Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. 13 But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join