It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Bombshell from the Trump Swamp: Broidy and Nader's Anti-Qatar Scheme

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yep, one of the things I have been critical of trump of is continuning (albeit in sometimes not as a direct as manner) in ME affairs. Everyone on all sides are corrupt and peddling influence to politicians on both sides.

The whole thing is a #show. They're frenemies with one another, they're our allies officially and often materially but at the same time, these states all tolerate (often protect and even promote) extremism/terrorists. Saudi Arabia is really nobody to point their fingers at anyone else in terms of supporting terrorism.

Then these rich sheikhs have all this oil & gas money to throw at trying to buy influence. It's disgusting.

Now I dont think I would fault Obama or trump or hillary etc. for merely taking a meeting. If he took the meeting becuase he knew these people were donating money to him or something, then that is a bigger deal.

I was going to say that I don't fault Trump for taking these meetings with Broidy but he knows exactly who and what Broidy is. I mean, it was a really big deal (particularly in NY) when Alan Hevesi (a Democrat) went down for corruption and Trump had donated to him quite a bit. (and had gotten some sweetheart deals)

All these people know who Broidy is. He's been a major donor/fundraiser forever. This should be a no-brainer for anyone who is draining the swamp.

Now, not really giving a f# about "draining the swamp" isn't a crime or (obviously) unusual in DC (hence the swamp) but I think that Trump fairly deserves criticism for pushing "drain the swamp" and keeping people like Broidy around.
edit on 2018-5-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It does indeed look shady, however, beyond meeting and knowing the guy involved, I don't see the specific issue relating to Trump. I am not surprised all sorts of shady Washington types meet both Trump and his cabinet members.

If your goal is to highlight the evils of lobbying and cash swilling around in Washington then I am with you. I am not however with you if this is just another attempt to pin standard fare in Washington to the President.

The bar is quite rightly very high when it comes to believing any speculation from the media when it comes to Trump. That is their own fault.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I forgot that Trumpkins only "read" pictures. Fml. I'll try harder next time.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Of course not. Once you see the avatar you know it's a long rant about basically nothing and a waste of time.

And yet, here you are for the hundredth time, saying the same thing.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I agree with your last section.

As someone who voted for trump, I feel even more obligated to hold him to the standard I would hold others to.

People like manafort, Broidy, and others are swamp like, and shame on trump for either not knowing or not caring.

I think the best thing to come from the mueller probe, albeit nothing to do with trump russian collusion, was the story of the Mercury, podesta group, manafort lobbying in 2012.

This lobbying was going to people on all sides of the aisle, and quite frequently so. This is the type of crap that needs to stop.

And this story leads me to believe that so far, trump is not doing a good job of surrounding him with non swamp people, and he should be called out for that.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Sublimecraft

What does this have to do with the OP?

Simple - your OP sucks and is way too long and frankly, boring - at the other end of the spectrum, my post is awesome and has lots of colours and a link - the real question is: do you hear Obama or Hillary?

Trump got a good one in Pampeo, I'd say the Lefties that were running things under Obama are running scared now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join