It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohen Business Partner Pleads Guilty, Agrees to Cooperate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

OMG, Tony Danza was drunk and ran over a class full of second graders. Better not bring him to justice because he say next to Trump once.

Oh no wait, True Pundit just put out a story about how Tony Danza is actually a time traveling mole sent from the future to spy on Trump for the Time Enforcement Commission (TEC). The deep state hates Trump so much that the Clinton AI had them send back moles from the future.

Now this would be an epic thread Ante.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I should stop before one of your more unhinged fellow Trump supporters starts accusing me of being a Clinton Foundation Illuminati AI sent from the future to criticize Trump.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Let the Trumpsters scrabble over the bare bones of fact

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
How do you determine what this guy is guilty of vs his business partner. This guy was running the business, it was his responsibility to do things right. Cohen does seem to be involved in a lot of shady deals though, I suppose he just closed his eyes of wrongdoings by the business partners he had. Cohen is not innocent, he is obsessed with money and probably is more of a deceiver than the majority of lawyers. Lawyers twist the law to fit their needs lots of times.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hey guys, it's Robert Mueller here. I'm going to bring down Trump by having a taxi business owner plead guilty to a REALLY small crime.

I know, I know, the only way to bust Trump is to have someone plead guilty to a major crime that Trump was involved in, but I'm pretty sure I'm on the right path.

Belieeeeeve me!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I hope you can all find your senses of humor in the breathless threads about the international conspiracy to "spy" on Trump's "coffee boys."

I got nothing if not a sense of humor.

Well great looks as well.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I should stop before one of your more unhinged fellow Trump supporters starts accusing me of being a Clinton Foundation Illuminati AI sent from the future to criticize Trump.

Wait.....you're not?

*slams door as he walks out*

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Despite all the gnashing of teeth and concern for my "TDS," my thread from yesterday did well. I might just have to go back to the pre-election style.

By contrast, a 4 post OP filled with amazing insight into multiple instances of influence peddling at the levels of government, to our Arabian Peninsula "friends" no less is doing about as well as this. And I only included the one line with a link to the article about how Broidy and his wife proposed a $75 million deal to get the DOJ investigation into 1MDB (Malaysian state-run investment fund) and Goldman Sachs dropped. A deal pitched directly to the central figure who is alleged to have embezzled gobs of money.

Can you imagine if that guy's name was Podesta? Or he'd had the same relationship with Obama or Clinton? Or a DNC finance chair? Or had a ericholder.com email address from which he'd been providing recommendations for US Attorneys?

Can you imagine that? Just that one instance from a pile of more significant ones that only merited a line towards the end of a four post OP?

And don't even get me started on the fact that his partner AND separately, Erik Prince's, is a convicted pedophile. It would be 10x as big as #PizzaGate if the shoe was on the other foot.

Jennifer Palmieri's private email discussion about fake Catholics (and she's a Catholic) with a friend was leaked by WikiLeaks and it was paid more attention.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't think it's the faulted actions of the current admin. It's the application of the smearing that isn't applied equally given similar events. The standards are highly flawed.

You've not hid your high contempt for Trump or his cabinet. I'll go out on a limb and even say you've given credit in a few places. Despite your biases you at least attempt to remain fair with the facts.

Some folks saw the media and voters give O and his administration (including HRC) a huge pass on some huge missteps and what can certainly be construed, given the public evidence, of illegality.

Given your stars and flags for your posts in contrasts with the comments, suffice it to say there are more here that see it your way than speak up against.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes but I dont think that is a criticism of just pro trump people.

I too have posted detailed threads that get very few responses, where a thread like your others where you are just ranting (and certianly I have had those) gets way more response.

I just dont care to be honest.

And for the record, I commented on your thread and mostly agreed with you.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
BTW, Trump friends. Anderson Cooper is interviewing Carter Page and the "mole inside the Trump campaign" narrative is looking terrible. This coming from the guy who had the most contact with him.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

BTW, Trump friends. Anderson Cooper is interviewing Carter Page and the "mole inside the Trump campaign" narrative is looking terrible. This coming from the guy who had the most contact with him.

