It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists urge Amazon to drop facial recognition for police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

The state has my DNA but they had to take it by force last time I was arrested.
For the record, I was released with no further action/no charges. I still think I won the mind battle that day when the snatch squad from Plymouth visited me in my police cell.
Local cops were cool, even when I insisted on smiling in my mugshot, cop asked me why, and I said because if they are ever looking for me they can't release a picture that looks like the classic crim pic.
Facial recognition is probably here already the amount of cameras everywhere these days.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

true.

No sense in making it easy on them though. I think if they want an intrusive police-state they should work for it!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree

The local cops gave me umpteen chances to change my mind about giving my DNA before they sent the snatch squad from out of town in, all riot geared up.
I just couldn't willingly submit, couldn't do it and look myself in a mirror, because I was innocent...the local cops totally understood my position.

EDIT
As I equally understood the position of the local cops. I like our cops, they are like bouncers in a night club to me, useful but annoying at times.
edit on 23-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join