It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohen Business Partner Pleads Guilty, Agrees to Cooperate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This was published in NYT this afternoon. Just another story of the kind of dirtbag culture of unfettered greed and brazen corruption that has birthed the likes of Cohen.

Michael Cohen’s Business Partner Agrees to Cooperate as Part of Plea Deal

Under the agreement, the partner, Evgeny A. Freidman, a Russian immigrant who is known as the Taxi King, will avoid jail time, and will assist government prosecutors in state or federal investigations, according to a person briefed on the matter.

Mr. Freidman has been Mr. Cohen’s partner in the taxi business for years, managing cabs for him even after New York City regulators barred Mr. Freidman last year from continuing to manage medallions.

Mr. Freidman, who was disbarred earlier this month, had been accused of failing to pay more than $5 million in taxes and faced four counts of criminal tax fraud and one of grand larceny — all B felonies. Each carries a maximum prison sentence of up to 25 years in prison.

Instead, he appeared in court in Albany on Tuesday and pleaded guilty to a single count of evading only $50,000 worth of taxes; he faces five years of probation if he fulfills the terms of his agreement, the judge, Patrick Lynch of Albany County court, said during the roughly 20-minute proceeding.

It was state case but as part of the plea agreement, he's agreed to cooperate with the feds.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

From his wiki page

Early life and education Born into a Jewish family in Leningrad, Freidman and his family immigrated to the United States as a political refugees in 1976.[5] He attended local public schools in Queens before his admission to The Bronx High School of Science, then went on to graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business from Skidmore College in 1992. He received his law degree from Yeshiva University's Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York City and was admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
6 guilty pleas now?

A russian, you say? What a coincidence!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So is Al Sharpton next for tax evasion?

This means nothing to be honest Anti and you are REALLY stretching now. Is Mueller going after the Russian mob now? A business partner of a lawyer pleas out. So, if your personal lawyer got caught doing something illegal I guess that implicates you also...right?

edit on Maypm31pmf0000002018-05-22T16:46:05-05:000405 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

A russian, you say? What a coincidence!
I think he is a jewish american now and has been sense the mid 70's

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Behind a pay wall for me.

But from what I gather, he was facing tax evasion charges, and in exchange for getting them dropped, will cooporate against cohen?

So I guess the new stragey is get anyone on any charge that is connected to anyone who may have any connection to trump.

Then drop those charges in the hopes they will flip on the next person in the chain, and so forth, until finally hopefully someone says "Trump stole the election with russians"

I cant wait for the midnight raids on other politicians lawyers to get them on chrages.

Oops, my bad, this treatment ois reserved only for trump connected people.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You do understand that the European intel agencies were not spying on Trump or his team and in late 2015 they found out they were in contact with Russians they were investigating for whatever reasons they were at that time more than likely Russian mob money laundering

If Donald’s team had behaved and were not in contact with these people there would be no problem

What should the investigators do, ignore all evidence?

They had to pass it on to the American agencies as well

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Behaved? Why is it that private citizens cannot have conversations? Like Flynn. He was not indicted on what he knew but what he forgot he said. Another BS charge to get people to cooperate and lie, not just flip.

This guy just schooled the US government with a quick plea.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Now we know.

The Russians were using reduced-rate taxi advertising !!

😎🔆

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

You do understand that the European intel agencies were not spying on Trump or his team and in late 2015 they found out they were in contact with Russians they were investigating for whatever reasons they were at that time more than likely Russian mob money laundering

If Donald’s team had behaved and were not in contact with these people there would be no problem

What should the investigators do, ignore all evidence?

They had to pass it on to the American agencies as well

What does europeans have anything to do with mueller or fbi investigations?

Which russians are you talking about.

People like Deripaska?

Oh whats that, he was also donating to hillary?

Thats the problem. Many people from all sides had contacts with russians, yet its only trumps side that gets people wiretapped, spied on, unmasked, charged, etc.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Actually they were making sure nobody uncovered the real Russian intel report that names the real "Dossier" guy.

🎁

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I've had it up to here with this stuff.

I know it is an illegal coup against Trump and leftists don't care about the rule of law, but a small part of me feels so sorry for you haters that I hope you get to find something just so you can be a tiny bit happy.

But then I realize how anti-Constitutional you all are, so suffer.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Tax evasion and COhen running a taxi business. where is the russian election connections? I dont see any.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Tax evasion and COhen running a taxi business. where is the russian election connections? I dont see any.

It's the taxi cab ads !!

Those had to sway at least 25 votes in NYC right ?

😳💫

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Yawn....

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

He was facing charges of tax evasion and grand larceny and they let him plead guilty to one reduced tax evasion charge for which he's looking at a fine and 5 years probation. He was also disbarred last month.

And the plea agreement specified that he would cooperate with federal and state investigators.

So I guess the new stragey is get anyone on any charge that is connected to anyone who may have any connection to trump.

This is a state thing. If you read up on him, he's been having years of legal troubles (and financial). I don't know that he was being investigated for anything related to Cohen.

And of course, you're not arguing that he's not guilty or the crimes of which he's guilty aren't crimes.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Two Trump hit pieces in one day reeks of desperation. The walls are closing in on your narrative, I expect 4 or 5 a day by the end of the week.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

No I know nothing of his crimes.

At this point, I will take at face value he is guilty of what he is accused.

My point is that i wish they would go after all associates of all politicians with such gusto.

This doesnt seem to have to do with anything trump related, but merely a hope he can say anything on cohen. Then a hope cohen can say anything about trump.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
What’s the big deal? I think they should throw out all evidence against Trump and everyone else connected to them. Who cares what crimes they committed. Because Obama, Hillary, DNC, texts, FBI, CIA, (insert whatever buzzword gets you outraged enough). Who do they think they are monitoring a billionaire with shady connections to shady foreign governments?

Seriously. Why isn’t this obvious to everyone.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

They got him! YES!! The Taxi King goes down. Only took a year and millions of tax dollars but by god they got him!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join