It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters banned from Pruitt's EPA speech

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sounds like the AP should start bring mobile cry rooms for reporters.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If I was the head of the EPA, I wouldn't allow reporters in who might disrupt a meeting either. If the media wants to watch the agencies meetings they need to be civil, not try to twist everything and try to make people say things that can be used against them in the media.

Freedom of speech does not give a person the right to print or say lies. It states that pretty clearly in past interpretations of the law.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: gariac

More tempests in a teapot reporting.

From the CNN source:

"This was simply an issue of the room reaching capacity, which reporters were aware of prior to the event," Wilcox said.

Except photographs show empty seats.

Sure, but at what "time" ?

🤦‍♀️👋

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

They are reporters from CNN, E&E, the Associated Press (who was shoved out of the door) and that is straight up Fascism.

They were eventually allowed to return after backlash on Twitter. Source

ETA
What’s up with the Pepe the Frog avatars (and we all know what they symbolize) on this site now?!?!

edit on 22-5-2018 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: highvein

Deny Ignorance....

That is why I don't like to do things for other people. I deny them.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

The entire episode was staged.

You live in SF and don't know what staged is ?

😎

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Who needs clean drinking water and fresh air nowadays, right?!?

Apparently we live in this new country where the first amendment no longer applies if you ask the wrong questions the new administration doesn’t like. It’s perfectly acceptable to be shoved out the door because one “gets what they deserve.”

Wake me up from this nightmare!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It was staged, he didn’t mean it, that’s not what he said, they’re setting us up. *yawn*

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Has Nancy Pelosi commented on this outrage yet ?

🔑🔓

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Russian/reporters (by the way , reporters do not exist anymore) all the same
Ban em all

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Apparently one side of the political spectrum claims to be for freedom and less government by less government they mean the other side being the left and by freedom they mean their version of what they think freedom is.... This is truly the twilight zone .

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Apparently we live in this new country where the first amendment no longer applies if you ask the wrong questions the new administration doesn’t like. It’s perfectly acceptable to be shoved out the door because one “gets what they deserve.”

How was the 1st Amendment violated?

First Amendment. The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

How did the Trump administration abridge their speech? Did they (Trump admin) for the press to write or not write something?

Was the press conference closed from all reporters? CNN was there, they aren't nice to the administration.

I'm curious.

Because I am a firm defender of the 1st Amendment and free speech.

So they dictated how many reporters be at a press conference. How is that silencing the press?

Was the press silenced?

This is about hating Trump, in my opinion.

The Trump haters could give a tinkers damn about the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well, for once I agree with the New York Times.

If Donald Trump Targets Journalists, Thank Obama
www.nytimes.com...

Under Mr. Obama, the Justice Department and the F.B.I. have spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled one journalist an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.
many journalism groups say the record is clear. Over the past eight years, the administration has prosecuted nine cases involving whistle-blowers and leakers, compared with only three by all previous administrations combined.

Obama’s attorney general repeatedly allowed the F.B.I. to use intrusive measures against reporters more often than any time in recent memory.

Obama Boots Reporters From Conservative Papers
abcnews.go.com...

Obama Shuts Out White House Reporters Yet Again
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Obama War on Journalism: Feds Raid Reporter, Seize Notes
www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Well, for once I agree with the New York Times.

If Donald Trump Targets Journalists, Thank Obama
www.nytimes.com...

Under Mr. Obama, the Justice Department and the F.B.I. have spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled one journalist an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.
many journalism groups say the record is clear. Over the past eight years, the administration has prosecuted nine cases involving whistle-blowers and leakers, compared with only three by all previous administrations combined.

Obama’s attorney general repeatedly allowed the F.B.I. to use intrusive measures against reporters more often than any time in recent memory.

Obama Boots Reporters From Conservative Papers
abcnews.go.com...

Obama Shuts Out White House Reporters Yet Again
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Obama War on Journalism: Feds Raid Reporter, Seize Notes
www.thenewamerican.com...

Article 1: It was on an aircraft. Truly limited space.
Article 2: Fund raisers are not public events.
Article 3: Her low life husband had gun charges. A Coastie took her notes. Probably not the best person to be on a raid. These notes were so important that she didn't know they were gone until the feds returned them.

Nice try though.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Russian/reporters (by the way , reporters do not exist anymore) all the same
Ban em all

Russian reporters are in great danger.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Yet you would joke about Russian reporters? Do you joke about drowning kittens too?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

They are reporters from CNN, E&E, the Associated Press (who was shoved out of the door) and that is straight up Fascism.

They were eventually allowed to return after backlash on Twitter. Source

ETA
What’s up with the Pepe the Frog avatars (and we all know what they symbolize) on this site now?!?!

But was Pruitt speaking at the afternoon session.

Pepe was a kind frog. He only became nasty after the alt right stole him.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

How is lying and bearing false witness punished?

When you lied before in your life did you tell mommy and daddy that they can't punish you because lying is speech, and is guaranteed under the first amendment?
Amazing value system you have there!

I hope this fresh dose of reality has now awakened you.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
So.. no more questions (as long as some people on this board deem them "stupid" or "outragous")?

How do you define the fourth power in the government - I learned that it is controlling the government by outsiders, usually by the media, done by critical questions, reports, analysises and so on.

If that is no longer needed, then you indeed have a dictatorship in a fascist style. No control from the outside (the "people" you know) means that the government can do what the government wants to do, without any repercussions.

Have fun.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

No need for questions and it critical analysis when you do everything right, anyone who disagrees obviously is just pushing fake news..... MAGA!

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If I was the head of the EPA, I wouldn't allow reporters in who might disrupt a meeting either. If the media wants to watch the agencies meetings they need to be civil, not try to twist everything and try to make people say things that can be used against them in the media.

Freedom of speech does not give a person the right to print or say lies. It states that pretty clearly in past interpretations of the law.

We're talking about the librul media, not real news people.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join