Ill check it out.

In what way do you feel it is looking terrible?

As in it didnt happen as the wash post and NYT stated, ot that it wasnt nefarious?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

As in he didn't ask him anything weird, didn't try to get anything internal, wasn't trying to entrap him. Basically just run of the mill chit chat about foreign policy from this sound of it.

ETA:

Doesn't seem that he tried to get into the Trump campaign or anything like that either. In other words, no "spying." He really only seemed concerned with talking about the FISA warrant process and what he'd read in the Nunes memo.
edit on 2018-5-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Well correct me if I am wrong, but did he not specifically ask GP supposedly directly about the hacked emails? Just because he didnt ask that of Page doesnt mean he wasnt an informant.

And it seems at this point that Halper was indeed an FBI informant.

The question ids, did the FBI divulge info to Halper, did they instruct him to try to assertain info from trumps team, and when did they do that.

If Halper just reported to the FBI on his own, I dont think its that big of deal.

But if the FBI did divulge info to him or send him out, it is a very big deal, especially if this started before the July 231st date given by the FBI as the start of the investigation.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That's what I heard (re GP) but "so hey, how about those hacked emails?" isn't spying on the Trump campaign. From the sounds of it, Halper is an informant and they had him contact GP. But if all he did was feel him out regarding hacked emails from Clinton in a single encounter, don't you think that's indicative of the FBI investigating precisely what they purport as opposed to an effort to "spy on Trump's campaign" for political advantage which is what is being alleged?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Who cares about Cohen's shady private business ventures? This has no significance on the national level.

This is a matter of national concern.

See the difference?

Best of luck to your party in the mid-terms.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

That's what I heard (re GP) but "so hey, how about those hacked emails?" isn't spying on the Trump campaign. From the sounds of it, Halper is an informant and they had him contact GP. But if all he did was feel him out regarding hacked emails from Clinton in a single encounter, don't you think that's indicative of the FBI investigating precisely what they purport as opposed to an effort to "spy on Trump's campaign" for political advantage which is what is being alleged?

well no, I dont look at it quite that simply.

Let me break it down like this.

1. The fact that the fbi sent any informant is pretty bad, regardless what they asked that informant to ask. This is because the FBi could have just asked GP or Page the questions they wanted if they really wanted to get to the truth. By sending an clandestine informant, it appears that they were less concerned with getting to the bottom of russian interference and stopping it, and more concerned with trying to catch the trump team doing something.

This continues a pattern from the FBI. For example, Comey briefed Trump about the pee allegations of the dossier, but not the parts about how people on his team may have been compromised by the russians.

2. There is the question of who the FBI used, a hillary supporter (granted he was a republican, but was also a public hillary supporter) This means that anything the FBi told Halper about the investigation, presumably which had to be some so that he knew what questions to ask, had the potential of making it to hillarys campaign.

3. There is a question of WHEN the FBI contacted Halper. Regardless of what the asked him to find out, if they contacted Halper before the July 31st date that the FBI has said was the start of their investigation, its game over. That means that the FBi has publicly lied for over a year about what started the investigation, and was in fact attempting to plant clandestine informants to gather info on trumps campaign BEFORE they had a reason to start an investigation.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

Let the Trumpsters scrabble over the bare bones of fact

I am so confused right now.
Is there a bare bone in that pic? If not what do you mean?

edit: oh, I get it now. Fake bones=fake facts? Because it says they are bones on the packaging. And they are bare so wahlah!, bare bones
Just like msm.

I must say it is a good trick. Tabloid journalism 101
edit on 23-5-2018 by bulwarkz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Everyone's acting like three prosecutor went to Friedman with the plea deal. Who's to say that Friedman's lawyer didn't propose it to the prosecutor?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

Six guilty pleas, fourteen additional indictments one person already in jail.
It's sounding like a weird version of the twelve days of Christmas.
And Robert Mueller is six months ahead of anything we know about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join